Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Field Raiding Strategy?

MiasmataMiasmata
Mabinogi Rep: 675
in Help
Seeing the red dragon's lightning storm out in Zardine made me think if Field raiding had any strategy behind it.

White and Black Dragon raids seem a bit lame since its just spamming attacks on them and their minions, but the field bosses seem a bit more dynamic in the periods that they cannot be attacked, and the types of attacks they use...

i.e Black Dragon, jump up slam down, or run forward
vs
Red Dragon, storm conjures epic lightning storm, and meteors from the sky.

I am curious though if there are viable mechanics behind it...i.e lightning shielding the lightning storm, fire shielding the meteors, dpsing outside of them etc.

And what other field bosses have mechanics like these?

I kind of want to do something outside of shadow missions for fighting content, and was wondering what you guys think of field raiding.

Also approx what level do you think would be a good time to tackle it with some friends?

Comments

• AwwPicklesAwwPickles
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    Pickles has not done field raiding after, whoever the nut job was who decided it was a great idea to have "Drop a Meteor on a dragon 300 times" be a requirement to obtain a master title.

Pickles assumes anywhere above level 600 is more than adequate to start field bossing since with skills distributed properly one can skillfully kill any field boss given enough time.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Don't use Fire Shield on the Red Dragon's meteors.
    You'll just die since they aren't blocked by that.

The strategy for that is to use a Cool Wind L-Rod or a Snowfield L-Rod and use "Land Maker" action to lower the ground twice.
    Being in a hole will cause you to not be hit by the meteors (even if they look like they're landing right on you).

Lightning Shield works on that lightning storm, but make sure you aren't "inside" the Red Dragon's hitbox (or where the hitbox was before it flew up) or it'll count as the dragon being inside your shield and thus you won't be protected from its lightning.

One tactic I've seen is to Focus damage on the red dragon's tail, since it'll eventually "die" and disable its tail swipe attack.
    Then you just stand on top of the dragon to keep it from charging, run behind it to avoid its fire breath if it uses it, and WM it if it tries to fly up.

Personally, I don't care much for field boss raids.
    If for the only reason that the Quests for them ask you to do things that you wouldn't naturally do during the raid. (even something as innocuous as "Smash the boss", since who would wanna use Smash rather than Bash anyways?)
  • MiasmataMiasmata
    Mabinogi Rep: 675
    AwwPickles wrote: »
    Pickles has not done field raiding after, whoever the nut job was who decided it was a great idea to have "Drop a Meteor on a dragon 300 times" be a requirement to obtain a master title.

"Drop a Meteor on a dragon 300 times"
    Mother-Of-God.jpg

Smash the boss sounds stupid, but I'm not really in it for the rewards (because they arent that great in the first place)

I'm in it for the challenge, and doing something other than dailies...