Check out the patch notes for the June 18th content update, My Little Pet: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23192/
Check out a sneak peek at the upcoming July 16th P.E.T. Part 1 update: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/micro-site/pet/part1
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cursed Item Shop Game

SheenaSheena
Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
Posts: 381
Member
edited December 20, 2019 in Town Square
Welcome to the Cursed Item Shop!~
tumblr_p1jn1kAQPr1vg2bdoo1_250.gifv

This game is very simple:

1- Post your Item with all the corresponding Stats, Info & a Picture
2- The person below will give it a Curse
3- Enjoy your brand new Cursed Item
4- Guide The idea is that the person that posts below your item have to give it some kind of Monkey's Paw effect.

Person 1: The Book of Infinite Knowledge: You can learn anything you want in less than 1 minute.

Person 2: Every time you learn something new from The Book of Infinite Knowledge you will forget/lose any other knowledge that you previously had. (Example: You learned how to play the piano, but you can't remember how to play the violin now.)

I will start.

The Coca Cola of Truth
TzWmxfc.png

+50 Nurishment, Infinite uses, Removes exhaustion. In the next 7 seconds after drinking some of The Coca Cola of Truth, everything you say will become true.

Comments

  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,725
    Posts: 3,186
    Member
    Maybe an example of the follow-up step would help.
    Sheena
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,590
    Posts: 7,413
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Maybe an example of the follow-up step would help.

    Didn't you already curse that cola?
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Posts: 381
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Maybe an example of the follow-up step would help.

    Every time you drink from The Coca Cola of Truth, you won't be able to sleep for 24hrs and every sip after that it doubles (24hrs > 48hrs > 96hrs...) The idea is to give it some kind of Monkey's Paw effect.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,725
    Posts: 3,186
    Member
    Sheena wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Maybe an example of the follow-up step would help.

    Every time you drink from The Coca Cola of Truth, you won't be able to sleep for 24hrs and every sip after that it doubles (24hrs > 48hrs > 96hrs...) The idea is to give it some kind of Monkey's Paw effect.

    Years ago I was in an AD&D game where the DM tried to do something similar to this, but rather than using a fetish it was a genie granting wishes. The DM got mad, because we all wished carefully to avoid "Monkey Fist" scenarios, and so they came up with male-ruminant excrement consequences. In my own case they literally said, "Okay, but you didn't tell me not to put you on top of a mountain somewhere, so now you're on top of a mountain somewhere freezing to death."
    KensamaofmariSheenaWolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,590
    Posts: 7,413
    Member
    Sheena wrote: »
    Welcome to the Cursed Item Shop!~
    tumblr_p1jn1kAQPr1vg2bdoo1_250.gifv

    This game is very simple:

    1- Post your Item with all the corresponding Stats, Info & a Picture
    2- The person below will give it a Curse
    3- Enjoy your brand new Cursed Item
    4- Tip The idea is that the person that posts below the item have to give it some kind of Monkey's Paw effect.

    I will start.

    The Coca Cola of Truth
    TzWmxfc.png

    +50 Nurishment, Infinite uses, Removes exhaustion. In the next 7 seconds after drinking some of The Coca Cola of Truth, everything you say will become true.

    Your cola is cursed. Despite everything you say after drinking it is true, no one will believe you.

    Is this how this game works?
    Sheena
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,725
    Posts: 3,186
    Member
    Sheena wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Maybe an example of the follow-up step would help.

    Every time you drink from The Coca Cola of Truth, you won't be able to sleep for 24hrs and every sip after that it doubles (24hrs > 48hrs > 96hrs...) The idea is to give it some kind of Monkey's Paw effect.

    Okay so like this say:

    <Person 1> The Incubus/Succubus Fetish: A small idol, that stands on a plinth, that is possessed by an Incubus/Succubus. From sunset to sunrise, it comes forth for the owner, resembling the one they most desire.

    <Person 2> The full name is: The Insatiable Incubus/Succubus Fetish. While encorporated the owner must "serve" it regardless of whether they need to sleep, are sick, are injured, are old, are at a diner party, visiting grandma, having a CAT scan, scaling El Capitan, giving testimony in court, etc.
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Posts: 381
    Member
    Your cola is cursed. Despite everything you say after drinking it is true, no one will believe you.

