Money making guide: [Will be updated some more in the future]
Making gold in the game is an essential part of surviving in Mabinogi. Gold can get you stronger gear or fashionable gear depending on how you the player see fit.
1. How to make gold without depending on Nexon cash?
Most player's in-game sell stuff giving by Nexon cash but have no fear you will not necessary need to rely on that as your source of income in the game. (here is a list of possible way)
- "Church Part Time Jobs"
What I mean by "Church Part Time Jobs" is going to NPC like Endelyon, Kristell, Comgan, James, Castanea, Collen, and Pencast who are mainly located nearby the churches in towns you visit. When talking to these NPCs, you'll have the option to "Start the conversation" and then look for the keyword "Part-Time Jobs" The NPC will either tell you the time part-time jobs starts or give you the option to start the part-time job.
Upon completion you are reward with "Holy Water" now you're probably asking how is water going to get me money? Simple this just isn't any old water this is holy water used to bless items and also used in crafting. By collecting a fair amount of holy water, a stack of 10 could easily get you 25,000~50,000 in gold depending on your server economy.
-2. How do I sell things
Now again your probably asking gee that is a nice method, but how do I sell the stuff? Easy selling stuff in the game take patients but is worth the wait.
Either selling or buying and item you are looking for the fastest way of publicity to the players of the channel is setting up a party, But not just any old party it must be a "Dungeon" party.
Setting up a party Ad
-Open the party menu using the [P] key
-Select the regular party tab
-select the party type as dungeon
-finally in Dungeon name, desired level, and info your going to type out what you want to buy or sell for example
- Once you have the name, you want the party what your selling or buying press "Form party" button and leave recruitment sign up for it to broadcast to the party chat channel.
This is the simplest form of buying and selling but most players these days also use [c/o]as in current offer and [nm] as note me for short because the party has limited how much you can type. As an example
S>holy water c/o 5k nm current offer is 5,000 using the k for thousand is the amount someone in-game has an offer for said item. This type of selling is auctioning off to the highest bidder. Note me the player does not want you to add them unless their party says add on it.
The last market term you'll need to know is [aw] as in Auto win the price you wish to make on the item you are selling. That way it lets the players are wanting to purchase your item a running the chance of making an offer to meet your criteria.
Making a note/checking for notes
- Pressing the [F] key to open your friend's list
- Click the tab that says "Note."
- There you'll see either a note from the other players or you can compose your note to a player who brings the [nm] in play in selling and buying in-game.
Eventually with all that hard work of waiting with the gold you made it's best to invest in a personal shop first before getting into items.
Why you might ask
Personal shops do all the selling for you allowing you to enjoy the game as well as making gold on the side. Mostly in all banks around the land of Erinn, you can purchase a personal shop license. However, before buying a personal store license, you'll need to get a bag to put the items you wish to sell.
Acquiring/Setting up shop
- Purchase "Item Bag (44)" or bigger depending on the size of your choosing. The bag can also act as extra storage as well as something for selling items. This bag can be found in general stores in towns you visit.
- Then purchase a "personal Store license" and a "Personal Shop Brownie" to guard your shop so you can adventure around without losing the shop. This two thing can be found inside the bank, but be careful about purchasing the license in town bank you buy it from it only works in that area so always best to buy these two things in the location you want to set up shop.
Once you have everything your now ready to set up shop! Depending on the town you got your personal store license. You can either set a shop up inside or outside of town. I would recommend that you set up shop where the crowd is. Furthermore, if you change channels or log off your store will close.
- Setting prices can be as easy as eating a slice of cake! Right, click the desired item in the bag you wish to sell and select "Set price" now input the amount you wish to sell the item for once you have the desired price press, okay, and the item will now show up for other players to purchase.