[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

All Instances Need a Reconnect Feature

KeiyomaKeiyoma
Mabinogi Rep: 645
Posts: 10
Member
edited April 23 in General Chat
Numerous times my connection gets shaky, and I often get thrown out of whatever mission, dungeon, or theater mission I'm currently working on. Why is this even a problem? Why hasn't there been a way to just reconnect to the party and pop back into whatever mission/dungeon I was doing? I know it wouldn't be difficult - so why doesn't it exist? Why do I have to be punished for a momentary d/c, and lose, say, my elite pass for a daily mission, while all the other party members just get to go on without me?

All instances, be it SMs, theater missions, or any kind of dungeon need a feature to allow me to rejoin the party, and warp back into the instance. It's a feature for things like Phantasm - so add it to literally everything else.
NomnomnomsAmarazChaosShadow
  1. Necessary?36 votes
    1. Yes.
       81% (29 votes)
    2. No, I should be punished for disconnecting and lose out on potentially a hour or more of work.
       19% (7 votes)

Comments

  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,950
    Posts: 103
    Member
    The fact that they did this for dungeons, and not shadow missions in the same update they implemented it, still aggravates me to this day.
    SheenaAmaraz
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    Posts: 154
    Member
    Ah, so I am not the only one wasting elite passes all the time. :') This really needs to be a feature for sure. My internet is incredibly unstable and getting dailies done can be a chore if I have to try multiple times to make it through a run.
    Tail Def+Rescue the Scout
    AmarazChaosShadow
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,320
    Posts: 6,235
    Member
    I absolutely agree with this 1000%.
    Amaraz
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 37,880
    Posts: 5,423
    Member
    edited April 24
    Why the poll is so biased? Couldn't you made it just "No" instead? Maybe i'm just not experiencing the issue of dc at all, so i want to choose that option, but you added an unnecessary explanation as to why i would disagree. I'm not masochist enough to like being punished.
    KageitoWolfsingerBronzebreak
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,320
    Posts: 6,235
    Member
    edited April 24
    fine...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 37,880
    Posts: 5,423
    Member
    This is irrelevant to the thread, Gaea. Stop ruining threads for your own satisfaction.
    Kageito
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,320
    Posts: 6,235
    Member
    edited April 24
    Greta wrote: »
    This is irrelevant to the thread, Gaea. Stop ruining threads for your own satisfaction.

    You have to oppose EVERYTHING Greta, everything that is logical or would be convenient for OTHERS you oppose for the BLEEP of it. In this case you are nit picking at a "biased" poll which points out irony of the problem in this topic. You would also consider it dry or sarcastic humor.

    :|
    TwelieAmelina
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    Posts: 32
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    This is irrelevant to the thread, Gaea. Stop ruining threads for your own satisfaction.

    You have to oppose EVERYTHING Greta, everything that is logical or would be convenient for OTHERS you oppose for the BLEEP of it. In this case you are nit picking at a "biased" poll which points out irony of the problem in this topic. You would also consider it dry or sarcastic humor.

    :|

    yeah how dare someone have an opposing opinion that would DARE to go against what you say, even if it's a valid point. The audacity of some people to not share the great intellect you have.
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,320
    Posts: 6,235
    Member
    edited April 24
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    This is irrelevant to the thread, Gaea. Stop ruining threads for your own satisfaction.

    You have to oppose EVERYTHING Greta, everything that is logical or would be convenient for OTHERS you oppose for the BLEEP of it. In this case you are nit picking at a "biased" poll which points out irony of the problem in this topic. You would also consider it dry or sarcastic humor.

    :|

    yeah how dare someone have an opposing opinion that would DARE to go against what you say, even if it's a valid point. The audacity of some people to not share the great intellect you have.

    Did you really have to jump on a alt to reinforce your point?

    Oh my god another poll voter for that poll thread. This crap needs to STOP.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,150
    Posts: 253
    Member
    My question is, what happens if you were not in a party when you d/c or what ever happens to boot you out. How are you suppose to return to where you were?
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,320
    Posts: 6,235
    Member
    edited April 24
    My question is, what happens if you were not in a party when you d/c or what ever happens to boot you out. How are you suppose to return to where you were?

