Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Back from hiatus

KudamonKudamon
Mabinogi Rep: 210
in General Chat
Hello everyone. I just came back from a long hiatus. I'd like my talents to be cooking and music. Are they viable talents? I don't want to use a combat talent.
Bronzebreak

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Well, cooking allows for great buffs, as does music. However, both of those are more support, so I'm not sure if you can get by exclusively on those two. Rank Windmill too. It's a good counter ability to have.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited October 19, 2018
    Leinei wrote: »
    Well, cooking allows for great buffs, as does music. However, both of those are more support, so I'm not sure if you can get by exclusively on those two. Rank Windmill too. It's a good counter ability to have.

I agree. ^

I suggest learning/ranking the warrior combat skills at the minimum for combat talents. There's no way you'll get by on just cooking and bard alone. Sorry. :(
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Cooking does great as side income as well, it's what I do when I need maintenance money. Depending on your server, selling food final price may vary, and never price too high.

Cooking also attracts buyers to your shop to look at other things you may be selling, good for marketing.
    I've been doing it for years.

Combat wise, you won't find much in cooking. There's Culinary Artist, that's the more advanced more combat based talent.

Music is really a support talent, although very useful to have, you have only 1 combat skill.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I'll lend u a hand/motivational task. If Ur on Mari...I'll give you a lump sum of 5 Million Gold if U can cook everything in the collection bar event/Raid stuff 4 me.

tenor.gif?itemid=5373683
    Rhey wrote: »
    I'll lend u a hand/motivational task. If Ur on Mari...I'll give you a lump sum of 5 Million Gold if U can cook everything in the collection bar event/Raid stuff 4 me.

tenor.gif?itemid=5373683

Cook everything? into food waste?
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    It really depends on what you mean by "viable." Since you don't want to use a combat talent, you won't be useful in any kind of combat situation. If you mean "viable" as in "can make gold and exp," there are ways you can use those talents. The cooking talent gives a bonus to gathering skills which you can use to gather for the church part time job and get Holy Water of Lymilark which you can sell using the Auction House for a fair bit of gold. You can also create some Catering Dishes that grant stat buffs and try selling those. You can gain some amount of exp from the Freestyle Jam action and play music in town with people all day. That said, you'll get a lot more if you picked up a combat talent and actually played some Dungeons or Missions from time to time.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Actually, Rhey brought up an interesting point. What server are you on @Kudamon ?
    Caissa wrote: »
    It really depends on what you mean by "viable." Since you don't want to use a combat talent, you won't be useful in any kind of combat situation. If you mean "viable" as in "can make gold and exp," there are ways you can use those talents. The cooking talent gives a bonus to gathering skills which you can use to gather for the church part time job and get Holy Water of Lymilark which you can sell using the Auction House for a fair bit of gold. You can also create some Catering Dishes that grant stat buffs and try selling those. You can gain some amount of exp from the Freestyle Jam action and play music in town with people all day. That said, you'll get a lot more if you picked up a combat talent and actually played some Dungeons or Missions from time to time.

To me it's faster and more efficient to just cook up a bunch of dishes to sell. People would glady do their own catering or to rank up their catering.