Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Pets! Flying Stingray and Flying Jellyfish

SherriSherri
Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
edited September 17, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello everyone! I was talking with a friend recently about our favorite marine creatures and I noticed she liked jellyfish and I liked stingrays.. which made me think.. what if Mabinogi had them as pets?
(Of course it wouldn't make sense because they need water to live and all that, but this game abandoned logic long ago lol)

So the Stingray (Flying/Giant Stingray..) would be able to fit as many people as a flying carpet and have a bigger inventory, but it would cost more on the Cash Shop.

The Jellyfish (Glowing/Flying/Giant Jellyfish) would cost less but at the same time only fit one person and have a smaller inventory. However, it would glow at night! We could change the color of it too, was thinking neon pink, neon green and neon blue.

Both can be mounted and can fly
I'm not sure what skills they could have or anything, maybe the Stingray could have Ice Bolt and the Jellyfish could have Lightning Bolt?
For when they summon in/use their special skill.. I could see a stingray using a bubble-esque skill and the Jellyfish using some kind of Electric current. Maybe the Stingray could use it's tail for Windmill and the Jellyfish could use its tentacles.. though that would look pretty funny xD

Tell me what you guys think, maybe offer some more suggestions and ideas! :D

IGN: Mizuli
Server: Nao (Formerly Mari)
KagaYoriden

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Why not throw in flying fish a well?
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,390
    What about an octopus? With all those arms, you could have great AoE. Maybe a skill that's basically the same as Puppet Crisis.
    Sherri
    Irish lore has the Salmon of Knowledge, therefore, I propose having a Salmon pet that has high intel and mana with more advanced magic skills and perhaps strong specialized support skills.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Helsa wrote: »
    What about an octopus? With all those arms, you could have great AoE. Maybe a skill that's basically the same as Puppet Crisis.

Maybe an ink type move that works similar to a low ranked sand burst? :o
    Sherri wrote: »

Maybe an ink type move that works similar to a low ranked sand burst? :o

Also should work like smokescreen, while also slowing down enemy movement
  • HelsaHelsa
    They could also do a kind of puppets snare skill or wire pull or even chain slash stuff. My stars, the things it could do.
  • SherriSherri
    They could also do a kind of puppets snare skill or wire pull or even chain slash stuff. My stars, the things it could do.

A robot octopus with blades as tentacles :O

Hm.. maybe that's a bit too much? Or maybe not, this is Mabinogi after all. Hrmm...
    Oh, I got another one.
    Starfish pet. Or maybe an oyster pet.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Oh, I got another one.

Oooh! Maybe the Oyster pet could work kind of like a mix of the Rock Crab with Bubble Blast and a pet Mimic :O
    Kensamaofmari
    Oh, I got another one.

Oooh! Maybe the Oyster pet could work kind of like a mix of the Rock Crab with Bubble Blast and a pet Mimic :O

That could work out yes.
  • HelsaHelsa

Hm.. maybe that's a bit too much? Or maybe not, this is Mabinogi after all. Hrmm...

I was just thinking a plain ole octopus . . . well I mean a really big one of course. But what the heck if we got sea life flying through the air why not make robotic mechastuff.
    Oh, I got another one.

The Oyster can carry three including giants. XD
    SherriKensamaofmari
  • SherriSherri

I was just thinking a plain ole octopus . . . well I mean a really big one of course. But what the heck if we got sea life flying through the air why not make robotic mechastuff.
    Oh, I got another one.

I dunno.. I just think robots are cool lol
    Kensamaofmari

Oh, I got another one.

In that case, I want an ultraman, but that will never happen.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Yup, and Megaman collab when? Lol
    But yeah anyway there should be more aquatic pets in general :c
    Kensamaofmari
    Yup, and Megaman collab when? Lol
    But yeah anyway there should be more aquatic pets in general :c

Then for freshwater fish, koi (or abb neagh carp) or catfish. Or how about tadpoles that can transform into frogs?
    Turtles and Tortoises also would be nice.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa

Oh, I got another one.

It would just be a repurposed Mimic pet, like the Pelican was of the Thunderbird.

Oh, I got another one.

It would just be a repurposed Mimic pet, like the Pelican was of the Thunderbird.

They could make them like golems, and make golem pets.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Aaaa nooo! Don't let this die, it was fun to think up! ;w;
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    *hits table*

SEAHORSE PET!
    Sherri
    Greta wrote: »