Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Combo Cards

DemoncatDemoncat
Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
edited August 2, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
will they plan to do something about the combo cards? even with advancement play the fact you can only put dan 3 skills on the combo cards is very limiting and the fact the bogus formula to make a combo card to have higher damage boost is practically pure garbage not the mention the hundreds of advancement badges you need =.=. Why dont they just make it more simple and bring back the bloody SAO combo card creator event? that event made it so much bloody easier to make combo cards that you want x,x

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Demoncat wrote: »
    will they plan to do something about the combo cards? even with advancement play the fact you can only put dan 3 skills on the combo cards is very limiting and the fact the bogus formula to make a combo card to have higher damage boost is practically pure garbage not the mention the hundreds of advancement badges you need =.=. Why dont they just make it more simple and bring back the bloody SAO combo card creator event? that event made it so much bloody easier to make combo cards that you want x,x

It can't strictly be the SAO event since that involves non-Nexon intellectual property, unless both entities do another joint venture event. But the SAO part isn't what's important, it's the "make your own card" aspect. That they should just make permanent and have it cost a shitake-load of gold to do.
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    edited August 2, 2022
    Helsa wrote: »

It can't strictly be the SAO event since that involves non-Nexon intellectual property, unless both entities do another joint venture event. But the SAO part isn't what's important, it's the "make your own card" aspect. That they should just make permanent and have it cost a shitake-load of gold to do.

Fair enough XD but yes i honestly wouldnt mind if i do have to pay alot of gold beats how garbage the combo cards are right now>.<

im just rather frustrated with it is all
  • HelsaHelsa

Fair enough XD but yes i honestly wouldnt mind if i do have to pay alot of gold beats how garbage the combo cards are right now>.<

I heard tell of someone getting a combo card that had an elf-only skill followed by a giant-only skill (see Exodus 23:19, Sentence 2).
  • DemoncatDemoncat

I heard tell of someone getting a combo card that had an elf-only skill followed by a giant-only skill (see Exodus 23:19, Sentence 2).

nonetheless what do you think? i wouldnt have an issue if i would need to pay gold or have something like Melwyn for stardust
  • HelsaHelsa

nonetheless what do you think? i wouldnt have an issue if i would need to pay gold or have something like Melwyn for stardust

The way I see it, having a service, even if very expensive, to have the combo cards of your dreams would make players happier. I can recall seeing YouTube vids of folks getting hundreds of thousands of points of damage in a single attack because of one. I can't remember what the skill was, whether it was Lance Charge, Water Cannon, or something else.

To be sure there must be, literally, trillions in gold squirrelled away on Erinn. So the patrician class will just go, "Oh nice, I'll take a dozen" but so what? Live and let live, the rest of us peons get a crack at it too.

OH WAIT! They could add "programmable" combo cards to the Web shop! Then they make money.
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    edited August 2, 2022

The way I see it, having a service, even if very expensive, to have the combo cards of your dreams would make players happier. I can recall seeing YouTube vids of folks getting hundreds of thousands of points of damage in a single attack because of one. I can't remember what the skill was, whether it was Lance Charge, Water Cannon, or something else.

To be sure there must be, literally, trillions in gold squirrelled away on Erinn. So the patrician class will just go, "Oh nice, I'll take a dozen" but so what? Live and let live, the rest of us peons get a crack at it too.

OH WAIT! They could add "programmable" combo cards to the Web shop! Then they make money.

that feels more like sarcasm and if true why are you even here if you are not even remotely trying to help with the topic.....
  • HelsaHelsa

that feels more like sarcasm and if true why are you even here if you are not even remotely trying to help with the topic.....

Huh? Where'd that come from?
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Ah you where being serious then cause honestly when you said "OH WAIT! They could add "programmable" combo cards to the Web shop! Then they make money." that sounded abit silly. but eitherway id really like it if they brought back the card creator event. Black Moon wasnt that great honestly

I could do either gold or NX honestly
  • HelsaHelsa
    The idea is to sell the concept to Nexon. Selling it to forum readers is only useful so that collectively they might sell it to Nexon. I figured skip a step since Nexon would be more interested in revenue than a gold sink for the game. The caps were because I literally just thought of it as I was about to click "Post Comment".
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    edited August 3, 2022
    The idea is to sell the concept to Nexon. Selling it to forum readers is only useful so that collectively they might sell it to Nexon. I figured skip a step since Nexon would be more interested in revenue than a gold sink for the game. The caps were because I literally just thought of it as I was about to click "Post Comment".

how would selling it work? as for cash rather then gold thats fine with me too if it allows me to create my combo cards
  • HelsaHelsa

how would selling it work? as for cash rather then gold thats fine with me too if it allows me to create my combo cards

When I say "*selling* the concept to Nexon", I don't mean engaging in a kind of market transaction. I'm using a term from performance entertainment, be it theatre, movies, or professional wrestling for that matter, that basically means to convince. Making "programmable" or "writeable" combo cards something that players could purchase, I think, would be well received by the player community. The cards could be purchased with in-game gold, which would create a gold sink, or could be purchased with NX, which would be an additional revenue stream for Nexon. Nexon being a company, I figured, combo card for NX might appeal to them more. Plus additional revenue for Nexon means the game lasts longer.
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    edited August 3, 2022
    Fair enough but how would they notice it? id prefer using NX rather then gold due to me wanting to keep my gold XD
  • HelsaHelsa
    Fair enough but how would they notice it? id prefer using NX rather then gold due to me wanting to keep my gold XD

Supposedly that's what these forums are for. So, I guess we wait for the powers that be to cast their gaze upon us.