Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

doll bag picking up fomor scrolls

TuoniTuoni
Mabinogi Rep: 820
in Feedback and Suggestions
running through my weekly dungeons from my vip passes, and my daily vet dungeons i see all these fomor scrolls drop, that i'm to simply lazy to pick up any more. when I first started playing back in 2004?, 5? i'd pick them up because that was a solid money source. now as i run through dungeons i'm thinking "how much money am i leaving behind because i'm to lazy?" or i'm sacrificing money for clear time.

I propose a simple idea to bring back a slightly under used part of the game. doll bags pick up fomor scrolls too. That's it. simple quality of life thing, new player sand old alike will enjoy, hopefully. I know when ever i see a new player i suggest picking up the fomor scrolls to them, especially since the gold rewards were increased.

let me know your thoughts :P

-Farwa of Nao,(soon to be Erinn)
Sherri

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Tuoni wrote: »
    running through my weekly dungeons from my vip passes, and my daily vet dungeons i see all these fomor scrolls drop, that i'm to simply lazy to pick up any more. when I first started playing back in 2004?, 5? i'd pick them up because that was a solid money source. now as i run through dungeons i'm thinking "how much money am i leaving behind because i'm to lazy?" or i'm sacrificing money for clear time.

I propose a simple idea to bring back a slightly under used part of the game. doll bags pick up fomor scrolls too. That's it. simple quality of life thing, new player sand old alike will enjoy, hopefully. I know when ever i see a new player i suggest picking up the fomor scrolls to them, especially since the gold rewards were increased.

let me know your thoughts :P

-Farwa of Nao,(soon to be Erinn)

In the case of Barri normal you are leaving a minimum of 24k gold behind. You will always collect a minimum of 10 Imp scrolls and their quest is for 24k gold. I have a pet dedicated to holding Fomor Scrolls once I have more than ten I cash them in and leave the rest as a placeholder (even if its ten). There are pets that pick up items as well. Various dogs and monkeys are the ones im aware of.

• TuoniTuoni
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    yea, they do, but when you're spamming rundal adv hm, or like areas typically you're on your mount with divine link active right?
  • HelsaHelsa
    yea, they do, but when you're spamming rundal adv hm, or like areas typically you're on your mount with divine link active right?

Nah. I haven't even looked into pet trainer yet. =8O

When there are a ton of monsters, where you would otherwise not have the time to pick things up because you're fighting for your life, I try to split up the waves using Lullaby or Rain Cloud. I do have some event doll bags, but I haven't used them yet; do they get attacked?
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Helsa wrote: »

When there are a ton of monsters, where you would otherwise not have the time to pick things up because you're fighting for your life, I try to split up the waves using Lullaby or Rain Cloud. I do have some event doll bags, but I haven't used them yet; do they get attacked?

Doll bags don't get attacked and divine link isn't from pet trainer it's a crusader skill that buffs you and a pet.

Personally I think scrolls should just be removed. There is a reason they only drop from old content. They were more or less abandoned and are now just a left over from the early days.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    ThePravin wrote: »
    Personally I think scrolls should just be removed. There is a reason they only drop from old content. They were more or less abandoned and are now just a left over from the early days.

Back in the day it was the main means for beginners to accumulate funds(or additional funds) atop of going though regions and dungeons. They were revamped via when Tir and the dungeons were done so they gave more funds than back in the day. The reason why they added a board tells me that they were not able to change that coding, but reverted quest scrolls from NPC to an instant turn in at the post. I think they could go one more step and make the process much like the AP Coupons. They should take it another step and add it to the personal profile of the dungeon guide for one to turn in when they feel like it.
  • ThePravinThePravin
    asnscorpio wrote: »

Back in the day it was the main means for beginners to accumulate funds(or additional funds) atop of going though regions and dungeons. They were revamped via when Tir and the dungeons were done so they gave more funds than back in the day. The reason why they added a board tells me that they were not able to change that coding, but reverted quest scrolls from NPC to an instant turn in at the post. I think they could go one more step and make the process much like the AP Coupons. They should take it another step and add it to the personal profile of the dungeon guide for one to turn in when they feel like it.

