Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Get rid of auction/player shop fee.

NioughtNiought
Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
in Feedback and Suggestions
The fact that when you sell an item you don't get 100% of the gold is just annoying. Not the most annoying thing ever, just a minor inconvenience, but lets be real here--where's it even going? Maybe before it served some purpose (I wouldn't know, only been playing for about five years, more or less) but now its just a useless feature that doesn't do the seller or buyer any good.

It'd be nice if we could see about just losing this feature altogether.
JevarJolinar

Comments

• JevarJevar
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    Yes bestie. I forgot you made this post! Shop fees should go unless the owner of the player shops get the extra gold.
    NioughtJolinar
  • YukitoYukito
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    edited September 15, 2023
    It's supposed to prevent mass re-sale of items that can easily be resalable. For example, if someone were to purchase all of one type of Briogh Crystal in the Auction House for 5,000 gold, then a 10% auction house fee prevents them from gaining any profit if they try to sell those for 5,500 gold. Instead they must try to sell them for 6,000 gold or more for a diminished profit of a bit less than 500 gold. and at a higher value it's more risky, people might be less willing to buy those crystals for 6,000 so they'll just wait until some other players put them back up for 5,000.

Sure this hasn't stopped people from doing exactly that, there are still people enacting this exact scheme, but they're doing it at a risk and might be burned and forced to stop. This function is important for virtual economies. Also the fees remove gold from the economy, which slows down inflation. Without auction house fees everything would be a lot more expensive.
    Twelie
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,850
    Yukito wrote: »
    snip
    Exactly what Yukito said, fees are an essential part of the market. It might be annoying to feel like you're losing profits, but it's necessary. If you're selling very expensive items, you can use discount coupons to mitigate the loss somewhat, but it's an important gold sink that absolutely should not be removed.
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    Ah, I hadn't considered that, but its a fair point. I feel at least for player shops though, that systems not really needed? Also feel like discount coupons are more pricey than its worth, so I'll just have to deal with not getting complete payment, I suppose.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,850
    Niought wrote: »
    I feel at least for player shops though, that systems not really needed
    It's necessary for the same reason the AH fee is necessary. If the fee can be skirted, once again market manipulation will go wild. They would have to raise the price of a license to mitigate it, which would mean a more risky upfront cost as opposed to a gradual one.