Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

any way to get an old account back?

NellicNellic
Mabinogi Rep: 205
in Help
i forgot the email to an old account but i'm unable to remember what i used for my info. all i can remember is the characters i used in Mabi (my human, elf, and a few pets) and roughly when my last log in date was but my account creation date idr at all. i've attempted to make a ticket but despite being able to tell them pretty much everything except my account creation date i've been told they can't verify my ownership of the account so now i'm just really frustrated at the customer support. is there anything i could possibly do to get the account back? i've spent too much time and money and the account to not get it back, but after all the nonsense i've been put through idk anymore it's seriously frustrating and pretty heartbreaking the way they've been handling this

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Unfortunately, if you have forgotten your email, and/or anything that associates with it there is really little you can do. Their priority is to uphold their standards to keep players and their accounts safe and they can't just simply say ok, this is your account and allow you to access it.

Have you tried asking them if there are other methods to verify?
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Have you ever purchased anything from the Nexon web shop using a credit card/paypal? If so, you could get a credit card/paypal transaction receipt as proof of ownership, as they can match the date and content of purchase with your own, and it's exclusive to your account.
    GretaSpareoh
  • NellicNellic
    i could try the CC/Paypal route but no i haven't thought to ask since they seem pretty set on what they want in terms of info
  • NellicNellic
    still nothing. i found previous purchases that are definitely from that account on my Paypal, i showed them the receipt from Paypal and stated how i'd purchased NX around the time of the 9th anniversary event and that it was also around the last time i'd last logged in, i have videos of me on a character on that account but they didn't help either. i'm at a loss. so because i can't recall like 2 things i just get screwed and can't get my account back basically?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Nellic wrote: »
    still nothing. i found previous purchases that are definitely from that account on my Paypal, i showed them the receipt from Paypal and stated how i'd purchased NX around the time of the 9th anniversary event and that it was also around the last time i'd last logged in, i have videos of me on a character on that account but they didn't help either. i'm at a loss. so because i can't recall like 2 things i just get screwed and can't get my account back basically?

They didn't say whether there was any other criteria as well?
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Say the magic words: "Escalate me to a manager". This is often the only way for the basic Support grunts to be able to get rid of the ticket, and "managers" (let's not kid ourselves; they're just glorified Support Agents who can bend the rules) will be able to look into this further with you. Be warned, though, that being escalated often means longer wait times before being replied to (3-10 days instead of 1-4).
    Spareoh
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Draech wrote: »
    Say the magic words: "Escalate me to a manager". This is often the only way for the basic Support grunts to be able to get rid of the ticket, and "managers" (let's not kid ourselves; they're just glorified Support Agents who can bend the rules) will be able to look into this further with you. Be warned, though, that being escalated often means longer wait times before being replied to (3-10 days instead of 1-4).

That's worth trying if there's nothing else left, although I'd recommend asking for tier two support first, but you may or may not be escalated and the manager may or may not be able to help you if you are. You can keep trying to work your way up the food chain but that won't work since after support team manager is complaints department. The buck stops there and those folks are not afraid to say no. You can mention the possibility of legal action but that will promptly get you their legal department 800 number, the suggestion to have your lawyer contact it, and a prompt release of your call.