    Is this how this game works?

    Yes, You pretty much need to "ruin" other people cool items into annoying/useless items.

    and after you do that you make your own cool item and wait for someone to ruin it.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 538
    Member
    I has come up with one of the absolute coolest items... ever...! Really I has !
    I call it : The «Time-Reversal Device» ...just press your thumb onto the red button and you can reverse back time by up to an hour & keep all of your memories of everything that was about to happen up to the time an hour into the future where you pressed said red shiny button...
    https://player.vimeo.com/video/126720159
    Sheena wrote: »
    Your cola is cursed. Despite everything you say after drinking it is true, no one will believe you.

    Is this how this game works?

    Yes, You pretty much need to "ruin" other people cool items into annoying/useless items.

    and after you do that you make your own cool item and wait for someone to ruin it.
    Sheena
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,590
    Posts: 7,413
    Member
    Habimaru wrote: »
    I has come up with one of the absolute coolest items... ever...! Really I has !
    I call it : The «Time-Reversal Device» ...just press your thumb onto the red button and you can reverse back time by up to an hour & keep all of your memories of everything that was about to happen up to the time an hour into the future where you pressed said red shiny button...
    https://player.vimeo.com/video/126720159
    Sheena wrote: »
    Your cola is cursed. Despite everything you say after drinking it is true, no one will believe you.

    Is this how this game works?

    Yes, You pretty much need to "ruin" other people cool items into annoying/useless items.

    and after you do that you make your own cool item and wait for someone to ruin it.

    The curse on your time reversal device shall be, despite you retaining all your memories of what happened, the decisions and actions of everyone else will be different from what originally happened.
    Sheena
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Posts: 381
    Member
    edited December 26, 2019
    Detective Goose - Summon Ring
    60
    You can summon a Goose familiar for 48hrs. This familiar can talk either by telepathy or by common speech. It has an IQ of 580 and it will answer to any question you ask them.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,725
    Posts: 3,186
    Member
    Sheena wrote: »
    Detective Goose - Summon Ring
    this-character-creator-created-by-fans-for-untitled-goose-game-makes-a-detective-goose.jpg
    You can summon a Goose familiar for 48hrs. This familiar can talk either by telepathy or by common speech. It has an IQ of 580 and it will answer to any question you ask them.

    The Goose is intelligent but ignorant of everything as it is too lazy and apathetic to learn, so it's answers are no better than on-line opinion.

    * * *

    The Sword of Sting: a Short Sword that turns blue when Orcs are near.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,590
    Posts: 7,413
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Sheena wrote: »
    Detective Goose - Summon Ring
    this-character-creator-created-by-fans-for-untitled-goose-game-makes-a-detective-goose.jpg
    You can summon a Goose familiar for 48hrs. This familiar can talk either by telepathy or by common speech. It has an IQ of 580 and it will answer to any question you ask them.

    The Goose is intelligent but ignorant of everything as it is too lazy and apathetic to learn, so it's answers are no better than on-line opinion.

    * * *

    The Sword of Sting: a Short Sword that turns blue when Orcs are near.

    Demonic short sword protoype
    Unfortunately, when this demonic short sword of sting was being developed, it had major issues. The power embedded into it activates only when near Orcs. When near Orcs, it activates and turns blue and injects immense power into the wielder causing them to go berserk attacking friend and foe indiscriminately for 45 seconds and leaves them completely drained afterwards. Against all other opponents, the sword only inflicts base damage.

    ---

    The Magic Cape of a Storm Mage - A silk and linen cape that repels physical and magic attacks up to 10 m and also can take in mana in the air same radius for the user by using the energy of the atmosphere.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,725
    Posts: 3,186
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Sheena wrote: »
    Detective Goose - Summon Ring
    this-character-creator-created-by-fans-for-untitled-goose-game-makes-a-detective-goose.jpg
    You can summon a Goose familiar for 48hrs. This familiar can talk either by telepathy or by common speech. It has an IQ of 580 and it will answer to any question you ask them.

    The Goose is intelligent but ignorant of everything as it is too lazy and apathetic to learn, so it's answers are no better than on-line opinion.

    * * *

    The Sword of Sting: a Short Sword that turns blue when Orcs are near.

