Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Elven Magic Missle

갈가마귀갈가마귀
Mabinogi Rep: 510
in General Chat
How useless or useful is Elven Magic Missle? Should it be allowed to be used outside of Trans?
  1. How useless is Elven Magic Missle20 votes
    1. Useful
       10% (2 votes)
    2. Useless
       90% (18 votes)

Comments

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited March 30, 2019
    Isn't its usefulness still dependant on whether you're holding a bow or a wand? Or have they updated that?

EDIT: They haven't updated it, wand EMM is still hilarious, OP is full of hot air

Special upgraded R6 Crown Ice Wand:
    xun1cHW.png

Brand new clean Short Bow that I picked up from the ground somewhere:
    EuaK2a1.png

I dont think its dependent on that. On wiki it shows bow dmg wand is still a ?. i dont think it matters tho if you are holding a bow or wand.

To be fair, it actually doesn't matter because EMM on either weapon is weaker than what you could be doing with standard dps attacks - magnum/crash spam if you're holding a bow, cc4 bolt spam if you're holding a wand. There's no need to ever use it.
  • 갈가마귀갈가마귀
    I dont think its dependent on that. On wiki it shows bow dmg wand is still a ?. i dont think it matters tho if you are holding a bow or wand.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Elves already have the best single target dps option on the west coast in the game with Magnum Shot, and massive AOE clearing power between erg 50 bow 3 second crash shot and the highest chain blade max damage at all times (giant can have more for 15 minutes every 36 minutes via might of ladeca but elf's damage is higher for the 21 minutes of downtime).
    Elf archery is objectively superior to it's human counterpart already and my assumption is you want magic missile because giants have full swing during windguard, but before that change giant melee was objectively worse than human's melee despite being the "warrior race" and losing out on the archery skillset entirely in exchange for that supposed superiority in melee combat. I would still subjectively say giant melee is in a worse position than human due to just how broken and centralizing Final Hit is, but at least with full swing during windguard and the (potentially distant future for NA at this rate) addition of final strike giant melee has become at least decently rounded.

I think the better thing to discuss would be buffing all transformations, their active skills, or adding an active skill in the case of paladin (maybe a few for all transformations even); things like making the bonuses scale with total level and ignore normal stat caps like shine of eweca does, and so on. As it is now, Elven Magic Missile is held back because transformation as a whole isn't useful late game and in many cases makes you weaker due to the loss of equipped titles, but with a rework of the transformation system it could be a very useful skill.

Thats my thoughts as someone who's put 25k levels into an elf and 19k into a giant at this point. I did enjoy that short period of time you were able to use Magic Missile with a shuriken :)
  • 갈가마귀갈가마귀
    With a Shuriken that sounds like fun xD
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Elf revamp when?

Never. :trollface:
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Elven magic missile is useless. Light of Ladeca and Final Shot stacking are a thing, on top of the miniscule 1000 damage you MIGHT get out of Magic Missile.

Mirage missile is niche but usuable if you cannot one shot something. Elven Magic Missile is just about the most useless damage skill in the game.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Even if it was 10× stronger, people still wouldn't use it over [currently favored "I WIN" button].
    THICCthighssavelives
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Shaeli wrote: »
    Even if it was 10× stronger, people still wouldn't use it over [currently favored "I WIN" button].

Elven Magic Magnum when?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Elven Magic Magnum when?

Never.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605

I mean it's really not that weak, Magic Missile is 600% if you actually let it charge before shooting it, dan 3 crash shot with 20 level crash shot fragment damage gloves is 350% but does anyone with any vague understanding of the games balance past intermediate shadow missions consider it a completely worthless skill that needs to do 10x the damage? I logged into my elf and without any gear at level 4 current hit 26k with it using a BDK bow; Maybe no one in the thread knows that it does more damage the longer you let it charge and thats why ya'll think it's weak since mashing the hotkey only gives 200% damage.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Lutetium wrote: »

I mean it's really not that weak, Magic Missile is 600% if you actually let it charge before shooting it, dan 3 crash shot with 20 level crash shot fragment damage gloves is 350% but does anyone with any vague understanding of the games balance past intermediate shadow missions consider it a completely worthless skill that needs to do 10x the damage? I logged into my elf and without any gear at level 4 current hit 26k with it using a BDK bow; Maybe no one in the thread knows that it does more damage the longer you let it charge and thats why ya'll think it's weak since mashing the hotkey only gives 200% damage.

It's still useless. By the time you fully charge it, I'll have everything dead with dan 3 CS and dan 3 mag.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855

Then we should shift Magic Missile main focus from straight damage to utility and convenience, or even something like roleplay and fashion.

Option #1: Synergy with Magic

Magic Missile becomes a way to 'shoot' an already-charged bolt or int magic using a bow, with the benefit of extra range and some extra effects. It basically becomes an improvement, an add-on, to the magic system.
    AlexLight