Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

uncap the players stats

cysero01cysero01
Mabinogi Rep: 400
edited March 30, 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions
this is mabinogi a game based on endless leveling up talents and skills to their peak and then some. but how can a average free to play player whos been here for 9 years and yet my one goal was to have 1k defense to be the ultimate tank. but these new mobs and hell even the old ones like succubus's dungs why a pro player getting bullied by these little mini gunners when he has a full set of absorption armor on. its unfair because i thought ele knight would have fixed a warriors time to kill in the game but it doesnt in the harder and it make the game unfun. we HAVE A ENDLESS LVL POTENTIAL its bad enough the mobs dont get nerf but yall aint benefiting the players enough to handle em either. i like to play mabi solo it just how i roll if u remove the stat cap on the stats the hoards of lvls we've been gaining all those stats collectively could be helpful for end game content. just think on cuz its disheartening when u put all this effort in and u cant even run content solo for fun on ya own. ill attack yall for ya rng system later cuz cmon that system is so far rigged why should i have to burn my hard earned gold all becuz music dung doesnt wanna give me a stardust on my 80th run but my boi got it on his 1ST run. that hurts a gamer pride and honesttly yall making retirement from the game seem funnier. Consider it and think it out cuz yall know im right i sit at 790 defense and a fireball can still slap me for 1k dmg like cmon and without a CRIT .
  1. should we continue to have cap stats for the outrageous tanky enemies1 vote
    1. yes i wanna feel weak
       0% (0 votes)
    2. no let us go all out
       100% (1 vote)

Comments

• ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,220
    cysero01 wrote: »
    even the old ones like succubus's dungs
    all becuz music dung doesnt wanna...

C'mon man... don't shorten dungeon to "dung" lol.
    cuz yall know im right i sit at 790 defense and a fireball...

Magic is reduced by magic defense and magic protection not defense/protection. Before magic def/prot were a thing, magic was reduced by elementals. If you're scared of fireball, enchant half your gear (weapons, armor, and accessories) with fire elements. You'll take 50% less from fireball (11.1% less per elemental) but more from ice/lightning. You could also load defense with a shield. If you're a giant using a giant shield, you reduce magic to 1 damage while defense is loaded. Medium shields only reduce it by 70%. Mana shield is also better at tanking magic. If you see magic coming, turn on mana shield real quick, eat the attack, and turn it off and drink a mana potion.

I think it'd be nice if stats were uncapped but we might be getting more int or str or some stat from skills. If stats were uncapped what if the most STR you could get was like 2300 but you could get 3000 INT? We already barely get Will from skills. And then you know they would just start making newer, tankier monsters if they uncapped the stats. It would be terrible fighting some random trash enemy with 1mil HP. Veteran dungeons all over again.

Right now they're slowly uncapping stats with Arcana. It takes about 3800 levels to max out 1 for +200 stat cap limit. If you finished Elemental Knight, you might as well switch over to Harmonic Saint for another 200+ stats.
    Niought