Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Missing Puppetry Quest

SlyvannaSlyvanna
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Help
I have checked the wiki, I have checked the forums and have found no answers. I did the tutorial about rebirth where it has you select your talent. I chose the puppetry one. Once out of the tutorial and back into the main world it send me the next talk to Duncan quest but I never received the Mysterious Mail quest. I tried logging off and back on, switching channels, completely exiting the game and equipping and re-equipping the control bars. I do have the wire skills and the rest of the puppetry skills are at the top of my unlearned tab. I just don't have the quest to get them. If anyone has some idea as what I should do, I'd appreciated it. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    If you have the quest line for either Fighter or Ninja active, that may be the reason why you haven't received the quest yet - if so, you'd probably have to complete those quests first before you can receive the Mysterious Mail quest.

> because as far as I remember, you can only have one skill quest active at a time. not exactly sure if it applies to talent quest lines, but it's as good as a guess as any. if that doesn't work, and you can't access it from the beginners board (?) then you'd have to contact support.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    I must say my friend Kiaranne of Ruairi encountered the same issue with the Ninja questline. I understand how frustrating it can be to have nothing but one skill for your active talent (in her case, Shuriken Mastery). However, it seems she managed to get it by rebirthing into another talent (Close Combat). Maybe that will solve your issue as well.
  • DyIanDyIan
    Mabinogi Rep: 580
    Hm, do you have to be a certain level before you can be sent those quests? I know one of my alt characters I started as a puppeteer, and she didn't receive the quests for a while either... What level are you? I would say, go and try to level up a bit and give the tactic of changing channels etc again. You may have to be like, level 30 or so or something.
  • SlyvannaSlyvanna
    Ringabel wrote: »
    If you have the quest line for either Fighter or Ninja active, that may be the reason why you haven't received the quest yet - if so, you'd probably have to complete those quests first before you can receive the Mysterious Mail quest.

> because as far as I remember, you can only have one skill quest active at a time. not exactly sure if it applies to talent quest lines, but it's as good as a guess as any. if that doesn't work, and you can't access it from the beginners board (?) then you'd have to contact support.

I am not on another quest line. If this continues I will take your advice and contact support. I'll finish doing all the close combat job board training in hopes that will unlock it.

• SlyvannaSlyvanna
    Draech wrote: »
    I must say my friend Kiaranne of Ruairi encountered the same issue with the Ninja questline. I understand how frustrating it can be to have nothing but one skill for your active talent (in her case, Shuriken Mastery). However, it seems she managed to get it by rebirthing into another talent (Close Combat). Maybe that will solve your issue as well.

If finishing the close combat job boards does nothing for me then I will try a rebirth.
  • SlyvannaSlyvanna
    DyIan wrote: »
    Hm, do you have to be a certain level before you can be sent those quests? I know one of my alt characters I started as a puppeteer, and she didn't receive the quests for a while either... What level are you? I would say, go and try to level up a bit and give the tactic of changing channels etc again. You may have to be like, level 30 or so or something.

Why would I be required to be a certain level when the other talent titles don't have that as a requirement. The friend I start this character for chose marital arts and was given his quest. On my other character when I chose archery I received my quest right away.

• SlyvannaSlyvanna
    Thanks everyone so far for the help. Even if suggestions don't end up working, I still appreciate the ideas!
  • SlyvannaSlyvanna
    I was able to get it. So here is how I fixed it. I switched channels again from 7 to 6 with my pick axe equipped. I had already tried it with the control bars in my hand and with it out of my hands. It only worked when the control bars were in the secondary slot and the pick axe in the first one with it being the selected weapon. Level 19 from trying to complete the job board close combat trainings. (was hoping it would unlock the pupperty training). No rebirth. So there we go. Thanks for all the help and ideas!