    Well as long as you relogin within 4 minutes you should be standing on the altar and should be able to re-enter immediately. A window will ask if you wish to return. Press ok and you will be transported to where you were in the dungeon.

    Now if we could just have this happen with shadow missions, tech duinn, ext.
    Wolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    Posts: 505
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    My question is, what happens if you were not in a party when you d/c or what ever happens to boot you out. How are you suppose to return to where you were?

    Well as long as you relogin within 4 minutes you should be standing on the altar and should be able to re-enter immediately. A window will ask if you wish to return. Press ok and you will be transported to where you were in the dungeon.

    Now if we could just have this happen with shadow missions, tech duinn, ext.

    I would definitely appreciate it with shadow missions. Particularly when I've managed to wade through my lag, get to the end, and then it decide to have a five-minute freeze and dc me XD
    So frustrating.
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,320
    Posts: 6,235
    Member
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    My question is, what happens if you were not in a party when you d/c or what ever happens to boot you out. How are you suppose to return to where you were?

    Well as long as you relogin within 4 minutes you should be standing on the altar and should be able to re-enter immediately. A window will ask if you wish to return. Press ok and you will be transported to where you were in the dungeon.

    Now if we could just have this happen with shadow missions, tech duinn, ext.

    I would definitely appreciate it with shadow missions. Particularly when I've managed to wade through my lag, get to the end, and then it decide to have a five-minute freeze and dc me XD
    So frustrating.

    Indeed. I think the most annoying thing is getting through a tech run and get to the end just to disconnect. >:[
    Wolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,050
    Posts: 5,092
    Member
    Polls were meant for manipulating the thought process.
    THICCthighssavelives
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,320
    Posts: 6,235
    Member
    edited April 24
    Polls were meant for manipulating the thought process.

    And polls are manipulated by alts. :|
    Faithrend
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 37,880
    Posts: 5,423
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Polls were meant for manipulating the thought process.

    And polls are manipulated by alts. :|

    Alts?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,050
    Posts: 5,092
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Polls were meant for manipulating the thought process.

    And polls are manipulated by alts. :|

    Alts?

    A person can open multiple accounts to participate in an online poll putting whatever they want. If error factors like these aren't accounted for, it will statistically end up as results with high margin or error and pretty much useless.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 37,880
    Posts: 5,423
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Polls were meant for manipulating the thought process.

    And polls are manipulated by alts. :|

    Alts?

    A person can open multiple accounts to participate in an online poll putting whatever they want. If error factors like these aren't accounted for, it will statistically end up as results with high margin or error and pretty much useless.

    Kinda pointless to do such things on dead forums...
    Bronzebreak
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    Posts: 505
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Polls were meant for manipulating the thought process.

    And polls are manipulated by alts. :|

    Alts?

    A person can open multiple accounts to participate in an online poll putting whatever they want. If error factors like these aren't accounted for, it will statistically end up as results with high margin or error and pretty much useless.

    Kinda pointless to do such things on dead forums...

    And yet there are those who are determined.... -.-''
    I've actually known a few, sadly. Its like they like talking to themselves
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    Mabinogi Rep: 645
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited April 24
    Greta wrote: »
    Why the poll is so biased? Couldn't you made it just "No" instead? Maybe i'm just not experiencing the issue of dc at all, so i want to choose that option, but you added an unnecessary explanation as to why i would disagree. I'm not masochist enough to like being punished.

    Your vote is your vote, but I can't really understand why the fact that maybe you don't experience d/cs would be enough to make you go 'no, this feature isn't necessary'. Even if my connection was flawless, I would much rather know that disconnecting from the game, due to say, my cat knocking over my router wouldn't completely bone me out of whatever I was working on. But yes, it's certainly 'biased' on the 'yes, this feature would be an absolutely fantastic addition with zero downside to having at all' side. If you don't like the provided option, no one is forcing your hand to vote.