Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why are the monsters in dungeons so strong?

CodyCody
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Help
Outside the dungeon, monsters die in one hit, and when I go into Alby monsters have like 500HP. Am I doing something wrong here?

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    No no, you're not doing anything wrong. ^^ The game had a dungeon revamp last summer which balanced/changed up the dungeons, so mobs became a bit stronger compared to field mobs. Here was the original announcement page for it. http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/all/15/00IyE/a-new-dawn-for-dungeons

I don't know if you're a long time player or a new one, so if you need more information, please feel free to ask!
    Blissfulkill
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited April 3, 2017
    The Dungeon Revamp made each dungeon procedurally harder. It is now that we no longer have Rabbie Basic being as hard a Math Basic and the such. Each dungeon gets harder being along the lines like: Alby Normal < Alby Basic = Ciar Normal < Alby Int = Ciar Basic = Math Normal ... etc.

One problem I find from this revamp is that Alby Normal, the baseline easiest dungeon is scaled REALLY badly for new players. The white spiders have over 300 hp which is almost as much as a skeleton from rabbie pre-dungeon-revamp. I guess Alby Beginner could be a... "solution" for this problem but Beginner is not affected by the revamp so it still has the really low experience output.

We need a second dungeon revamp to consider the newer players and not the existing players who have time to be strong.
    LostLinks