Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Samhain 2023 "A Somber Greeting"

AkikasaAkikasa
Mabinogi Rep: 810
in Feedback and Suggestions
My ping is about 200 ms. It's breaking your quest with clock dial for me. Proning skill loads in about 2-3 seconds. Clocks hands displaced because of ping. Memory spheres throwing character back instead of being collected.

When you start think about players that doesn't connected directly to server by patchcord?

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Yeah, that quest is harder than it needs to be. I get the challenge aspect, but at least don't deduct time for getting hit, there's barely enough as it is to get it done. =(
  • AkikasaAkikasa
    Even without deduct i still wouldn't be able to do it because of lag. It's not a challenge it's broken.
  • AkikasaAkikasa
    Actually it feels as if spheres should add time but someone forgot to implement it.
    Mabinogi Rep: 565
    I might recommend avoiding use of prone entirely, at least in your case.

Try and stay moving for the orbs, avoiding the hands where possible, and just moving on quickly when they do bonk you.

Hands will still be displaced, but at least you know roughly how far bonking range is, which should be easier to deal with alone rather than going prone on top of the desync.

As long as you follow a remotely optimal path, you should have loads of time to spare.
  • MarsBarsFromTheStarsMarsBarsFromTheStars
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    edited October 17, 2023
    Thank you! Between the lag, the spacing between the orbs and humans being super slow, it's a huge pain. It doesn't help that the "prone" function doesn't even work half the time, the game sometimes won't let you pick up orbs and, maybe this is just my hang up, but you can't skip the cutscenes/dialogue, so you have to go through it every time you re-enter. It's tedious. I went in there with a speed potion and still had a hard time.
  • AkikasaAkikasa
    Actually it's amazing how well your way to do this quest works.