Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why no antidote herbs?

ThePravinThePravin
Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
edited April 28, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
With the new update mandrake, poison, and even the rarely used white herbs will be added to the HS. I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to why antidote were left out? They still aren't used much but are definitely more useful than the white herbs and I would argue easier to get than mandrake.
Kagenokami

Comments

• KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    I too would love to see antidote herbs added to the list of homestead herbs. Let's get our herb game on!

I would also like to see engineering and magic craft items brought back permanently for the homestead.
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Also why no consistency in the icons? Not sure why the new ones needed a different one but would it have been so hard to update the others to match?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    That is weird. They put in poison herbs, making snake pets redundant. I still have the old-style Ego weapon, are the new-style repaired using white herbs or some new mechanic? If so that would explain why they put it in now. Still, collecting white herbs is a daily quest for an adventure seal. That save having to go to Physis and bashing, what was it? Spiders? I forget. Antidote herbs seem like such a trivial thing to not add. I bet it was just an oversight. Maybe they will be added soon.
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    Helsa wrote: »
    That is weird. They put in poison herbs, making snake pets redundant. I still have the old-style Ego weapon, are the new-style repaired using white herbs or some new mechanic? If so that would explain why they put it in now. Still, collecting white herbs is a daily quest for an adventure seal. That save having to go to Physis and bashing, what was it? Spiders? I forget. Antidote herbs seem like such a trivial thing to not add. I bet it was just an oversight. Maybe they will be added soon.

Well, poison herbs do have a few other uses than poison potion. You can make purple paint, mysterious herb powder (key ingredient for Magic Craft), or you can use the patches simply for training the higher ranks of Herbalism.

And I believe it was some sort of hornet or similar insect in Physis that had the white herbs. Fairly easy to get if we needed them. I had collected around 1k of them (largely with partner's help). Still trying to decide if I want/need a white herb patch.

But I must admit, I'm perplexed that they didn't add the antidote herb patches to homesteads.

• HelsaHelsa
    edited May 2, 2022
    LoomyOfPi wrote: »

Well, poison herbs do have a few other uses than poison potion. You can make purple paint, mysterious herb powder (key ingredient for Magic Craft), or you can use the patches simply for training the higher ranks of Herbalism.

Oh, I'm not complaining. It's just that now I use my snake pet to hold poison potions. As a giant it's kinda fun to use a poisoned Atlatl, and pretend that I have Mirage Missile. :)
    LoomyOfPi wrote: »
    And I believe it was some sort of hornet or similar insect in Physis that had the white herbs. Fairly easy to get if we needed them. I had collected around 1k of them (largely with partner's help). Still trying to decide if I want/need a white herb patch.

Hornets: that sounds familiar. I'll be making patches eventually. Sure, I can just go punch the hornets but, as a guild leader, I let my alts join my guild so then I gain access to their homesteads and have A LOT of homestead space available to me. I've got the space to spare, I'll put in patches because it's probably faster and, eventually, cheaper to do so.

• LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi

Oh, I'm not complaining. It's just that now I use my snake pet to hold poison potions. As a giant it's kinda fun to use a poisoned Atlatl, and pretend that I have Mirage Missile. :)

Been there with the snake holding poisons. I know the joy poisoned weapons bring.

While snakes don't make the best Fynni pets, turning a snake into one does make your snake stronger. If you still haven't looked into the Fynni think, you should. It's nice to summon one whenever I'm on a weak alt and have it solo an ancient lion.

But enough about that. This thread is for antidote herbs.

• ThePravinThePravin

Yeah the new ego repair just like normal weapons now. So you don't need them for that. You do still need them for liquor to create/transfer the spirit.

You can also get white herbs from dungeons (think it's peaca) I find that easier than hunting hornets.
  • HelsaHelsa
    ThePravin wrote: »

Yeah the new ego repair just like normal weapons now. So you don't need them for that. You do still need them for liquor to create/transfer the spirit.

Well, that's important. Mind you that's a brief and very specific situation. I guess we should add white paint; you can't mix white paint in the kettle.
    You can also get white herbs from dungeons (think it's peaca) I find that easier than hunting hornets.

Oh, that's right I forgot about that; it IS Peaca. Peaca easier than Hornets? Man you're way better at fighting than me. I'm reminded of yet another way to get White Herbs, it's what I had to do before they added the Hornets into the game and when I wasn't strong enough to solo Peaca yet; you give 'shrooms to the deer on the map between Tara and Tailteann.

• LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi

I used to run Peaca for white herbs. It's where I got most of the ones I have now. Back then, I didn't know about the hornets. Sometimes I'd get two, three, even four herb rooms with white herbs. But sometimes I wouldn't get any white herb patches. And even when I did find herb rooms, they were at the end of the first floor, meaning I'd have to fight a lot of mobs to get there. That's no problem since the mobs only deal 1 damage to me there, it's just a matter of time to get from point A to point B. So for me, hornets are easier. But now... homestead patches would be the easiest.