Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So it’s been quite some time since the merge.....

UItimaUItima
Mabinogi Rep: 685
edited August 7, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Suggestion to allow name changes for non merged accounts / the release of names that were locked due to the merge.

I really want to remake my character under a different race and if I delete it and try and create a new character with my name, I know it’s going to say it’s “unavailable”

So I’m just requesting to relook at that “window” that was discussed, where it said that after the merge there would be an amount of time for those affected to get their names changed.

The summer is almost over and this took place before it started, can we at least get a date of when this window of time is over? I’m not entirely sure of the rate of new players in Mabi but I can only assume that number of new mabinogi players in Nao are going to be significantly smaller due to people not being able to make a character if the name was <i> ever</i> taken across three different servers because they’ve been locked away since the merge itself.

Again I don’t think I would have made this post one month ago or even two, but it’s the beginning of August and there’s been little to no information in regards to new players/ones not affected by the merge/people possibly switching from Alexina. If i at least had a date that was more specific than “a grace period” I also wouldn’t be posting this, so if anyone has any information I do not, please post it, it would be super appreciated.

*edit* I was told to post this here by a GM in a support ticket as a resolution

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    You could make the different race character for now, then rename it later.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    You might also need to include you character name and server of residence.
  • UItimaUItima
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    Helsa wrote: »
    You could make the different race character for now, then rename it later.

That's a solid idea. Still a little miffed though.

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    I want to eventually change the name of my human character, but by the time we get name changes for everyone, I'm sure every name imaginable will be taken...