    Demonic short sword protoype
    Unfortunately, when this demonic short sword of sting was being developed, it had major issues. The power embedded into it activates only when near Orcs. When near Orcs, it activates and turns blue and injects immense power into the wielder causing them to go berserk attacking friend and foe indiscriminately for 45 seconds and leaves them completely drained afterwards. Against all other opponents, the sword only inflicts base damage.

    ---

    The Magic Cape of a Storm Mage - A silk and linen cape that repels physical and magic attacks up to 10 m and also can take in mana in the air same radius for the user by using the energy of the atmosphere.

    Unfortunately to power the cape all matter within the radius is converted to energy. Nevermind the user being in a hard vacuum, the gamma rays alone are enough to spoil the afternoon.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,590
    Posts: 7,413
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Sheena wrote: »
    Detective Goose - Summon Ring
    this-character-creator-created-by-fans-for-untitled-goose-game-makes-a-detective-goose.jpg
    You can summon a Goose familiar for 48hrs. This familiar can talk either by telepathy or by common speech. It has an IQ of 580 and it will answer to any question you ask them.

    The Goose is intelligent but ignorant of everything as it is too lazy and apathetic to learn, so it's answers are no better than on-line opinion.

    * * *

    The Sword of Sting: a Short Sword that turns blue when Orcs are near.

    Demonic short sword protoype
    Unfortunately, when this demonic short sword of sting was being developed, it had major issues. The power embedded into it activates only when near Orcs. When near Orcs, it activates and turns blue and injects immense power into the wielder causing them to go berserk attacking friend and foe indiscriminately for 45 seconds and leaves them completely drained afterwards. Against all other opponents, the sword only inflicts base damage.

    ---

    The Magic Cape of a Storm Mage - A silk and linen cape that repels physical and magic attacks up to 10 m and also can take in mana in the air same radius for the user by using the energy of the atmosphere.

    Unfortunately to power the cape all matter within the radius is converted to energy. Nevermind the user being in a hard vacuum, the gamma rays alone are enough to spoil the afternoon.

    Oof
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 538
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Sheena wrote: »
    Detective Goose - Summon Ring
    this-character-creator-created-by-fans-for-untitled-goose-game-makes-a-detective-goose.jpg
    You can summon a Goose familiar for 48hrs. This familiar can talk either by telepathy or by common speech. It has an IQ of 580 and it will answer to any question you ask them.

    The Goose is intelligent but ignorant of everything as it is too lazy and apathetic to learn, so it's answers are no better than on-line opinion.

    * * *

    The Sword of Sting: a Short Sword that turns blue when Orcs are near.

    Demonic short sword protoype
    Unfortunately, when this demonic short sword of sting was being developed, it had major issues. The power embedded into it activates only when near Orcs. When near Orcs, it activates and turns blue and injects immense power into the wielder causing them to go berserk attacking friend and foe indiscriminately for 45 seconds and leaves them completely drained afterwards. Against all other opponents, the sword only inflicts base damage.

    ---
    The Magic Cape of a Storm Mage - A silk and linen cape that repels physical and magic attacks up to 10 m and also can take in mana in the air same radius for the user by using the energy of the atmosphere.
    Curse : All of the mana is used in order to convert any physical and magic attack that comes within 10 m into neuro-toxic poison.

    New Item : Gas-Mask of the Ancients - Effect : Protects from all forms of poison as long as it is worn and even has the extra benefit of converting any poison absorbed by the mask into cleansing mana that can even break all of the previous curses of all previous items any time a spell is being charged.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,725
    Posts: 3,186
    Member
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Sheena wrote: »
    Detective Goose - Summon Ring
    this-character-creator-created-by-fans-for-untitled-goose-game-makes-a-detective-goose.jpg
    You can summon a Goose familiar for 48hrs. This familiar can talk either by telepathy or by common speech. It has an IQ of 580 and it will answer to any question you ask them.

    The Goose is intelligent but ignorant of everything as it is too lazy and apathetic to learn, so it's answers are no better than on-line opinion.

    * * *

    The Sword of Sting: a Short Sword that turns blue when Orcs are near.

