Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Spirit Weapon EP

FrozareFrozare
Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
edited October 24, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
I'm really mad about this. I have been playing mabi on and off for years and I really got back into it recently. One of my favorite things was lvling my ego who is 92. Well I screwed up because it's been years since I got the tutorial and lvled it at bond 90 at lvl 90 or 91. I completely forgot about the bond 100 bonus points. This is seriously making me feel like quitting mabinogi since my ego was a big deal with me and unlike weapons and stuff with reforges/enchants/etc it seemed like a constant upgrade you couldn't mess up, and I've focused a lot of him with fishing events and stuff. This is a terrible mechanic that shouldn't exist in the first place. Now I only lost 3 points it seems but the fact this exists, and I have to start over to get a perfect ego really makes me angry.

A solution can be an item that lets you recover bonus points you missed on. It could cost let's say 1 million gold per bonus point you missed out or something like that. I don't care as long as there's a way to recover these points.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Frozare wrote: »
    I'm really mad about this. I have been playing mabi on and off for years and I really got back into it recently. One of my favorite things was lvling my ego who is 92. Well I screwed up because it's been years since I got the tutorial and lvled it at bond 90 at lvl 90 or 91. I completely forgot about the bond 100 bonus points. This is seriously making me feel like quitting mabinogi since my ego was a big deal with me and unlike weapons and stuff with reforges/enchants/etc it seemed like a constant upgrade you couldn't mess up, and I've focused a lot of him with fishing events and stuff. This is a terrible mechanic that shouldn't exist in the first place. Now I only lost 3 points it seems but the fact this exists, and I have to start over to get a perfect ego really makes me angry.

A solution can be an item that lets you recover bonus points you missed on. It could cost let's say 1 million gold per bonus point you missed out or something like that. I don't care as long as there's a way to recover these points.

Well that sux. I wasn't even aware of this potential trap. I know it won't help you but yours is a cautionary tale that may help others.
  • FrozareFrozare
    edited October 24, 2022
    Helsa wrote: »
    Frozare wrote: »

Well that sux. I wasn't even aware of this potential trap. I know it won't help you but yours is a cautionary tale that may help others.

I'm hoping that one of the quality of life updates will fix it so I'll keep on to it and I still will have enough points to unlock the good skills. But it shouldn't punish you for making a small mistake or at least have a warning like "You are about to lvl your spirit weapon without max bond, etc"
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    What's this about? I admit that I've not updated to the new spirit system, I still have a classic spirit, but I've not heard anything about this. Would you be willing to elaborate a bit?
  • FrozareFrozare
    This is from the wiki but:
    "Make sure that the ego's bond is at 100% at levels 54, 59, 64, 69, 74, 79, 84, 89, and every level beyond 89.
    If you miss the bonus EP for any level, you will not be able to get them otherwise.
    This will permanently affect this ego and destroying the spirit will be the only solution!"
    Also from same page "A converted classic spirit weapon will receive the maximum number of Ego Points as would have been obtained if it had been leveled through the current system with maximum bond at each level. " so you don't have to worry if you convert from a classic one which I did.