Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Defeating the Ulgarms...

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Syaohart wrote: »
    Fighting works for me more with 9/10 success rate. Don't know how much ping affects this event, but I'm in UK and in an area that has pretty bad net speed. Running away method has yet to work for me, if it works for anyone else then congrats.

Video proof plaz.
    Helsa
  • ineednickineednick
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    yea it works when you leave subaru but sometimes i failed i don't know what's going on but maybe ping affect that
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited August 17, 2018
    Lol I see no difference
    c89338c062.jpg
    Kensamaofmari
  • emery116emery116
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Just use the chain blade and regular attack the mobs. They drop dead in 2 hits on average. Ignoring the skill sets make it easy to clear this mission.
    Policroma
  • TNinjaTNinja
    emery116 wrote: »
    Just use the chain blade and regular attack the mobs. They drop dead in 2 hits on average. Ignoring the skill sets make it easy to clear this mission.

Good luck not getting 6x switch agroed
  • emery116emery116
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Eh. I kill them all before they even are able to agro.
  • NaxosNaxos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,405
    Here is how I proceed :

As soon as I enter the mission, I quickly get far away from Subaru, but I dont entirely leave him out of sight. From then on, if I have Chain skills, I use Dorcha Conversion, and wait for the timer to get to 00:45, at which point, the next spawn is the time where I run back in, and use Chain Sweep on the largest group I can get to.
    If I have Magic skills, I do the very same thing, except I either wait until 01:00 before running, and normal attacking a weak Ulgarm, or I load up Ice spear and Spellwalk, and wait for 00:45 to go in and target a large group again.

The mission automatically fails if too many Ulgarms spawn, which is frequent if too many Small Ulgarms spawn, as opposed to bigger ones. Note that in general, just Killing 3 or 4 Ulgarms prevents the mission from auto failing.

In short, wait a while on the sideline to prevent any aggro, and when the timer is about to reach 01:00 kill a few, Subaru will survive the first hits, and you'll have prevented the auto fail by kill a few garms.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Just before I write it up as a bug, I just wanted to check with others, especially those saying they always clear: when you start the mission, are there already wolves, with another wave spawning two seconds later? Or is it like in Zarric's video, where there are none when entering the mission?

I've been getting a mix of both, and while the one with no spawn upon entering has yielded 100% success rate, the one where there are five, then another spawn shortly after has given me a lot of trouble, since it's impossible to defeat all wolves before the first "actual" spawn.

Who's gotten scenario 1 (Pre-spawned wolves)? Who gets scenario 2 (no wolves at start)? Or do you get a mix of both?
  • ArandelLeigholdArandelLeighold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    edited August 17, 2018
    Running away certainly works, but it was mentioned that if too many spawn it's an instant failure.

After playing around a bit it looks like the magic number is around 35. I sat back and watched them spawn in, and each time it was 5. Enough to fail me right at the end after 7 spawns. So if you can keep an eye on how many there are, you can judge on when you need to run in versus hanging back and letting the timer run out.

That number could be as low as 31, though, since the last was a group of 5. Probably safe to not let it get above 30.
  • downbookdownbook
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    Draech wrote: »
    Just before I write it up as a bug, I just wanted to check with others, especially those saying they always clear: when you start the mission, are there already wolves, with another wave spawning two seconds later? Or is it like in Zarric's video, where there are none when entering the mission?

So far all I see is none when entering, are you loading slowly into the mission?
    Running away certainly works, but it was mentioned that if too many spawn it's an instant failure.

After playing around a bit it looks like the magic number is around 35. I sat back and watched them spawn in, and each time it was 5. Enough to fail me right at the end after 7 spawns. So if you can keep an eye on how many there are, you can judge on when you need to run in versus hanging back and letting the timer run out.

That number could be as low as 31, though, since the last was a group of 5. Probably safe to not let it get above 30.

A good visual cue for me, instead of counting would be two big wolves spawn = auto win, not too sure about just 1 big wolf spawning, that might narrowly work?
    ArandelLeighold
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    downbook wrote: »

So far all I see is none when entering, are you loading slowly into the mission?

While I do load slowly sometimes, it does not seem to affect whether I will get scenario 1 (wolves) or 2 (no wolves). That's why I wanted to check with others; to make sure this wasn't intended, and that not all are affected by this troublesome issue that I believe is irrelevent to specs.
  • TNinjaTNinja

Wow give me your internet privilege.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    TNinja wrote: »

Wow give me your internet privilege.

