Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Need assistance with Generation 20 - Rugged Waters

CeiyanaCeiyana
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited August 15, 2018 in Help
I've gotten through most of the generations quite smoothly (Albeit, I'm hopelessly stuck on Baour Dungeon in Generation 3.) but I've gotten stuck at one point of Generation 20 involving the Prophets. Usually I'm able to dish out a sound beating as a spellsword character, but during Rugged Waters each and every one of them targets me first, and unless I try some tricksy strafing moves with a mount while avoiding Brilluen's magic attacks, I always get a solid walloping from the 150 damage hits of three enemies ganging up on me simultaneously. It could be the fact I'm only a cumulative level of 120 or so and I need to level up my skills for better stats, but I wanted to know if there were any strategies besides strafing around on a horse that could help me avoid my inevitable demise.

If stats are really the main problem, I'd like an explanation on the fastest way to get them up. Thanks!

Comments

• asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    I think one of the first things to do is run with the pet and crisis escape. It's troublesome, but luring 1 or 2 is better than 3. Luring 1 is even better if you can be cautious about it. It's been a while since I've done that quest line. I just remember running a lot because all 3 would gang up.

I would suggest saving all the adventure seals you can and do them daily until you get the Royal Knight armor. It helps immensely.

• CeiyanaCeiyana
    I tried it out and, while tedious, it became so much easier to win once Marcan was out of the picture and I could pick off Pennar and Brilluen by myself. So, thanks for the advice! I always thought that it was my own fault for going into the quest at my current cumulative level.

As for the Royal Knight armor, do you know any way besides daily shadow missions that would help with farming up Adventure Seals? The extra 5 protection seems very handy.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Ceiyana wrote: »
    I tried it out and, while tedious, it became so much easier to win once Marcan was out of the picture and I could pick off Pennar and Brilluen by myself. So, thanks for the advice! I always thought that it was my own fault for going into the quest at my current cumulative level.

As for the Royal Knight armor, do you know any way besides daily shadow missions that would help with farming up Adventure Seals? The extra 5 protection seems very handy.

There's an assortment of in-game quests you can do for Adventurer Seals. Check out this page on the wiki for more information!
  • CeiyanaCeiyana
    Thanks for the help, everyone! I'll be sure to farm more Adventure Seals from now on.