Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G21 and General Suggestions/Feedback [SPOILERS]

SnipertweenkySnipertweenky
Mabinogi Rep: 465
in Feedback and Suggestions
I would first like to say that, while playing mabinogi for years on top of years, I'm new to the Mabinogi forums. I was never the type to this game's news and announcements and all of that nature. However I did very recently found out that mabinogi had a twitch page, which ended up joining the forums to voice some suggestions.

Starting off with G21 [SPOILERS]
With the addition of our newest transformation, Nascent Divinity, I feel as though if one leaves combat long enough, their duration should regenerate a bit slowly while still in the transformation. Also the feathers or hair (preferably hair, but considering our other transformations the feathers would be viable as well) should match the color of our actual Millitian's hair. Also, going out there a bit too much, but I would love to see some attachments for Nascent Divinity (i.e. wings) that will allow you to fly similar to being on a flying mount.
-Side Note: Nascent Divinity is our literal first transformation that allows the playerbase to FEEL as if they can customize and personalize their transformation. Take advantage of that Nexon, I would love to buy some Nascent Divinity parts with nexon cash. Preferably wings, different clothes/robes, wigs, gloves, etc.

Now, with this next part I would first like to say that I am a returning player who left mabinogi 7 years ago. I had to make a new account and etc roughly over a month ago now. So with that being said, some things just should not be handed to new players if this is the road nexon is going to be heading down towards. I literally gotten g19 on all of my characters before I got g1. I can understand that one is eager to get all players to experience new content, we all will eventually. But, g19,g20, and g21 is NOT properly tailored for new players even on the basic difficulty. Before any backlash comes at me, I held off on g19 and did g1-g12 to do g19 and g20. Then I did G13 and G14 before doing g21. At this time I was getting real close to lv 1,000 cap. Because of my experience with this game in the past and remembering literally everything important about it, I knew what to start off with before even redownloading this game. So I had absolutely no difficulty with killing bosses in g19-g21. But the biggest road block for most people is Hasidim, and I can see why. I originally tried to defeat Hasidim on my elf. Can't do it. It was alot easier for my giant, didn't come close to dying once mainly because I could actually take the hits with r1 heavy armor mastery while trying to divert his aggro. But, He's far too powerful. That is blatant.
On another note, after defeating Talvish you have to defend the camp infront of the gate. The bear that spawns in the middle is just too...too powerful. You can't stun, knockdown, knockback, or defend against him. He cannot flinch or anything. To better describe this... "boss", its similar to fighting Hasidim, except the bear uses no apostle abilities, hits just as hard as hasidim (if not harder) and hits much faster. His movement speed is also a lot faster as well. Couple that with the zombie mob in the middle, yeah it's a nightmare. I personally have tried everything. No, literally... everything. So I suppose with all this being said, my suggestions for G21 would be to tweak Hasidim for players who aren't 6k+ and to essentially nerf the bear that spawns in "Frosted Land of Twilight". And that's if, only if, you genually want your playerbase to see what's beyond G21. I don't know how others feel but me personally, I will not be continueing on G21 due to this bear...boss.. thing. It would be pointless.

On some other notes and pointers, It would be nice to go back and tweak some of the mission rewards in certain generation quests. G19-G21 are the only generation questline that ACTUALLY rewards the player with a decent amount of gold and experience points. Ofcourse besides the first iria saga that rewards you with AP and a free mount. It would be worthe going through all of the previous generations knowing that you get a similar reward, such as a free mount and AP or a decent amount of gold. As it stands right now, the only reason to do any of the previous quests would be for falcon,paladin,dark knight, or beast transformations or for demi-god, morrighan's demi god abilities, brionac, etc etc. Outside of that there's no reason to do g13-g16. Yes there are some rewards such as personas, a bard ability you get in g13, and what little gold you get out of it. If anything, one would do these generations for achievements. But what good are achievements if there's little reward to them?
For example, lets take g13. Every part of the mission you do you're rewarded stamina 30 potions. I remember when g13 first dropped and it was given to newer players, but not anymore. Now you have to reach an accumulative level of almost 600 OR complete g12 to get to g13. Why are the rewards tailored to new players till this day? To players who have worked to get to g13, the rewards are at most useless -- garbage even.

One last bit before I end this -- Abilities.
Ranged attack - Apparently ranged attack got a huge nerf to it, its range does not increase with rank anymore and now the range of your ranged attack is based on what type of bow you're using. So,after getting rank 2 of ranged attack on my human I can now say wholeheartedly that ranged attack is now garbage. It's useless. There are more classes out there that have the same range (or feels like the same range) as archery, but has x10 more killing potential. Archery is now the most niche talent class in the game. All because the one thing special about it was tooken away. Ranged attack range should increase with tier ranks. Without that, you would be better off with alchemy,magic,chain slash, ninja, puppetry, lance even.

Alchemy - Just mentioned alchemy. To be more specific in this paragraph -- Earth alchemy. The alchemy revisit was pretty good. Except, because Nexon did not properly finish the revisit, all of it is terrible. Nexon did not replace/remove the requirement on Alchemy mastery where you have to create alchemy crystals for experience gains. So now that we CAN'T make alchemy crystals, we also cannot rank up alchemy mastery past rank E without intermediate magic spells and a high ranked mana crystillization skillset. Why is this bad?

Advancing Alchemy Mastery allows you to be more likely to succeed in alchemy skills, and use the skills more efficiently.
All alchemy skills have their damage increased by this skill's effects.
Crystal-making success rate is affected by weather and Daily Effects (Saturday/Samhain).
Rank B Alchemy Mastery is a prerequisite to apply for Royal Alchemist.
Being in a party does not affect crystal production success.
For a list of crystals and recipes, look at the page Alchemy Crystals List.

Now, the only real way to rank alchemy mastery now is to waste ap to force a little bit of experience onto the skill so that you can spend more ap to rank the skill up. Instead of actually earning the experience to make life easier, you have to waste what feels like 30 AP to then spend 3 or 6 or 9 more AP to rank it up.

Considering that mabinogi literally does maintenance and updates on a weekly basis, this issue should've been fixed long ago. Either give us our crystal making back, or get rid of the requirement for making crystals so that the alchemy talent isn't nerfed.

Simple.clean. and cut.

-Snipertweenky

THICCthighssavelivesJazmyn

Comments

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited September 27, 2018
    Can you split your thread into two? One for G21 feedback and spoilers, and one thread for the rest of your general suggestion. I skipped this thread entirely because it was marked "spoilers" and now I see that you have some good points about alchemy mastery and outdated generation rewards.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Unfortunately, the alchemy mastery training requirements bug was forwarded August 18, 2017, and still hasn't be dealt with; so I'm not sure anything will happen anytime soon. It sucks.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/2348/fwd-alchemy-mastery-training-requirements
  • RudeCrowRudeCrow
    Mabinogi Rep: 560
    I don't know...I had a human character do G19~G21 before it even hit total Lv200. Only died about 4 times in G21 due to bad Shield of Trust timing.

For all versions of Hasidim, all I just did was send Golem after Golem after it. (r1 Golem, r1 Earth Alchemy, and r1 Alchemy Mastery).
    For the mini Gatekeeper mission, Fireball, Ice Spear, or Hydra the center, then just use Divine Link to divert aggro to your pet, while you Bash the bear to your heart's content.

The Gen isn't that hard. Just certain things can't be brute-forced.