Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nerf Gen 2 Animal RP Dungeon

BjhansenBjhansen
Mabinogi Rep: 300
edited December 13, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
I’m playing as a giant and I always hated doing that dungeon because the enemies are too strong. I constantly die, and there’s no way to heal injuries. So I propose either nerfing the enemies or buffing the character in the dungeon.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Does the dungeon allow you to revive at the statue? As a Giant you get: Normal Attack, Smash, Counter Attack, and Defend. Normal/Counter/Defend/Repeat is not a bad combo. Do you wait in room corners to limit multi-agro? IIRC wolves and bears use the same AI and N/C/D works pretty good against them. The only weak point is if they crit on your defend, but if they don't wound too badly and if you can revive at statue then you can overcome that. Since this is a RP everyone you see with Transformation has made it through having to face this. If you are new to Mabinogi and on Alexina, I can show you some simple combos. Just owning a skill is half its' value and you'd be surprised how well you can do with rank F skills once you've learned some combos.
  • BjhansenBjhansen
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Helsa wrote: »
    Does the dungeon allow you to revive at the statue? As a Giant you get: Normal Attack, Smash, Counter Attack, and Defend. Normal/Counter/Defend/Repeat is not a bad combo. Do you wait in room corners to limit multi-agro? IIRC wolves and bears use the same AI and N/C/D works pretty good against them. The only weak point is if they crit on your defend, but if they don't wound too badly and if you can revive at statue then you can overcome that. Since this is a RP everyone you see with Transformation has made it through having to face this. If you are new to Mabinogi and on Alexina, I can show you some simple combos. Just owning a skill is half its' value and you'd be surprised how well you can do with rank F skills once you've learned some combos.

Yes it does but you lose a lot of health and gain injury. There’s no way to lose injury and health takes forever because you’re in a dungeon. The smashes don’t even take a 10th if black grizzly bears’ health. This dungeon is the sole reason I don’t get trans for all my characters.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    It was too long ago for me to remember how I did (I'm a tall person too) but I made it through, so it is doable. My fighting style is, frankly, boring. I take my time and focus on avoiding multi-agro and on avoiding damage more than inflicting it. Other folks get more kills but then I'm the one burning through feathers. If you are on Alexina I could show you some useful combos.
  • DandelionnDandelionn
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    edited December 14, 2018
    This was actually one of the dungeons that annoyed me as I was completing G2 on my giant, I had got to the point where reviving at the statue was almost pointless because of the wounds and I just kept rinsing and repeating dying, hitting the enemies and travelling back. This was annoying, considering on my elf this way waaay easier. (Definitely needs a nerf imo..)
  • RudeCrowRudeCrow
    Mabinogi Rep: 560
    I actually have to agree here. I just completed G2 on my Giant recently. I found that the four Black Grizzly Bears I had to deal with extremely painful to fight against. Their injury and crit rate felt far too high. It was just by some miracle that I was able to level up before getting destroyed and, thus, cleared the RP with no deaths. XD

Anyway, I think an easy fix would be to reduce the number of Black Grizzly Bears to one near the end of Floor 2, while replacing the other Black Grizzly Bear spawn in Floor 1 with something relatively easier to deal with, such a single Brown Grizzly Bear or a single Red Bear.