Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gloomy Sunday Question

gergergerger
Mabinogi Rep: 910
in General Chat
I am upgrading my gloomy sunday, following the wiki and all but...
I noticed it says there's a +2 music buff for gem ug on it?
However, I see people with a gem upgrade +8? Where do I even find that... Thanks!

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    The 'Music buff effect +8' that's listed at the end of the upgrades isn't from the gem upgrade (not entirely). It's from the total of the music buff effect upgrades that are Common Instrument Upgrades, specificly the 'Apply Finish' upgrade (+6), as well as the gem upgrade (+2) for a total of +8. The 'Music buff effect +8' and 'Music Buff Duration +10 sec' Listed at the bottom of the Item Attributes (if it is in fact there) is from 'Break Gloomy Sunday Seal' upgrade (a Gloomy Sunday specific upgrade which is why those added attributes get listed there and not added with the others in the upgrade section) performed by Endelyon, Walter or Art.

Wiki page for instrument upgrades.
    Wiki page for Demonic Gloomy Sunday.
    gerger
  • gergergerger
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    Ktty wrote: »
    The 'Music buff effect +8' that's listed at the end of the upgrades isn't from the gem upgrade (not entirely). It's from the total of the music buff effect upgrades that are Common Instrument Upgrades, specificly the 'Apply Finish' upgrade (+6), as well as the gem upgrade (+2) for a total of +8. The 'Music buff effect +8' and 'Music Buff Duration +10 sec' Listed at the bottom of the Item Attributes (if it is in fact there) is from 'Break Gloomy Sunday Seal' upgrade (a Gloomy Sunday specific upgrade which is why those added attributes get listed there and not added with the others in the upgrade section) performed by Endelyon, Walter or Art.

Wiki page for instrument upgrades.
    Wiki page for Demonic Gloomy Sunday.

interesting... So I suppose with the Artisan I have that is +6, it doesn't show it as the same, unless I do the
    "Apply Finish"?
    That's where my confusion lies, due to the artisan not showin' it as such
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    gerger wrote: »
    interesting... So I suppose with the Artisan I have that is +6, it doesn't show it as the same, unless I do the
    "Apply Finish"?
    That's where my confusion lies, due to the artisan not showin' it as such.

Artisian upgrade stats are always listed separately (and in the upgrade section) from all others because of the random nature of their stats. Meaning they won't be added together into the others listed, even in the upgrade section.

e.g. You would have +6 listed under your Artisian Upgrade (assuming you got max roll for that particular attribute) and then a +2 listed separately elsewhere in the upgrade section due to the gem upgrade (assuming you do/did that particular upgrade). (Which would add up to a total of +8 within the upgrade section, even though they're listed separately within the same section.) It's only when you do the Apply Finnish upgrade instead of the Artisian Upgrade that the Music Buff Duration amount (+8 listed in the upgrade section) will be the total of Apply Finish (+6) and the Gem Upgrade (+2) instead of them being listed separately as is done when doing the Artisian Upgrade.

The Gloomy specific upgrade is the only one that will ever be added to the description and will always be listed separate from all the other upgrades.

Hopefully I fully answered your question this time. If not, I would need a screenshot of your Gloomy's stats and a list of the specific upgrades you had applied to it, so I could directly explain where each stat is listed in your specific case.