[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ego update!

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 11,050
Posts: 2,040
Member
in Help
If you convert your classic spirit weapon, you get bonus levels depending on its classic level. Is this right away when the update goes live or when you decide to convert?

Comments

  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,185
    Posts: 2,443
    Member
    When you decide to convert.

    If you want to convert a Classic Spirit Weapon into a new one, you do it via Berched over at his house outside Taillteann.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,050
    Posts: 2,040
    Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    When you decide to convert.

    If you want to convert a Classic Spirit Weapon into a new one, you do it via Berched over at his house outside Taillteann.

    Okay, so I presume the classic egos will gain experience as per usual, so I'll need to compare that with the new type to see where the best point is to actually make the conversion, in terms of gaining the most levels per raw items consumed.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    Posts: 57
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    When you decide to convert.

    If you want to convert a Classic Spirit Weapon into a new one, you do it via Berched over at his house outside Taillteann.

    Okay, so I presume the classic egos will gain experience as per usual, so I'll need to compare that with the new type to see where the best point is to actually make the conversion, in terms of gaining the most levels per raw items consumed.

    From what I understand it sounds like egos are gonna level up far more easily than they used to. I hope at least, because I went through about 200+ gems during the last few fishing events and only got my ego up to level 35 from like level 25 or something.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,050
    Posts: 2,040
    Member
    With the new system you'll get to have three ego weapons. If you keep your classic do you get 4?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,050
    Posts: 2,040
    Member
    Squee wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    When you decide to convert.

    If you want to convert a Classic Spirit Weapon into a new one, you do it via Berched over at his house outside Taillteann.

    Okay, so I presume the classic egos will gain experience as per usual, so I'll need to compare that with the new type to see where the best point is to actually make the conversion, in terms of gaining the most levels per raw items consumed.

    From what I understand it sounds like egos are gonna level up far more easily than they used to. I hope at least, because I went through about 200+ gems during the last few fishing events and only got my ego up to level 35 from like level 25 or something.

    Yes, but apparently, depending on what your best stat is at the time you make the conversion, you get bonus levels; more bonus the later you do it. On the other hand this is how it has been explained to me second hand. Perhaps Nexon was originally talking about how the original experience curve maps to the new one?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,185
    Posts: 2,443
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    With the new system you'll get to have three ego weapons. If you keep your classic do you get 4?

    Nope, a classic spirit weapon counts against the limit of 3.

    As for when it's best to make the conversion, I'd say as soon as possible.
    Classic Ego Weapon Level Gain level when switching to New Ego:
    1 ~ 29 level Current level +5
    Level 30-34 Current level +10
    Level 35-39 Current level +15
    Level 40 ~ 44 Current level +22
    Level 45 ~ 47 Current level +30
    Level 48-50 Current level +40

    Going just by how many bonus levels you'd get from transferring it looks like 48~50 is the optimal one, but that's not really an accurate representation.
    Unless you're like one level away from reaching a new "tier" of upgrade bonus I'd transfer right away, the new exp curve is that much better.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,050
    Posts: 2,040
    Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    With the new system you'll get to have three ego weapons. If you keep your classic do you get 4?

    Nope, a classic spirit weapon counts against the limit of 3.

    As for when it's best to make the conversion, I'd say as soon as possible.
    Classic Ego Weapon Level Gain level when switching to New Ego:
    1 ~ 29 level Current level +5
    Level 30-34 Current level +10
    Level 35-39 Current level +15
    Level 40 ~ 44 Current level +22
    Level 45 ~ 47 Current level +30
    Level 48-50 Current level +40

    Going just by how many bonus levels you'd get from transferring it looks like 48~50 is the optimal one, but that's not really an accurate representation.
    Unless you're like one level away from reaching a new "tier" of upgrade bonus I'd transfer right away, the new exp curve is that much better.

    I assume the levels on the left are classic levels and the bonus is in new levels.

    We need five pieces of information to decide the optimal change-over point; this table is one of them.
    We need the classic ego experience to level function, which we already have.
    We need the new ego experience to level function, which I'm guessing is on some Korean site right now?
    We need to know the exchange rate of consuming items for classic weapons, which we theoretically have..
    We need to know the exchange rate of consuming items for new ego weapons.