    Demonic short sword protoype
    Unfortunately, when this demonic short sword of sting was being developed, it had major issues. The power embedded into it activates only when near Orcs. When near Orcs, it activates and turns blue and injects immense power into the wielder causing them to go berserk attacking friend and foe indiscriminately for 45 seconds and leaves them completely drained afterwards. Against all other opponents, the sword only inflicts base damage.

    ---
    The Magic Cape of a Storm Mage - A silk and linen cape that repels physical and magic attacks up to 10 m and also can take in mana in the air same radius for the user by using the energy of the atmosphere.
    Curse : All of the mana is used in order to convert any physical and magic attack that comes within 10 m into neuro-toxic poison.

    New Item : Gas-Mask of the Ancients - Effect : Protects from all forms of poison as long as it is worn and even has the extra benefit of converting any poison absorbed by the mask into cleansing mana that can even break all of the previous curses of all previous items any time a spell is being charged.

    This comes at the cost of the material from the mask. This is not a curse per se, just a natural consequence of how the mechanism works, but the end result is you get one use only then the mask is gone forever; use it wisely.

    * * *

    The Katana of Fakename (pronounced Fah Kay Nah May): embues the hold with supreme confidence that they can defeat any situation because it makes them believe that Katanas are so awesome you could even charge a machine-gun nest, over an open field, successfully, so the user need not roll versus panic.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,590
    Posts: 7,413
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Sheena wrote: »
    Detective Goose - Summon Ring
    this-character-creator-created-by-fans-for-untitled-goose-game-makes-a-detective-goose.jpg
    You can summon a Goose familiar for 48hrs. This familiar can talk either by telepathy or by common speech. It has an IQ of 580 and it will answer to any question you ask them.

    The Goose is intelligent but ignorant of everything as it is too lazy and apathetic to learn, so it's answers are no better than on-line opinion.

    * * *

    The Sword of Sting: a Short Sword that turns blue when Orcs are near.

    Demonic short sword protoype
    Unfortunately, when this demonic short sword of sting was being developed, it had major issues. The power embedded into it activates only when near Orcs. When near Orcs, it activates and turns blue and injects immense power into the wielder causing them to go berserk attacking friend and foe indiscriminately for 45 seconds and leaves them completely drained afterwards. Against all other opponents, the sword only inflicts base damage.

    ---
    The Magic Cape of a Storm Mage - A silk and linen cape that repels physical and magic attacks up to 10 m and also can take in mana in the air same radius for the user by using the energy of the atmosphere.
    Curse : All of the mana is used in order to convert any physical and magic attack that comes within 10 m into neuro-toxic poison.

    New Item : Gas-Mask of the Ancients - Effect : Protects from all forms of poison as long as it is worn and even has the extra benefit of converting any poison absorbed by the mask into cleansing mana that can even break all of the previous curses of all previous items any time a spell is being charged.

    This comes at the cost of the material from the mask. This is not a curse per se, just a natural consequence of how the mechanism works, but the end result is you get one use only then the mask is gone forever; use it wisely.

    * * *

    The Katana of Fakename (pronounced Fah Kay Nah May): embues the hold with supreme confidence that they can defeat any situation because it makes them believe that Katanas are so awesome you could even charge a machine-gun nest, over an open field, successfully, so the user need not roll versus panic.

    Does the mask do this?
    wb-164754-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1483993558739._SX1080_.jpg
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Posts: 381
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    The Katana of Fakename (pronounced Fah Kay Nah May): embues the hold with supreme confidence that they can defeat any situation because it makes them believe that Katanas are so awesome you could even charge a machine-gun nest, over an open field, successfully, so the user need not roll versus panic.

    The wielder of The Katana of Fakename automaticly falls into a drunken status like if they just had 70 bottles of Sake in one go, making the wielder to believe they are having an epic fight when in reality they just look like a drunk person swinging a katana randomly.
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,590
    Posts: 7,413
    Member
    Sheena wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    The Katana of Fakename (pronounced Fah Kay Nah May): embues the hold with supreme confidence that they can defeat any situation because it makes them believe that Katanas are so awesome you could even charge a machine-gun nest, over an open field, successfully, so the user need not roll versus panic.

    The wielder of The Katana of Fakename automaticly falls into a drunken status like if they just had 70 bottles of Sake in one go, making the wielder to believe they are having an epic fight when in reality they just look like a drunk person swinging a katana randomly.

    SheenaHabimaru