Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

JoJo's Bizarre Name Censor

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »
    mSZxkr4.png

They updated the reason, lol. And my ticket still hasn't been replied to. I guess that's Nexon for you. Unless they're "saving" it for me now (which I highly doubt) it seems they just changed their reasoning rather than properly explaining why to me. Livid.

Wait wait wait. Let's see what happens during this maintenance.

Pretty sure nothing. If something were going to happen they likely would've addressed it in my ticket.

I also can't even reach the support site when logged in on my laptop, only on my phone.

Weird...
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited March 5, 2020
    Weird...

Yeah. It's also a tad ridiculous. I've been out of my family and guild for nearly two weeks now, and had to empty my bank space which has clogged up my bags. And during those ~2 weeks, they've left me on read for 4 days (technically 6 but it was the weekend). I asked for a refund and was denied one, then they go and change the reason for the name being blocked. Would've been nice to know that when I went to claim the name! Basically got scammed out of $10.

If they ever do reply to my ticket they're probably just going to tell me what the new pop up message says. I've never been one to seriously bash Nexon, but honestly this was probably the most aggravating and untimely experience I've had with them.

Guess I'm just changing to something else since they won't put 10,000 NX back into my account.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    If anything with Zeni cannot be used, why not use Zion?
  • SebastianSebastian
    edited March 5, 2020

Doesn't have Zen as the start. Also it seems that stuff with Zeni can be used. Zzenith is in use as well as Zenithe. They straight up only blocked Zenith and Zeni.

Oddly enough, the name Zen is currently in use in game, even though the system marks it as prohibited! But it didn't mark it as prohibited at first when I checked 10 days ago... strange, huh?
    KensamaofmariWolfsingerCrimsọnSherri
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Sad, this looked like a middle finger if no info was given.
    Sebastian
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175

Doesn't have Zen as the start. Also it seems that stuff with Zeni can be used. Zzenith is in use as well as Zenithe. They straight up only blocked Zenith and Zeni.

Oddly enough, the name Zen is currently in use in game, even though the system marks it as prohibited! But it didn't mark it as prohibited at first when I checked 10 days ago... strange, huh?

Sigh something tells me that this is going to remain a mystery. But I am telling you that Nexon does reserve names before a game goes live. They also blatantly stole a user name from a player. Google it.
  • SebastianSebastian

Sigh something tells me that this is going to remain a mystery. But I am telling you that Nexon does reserve names before a game goes live. They also blatantly stole a user name from a player. Google it.

I don't doubt you, at all.

Also, ticket was updated YET AGAIN without a message.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 5, 2020

https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/9q7ekp/name_changed_without_notification_or_reason/

I remember accidentally running into this post. Upvoted it right away. Too bad Nexon doesn't leave any list of existing GM names just in case...
    Sebastian
  • SebastianSebastian
    Greta wrote: »

https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/9q7ekp/name_changed_without_notification_or_reason/

I remember accidentally running into this post. Upvoted it right away. Too bad Nexon doesn't leave any list of existing GM names just in case...

Oh boy, this really does look like a hot mess.
  • SebastianSebastian
    edited March 5, 2020
    Update: I'm getting the name! They sent in a change on my behalf, they just can't pin exactly when I'll be getting it.

Guess I really jumped the gun on doubting Nexon. Oops.

Thanks again to Mewlynne for sorting this out.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Congrats, I take back what I said about Nexon sending a message with a middle finger with these issues.
    Sebastian