Or... just remove them.

You said it yourself they used to be an income source. Now even after the buffs they simply aren't. The leather dropped by mobs almost always dwarfs the value of scrolls. Very few are even worth the 1x1 inventory they take up.
  • HelsaHelsa

Doll bags don't get attacked and divine link isn't from pet trainer it's a crusader skill that buffs you and a pet.

Thanks for the info, so they don't get attacked, maybe I'll start using them.

Doh, Crusader skill; my bad. You know, I knew that but had forgotten; thanks for the correction.

I think they should keep the scrolls; they're a good source of income for beginners to some point in mid-game. Yes, there might be other and better means available to weaker characters, but a game, for some gamers, isn't always about the pursuit of absolute maximum efficiency for success. Different folks are amused by different things; not everyone is a power gamer.

• ThePravinThePravin

Thanks for the info, so they don't get attacked, maybe I'll start using them.

Doh, Crusader skill; my bad. You know, I knew that but had forgotten; thanks for the correction.

I think they should keep the scrolls; they're a good source of income for beginners to some point in mid-game. Yes, there might be other and better means available to weaker characters, but a game, for some gamers, isn't always about the pursuit of absolute maximum efficiency for success. Different folks are amused by different things; not everyone is a power gamer.

It's not about power gaming, the scrolls are just so old and haven't been touched as the game changed. The vast majority aren't worth the 1x1 inventory space.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    I mentioned the formor scrolls as a main means of income, then revamped to become an added form of income. I never said they were obsolete. I also stated that due to them not being able to do a full revamp of the dungeon means that undoing the old coding could only go so far and they had to keep it that way without investing more money and resources. At some point it becomes too much of a high investment with low output efficiency.

Formor Scrolls are not necessarily pointless as they do bring a good income. I see too many people doing SM's on the lower lvl tier and they always complain about the cost vs durability repair on equipment. Dungeons are highly efficient per run on a per basis regardless due to formor scrolls. They are not obsolete at all and do add an extra 30k+ income per run. It's a shame they revamped some of the dungeons the way they did because, for example: Ciar Basic would always have PQ's and Rat Men Formor scrolls/Snake Scrolls galore. Doing the run with 2 ppl + formor scrolls usually netted about 100k per run. I'm not sure what the ratio is now, but it's still efficient to run dungeons.

Mimic scrolls are 12k a stack, while metal skeletons are 23,850 gold a stack. It is definitely worth it so beginner/intermediate. As an advanced player with gaining higher income off materials and spamming, this could still bring a good income should one want to invest in it.

I do agree with the OP that something should be done to pick up all formor scrolls and having select doll bags would be fine. Having the added inventory does create a challenge. Would love to hear other recommendations and creative solutions.
  • ThePravinThePravin
    You didn't say obsolete I did.

And after the reduction to repair costs that's not really an issue.

If you're worried about getting gold early on scrolls aren't going to get you anywhere.

Unknown ore can get you several mil in only a couple of hours. Broken logs even more though you have to deal with rng.

Pretty quickly you can get enough herbs on a hs to being making bank with mp/hp pots.

If you're not worried about gold and just trying to play the game it's just an extra chore to pick up and turn in the scrolls.

It would be better to just alter the loot table and replace the scrolls with a chance to drop additional gold.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    i'm all for it, i love collecting fomor scrolls for some quick gold
  • VeebatVeebat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,495
    Doll Bags picking up fomor scrolls is a wonderful idea!
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Xajygvj.png

Was doing G23 even Nexon acknowledges no one bothers with them any more
    VeebatSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Xajygvj.png

Was doing G23 even Nexon acknowledges no one bothers with them any more

me who still collects them: o h
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    I'm willing to throw my vote at this. I'd be down for this and/or a revamp of the system. Breathe new life into it so it's viable again or replace it with something equivalent that doesn't take up inventory space. Either way!
    Sherri