Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A quest that mysteriously appeared and disappeared

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
in General Chat
the other day I was fishing or maybe picking up gems dropped by others
when I noticed a black cat standing next to the bridge near Emain Macha West Moon Gate.
since I haven't seen it there before i talked to it and I saw a notification at the left side of my screen
just like when a quest or a part of a quest is completed.
opened the quest window to see what quest it was and found it under basic tab.
I cant remember the name of the quest but next part says follow the black cat into Emain Macha
I went to Emain Macha to look for the black cat and I found it next to Starlet at Emain Macha Town Square.
a little bit of discussion about the black cat's back story
but it seems like the quest was more of an introduction to pet rebirth points system
the next part was talking to tin at Tir Chonaill
I find the conversation a bit misleading to assume that I'm about to get this black cat as a pet
but then the quest ended with the cat leaving to search for someone to become its master (why can't it be me)
and I received an Item with a name that I cant remember (cause it was kind of long) probably with some gold and exp
but the weird thing is after logging out and logging in the next day the item that I got from the cat became a braid.
I got curious so I checked wiki and didnt see anything about it,
I logged off and entered my alt and it seems like they didn't receive the quest,
I went to the spot where I first met the black cat using my alt and didn't see it,
I asked others about it and there were some who also did it
and same thing happened to the Item they received from the black cat, it became a braid

it was like the quest just stopped existing

so I came over here in the forums get more information about it
who else did this quest? did the Item the black cat gave u became a braid?
was this quest a glitch ? was this quest trashed ?
Is this quest something we were not supposed to get yet?
Is this quest something that we're supposed to get after today's maintenance?
(if so did I just become an accidental beta tester? will I get a title for that? just kidding )
  1. what are ur theories about it?6 votes
    1. this quest wass a glitch ?
       0% (0 votes)
    2. this quest was trashed ?
       0% (0 votes)
    3. this quest something we were not supposed to get yet?
       0% (0 votes)
    4. this quest something that we're about to get after today's maintenance?
       0% (0 votes)
    5. not Interested
       17% (1 vote)
    6. the black cats back story was a bit sad (where is merlin when starlet needs him)
       83% (5 votes)

Comments

• JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    From what I understand, you get the quest when you first summon a pet on a character after the pet rebirth update. I got a braid at the end. Everyone I've asked got a braid. Maybe you remembered wrong?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    That quest is indeed an introduction to the Pet rebirth system.

I remember getting the Braid, but it was always a braid.
    You get that from the cat during the quest, literally right at the end.

But for completing the quest itself, you get a Gold Supplement item which raises the level of your currently summoned pet by 100.
    That didn't disappear on me, though, I used it.
    pawcalypse
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    That quest is indeed an introduction to the Pet rebirth system.

I remember getting the Braid, but it was always a braid.
    You get that from the cat during the quest, literally right at the end.

But for completing the quest itself, you get a Gold Supplement item which raises the level of your currently summoned pet by 100.
    That didn't disappear on me, though, I used it.

This.

btw, the quest is titled "Side by Side".

And the wiki has been shoddily updated since Rydian quit.

That guy did far more than I could possibly imagine.
    Iyasenu
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I saw the cat, it said to go follow it after I spoke to it, I decided to turn back to Emain after I did a dungeon run and never saw it again.