Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[Manage] the Rest skill

LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
in Feedback and Suggestions
An idea has bounced around my head the last couple of times we had an event where players are asked to rest for 10 minutes and are rewarded with a buff if they do. Usually, I like to whip out a "chair" and sit instead of just using the rest skill. And I know I'm not alone here. Players are frequently using the latest chair. The problem is, I can't simply use rest. I have to open up my inventory, click on the chair, and then select "use" in order to rest with the chair of my choice. And if I want to mix things up by using a different chair, I have to find whichever pet where I stored that chair. This is a bit cumbersome. Not a major pain, but it is a mild annoyance.

So what I've been thinking is that we have options for the rest skill:

Part I
Like some skill have the "manage" option within the skill menu, what if the rest had a manage option? When "manage" is selected, a window opens up where a chair can be equipped. The player can then select the preferred option when the rest skill is used. (1) Default Animation (2) Use Equipped Chair. With option 1, the skill will operate the way it has all these years. With option 2, the skill will automatically use the quipped chair (so long as durability remains, otherwise it will default back to normal). Chairs with multiple slots will open up the usual option menu. From the manage window, players can easily move the chair back to their inventory for repair, for trading to another player, or for whatever other reason they simply wish to remove from the equip window.

Part II
Much like the dressing room, the manage window would have a secondary option, to store/retrieve chairs. Players could "collect" a chair from the equip window (or their inventory), allowing them to put it away and use it at a later time, or to share it between characters on the same account. Like the dressing room, this would also alleviate storage space in the inventories where we've stored our various chairs.

So that's my idea. Make the rest skill a little more flexible by allowing the players use a chair by default, and to store/retrieve chairs they own.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,410
    Choose-able poses for rest? Why not! Go with throttle up.
    Veebat
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Helsa wrote: »

One of the worst "bugs" they ever fixed. Right up there with the permanent emot "bug"
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,410
    ThePravin wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

One of the worst "bugs" they ever fixed. Right up there with the permanent emot "bug"

Well since they fixed it, fantastic.
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    I'll put forward my vote for this. I love more customization~