Well i'm able to kill 4 out of 5 wolves most of the time before second spawn happens. And i'm in freaking Europe and in Alexina ch1. So i'm sure i would kill even faster in other channels.
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510

I've been getting a mix of both, and while the one with no spawn upon entering has yielded 100% success rate, the one where there are five, then another spawn shortly after has given me a lot of trouble, since it's impossible to defeat all wolves before the first "actual" spawn.

Who's gotten scenario 1 (Pre-spawned wolves)? Who gets scenario 2 (no wolves at start)? Or do you get a mix of both?
    While I do load slowly sometimes, it does not seem to affect whether I will get scenario 1 (wolves) or 2 (no wolves). That's why I wanted to check with others; to make sure this wasn't intended, and that not all are affected by this troublesome issue that I believe is irrelevent to specs.

For this I've yet to see them be spawned when I enter, always had to wait for them before I could start just like my video. However slow loading isn't an issue for me when it comes to this. Spec wise my pc I use is pretty decent, though I lack an ssd. Internet and response times are pretty decent too.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited August 17, 2018

It really doesn't matter. I've just been control-clicking every time. You can get completely ROFLstomped by the mobs and still clear the mission. I've had the mobs completely shove Rem and Subaru in opposite directions and still clear the mission. This is a gag-quest intended to be doable by lowbies. It isn't Rabbie Phantasm.

I *will* try to hit the mobs closer to Subaru, sure. But I honestly have no idea how people are failing this. Just spam control-click.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    edited August 17, 2018
    On another note.
    Rem's flail is a staff.

So, if you get her weapon in one way or another, you get to case Int and probably Adv magic while using Chain Blade.
    Policroma wrote: »

It really doesn't matter. I've just been control-clicking every time. You can get completely ROFLstomped by the mobs and still clear the mission. I've had the mobs completely shove Rem and Subaru in opposite directions and still clear the mission. This is a gag-quest intended to be doable by lowbies. It isn't Rabbie Phantasm.

I *will* try to hit the mobs closer to Subaru, sure. But I honestly have no idea how people are failing this. Just spam control-click.

Because Subaru is being such a beta, aggoring randomly, and takes hit from everything while dying in less than 10 seconds.

The small wolves hits like 1 uncritte, but the larger ones with Advanced Heavy Stande rhits for like 50 to 80, killing him easily.
    And the large ones have aggro switching, meaning even if you tried to bait it, it can ocasionally just ignore you and jump on Subaru instead.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730

Because Subaru is being such a beta, aggoring randomly, and takes hit from everything while dying in less than 10 seconds.

The small wolves hits like 1 uncritte, but the larger ones with Advanced Heavy Stande rhits for like 50 to 80, killing him easily.
    And the large ones have aggro switching, meaning even if you tried to bait it, it can ocasionally just ignore you and jump on Subaru instead.

And I'm telling you none of that matters.

Just control click. You'll destroy most of them before aggro even happens. And if it does? Subaru can take a couple hits and so can you.

Seriously, don't overthink this.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I just run and hope the wolves don't aggro Subaru. most of the time it works. ran all the way to Duncan's house in that mission once and passes. also as a side note you can check the housing market board and the party board in Tir in that mission. kind of useless but still kind of funny you can do it anyway.
    Jazmyn
  • TNinjaTNinja
    edited August 17, 2018
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I just run and hope the wolves don't aggro Subaru. most of the time it works. ran all the way to Duncan's house in that mission once and passes. also as a side note you can check the housing market board and the party board in Tir in that mission. kind of useless but still kind of funny you can do it anyway.

You can also go to the wanted board and start a bandit pursuit.

Policroma wrote: »

And I'm telling you none of that matters.

Just control click. You'll destroy most of them before aggro even happens. And if it does? Subaru can take a couple hits and so can you.

Seriously, don't overthink this.

Lol no.

We're complaining because your exact tactic didn't work.
  • NaxosNaxos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,405
    Actually, the large wolves deal 1 damage. It's the small wolves that hit for 20 on normal and 80 on smash. So if you fight Ignore the big wolves. They're more of a help than a hindrance.