Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Blocking Multi-clienting Update

AmarazAmaraz
Mabinogi Rep: 2,765
in Feedback and Suggestions
While I'm glad to hear nexon realizes how much this effected our economy, I have to say ... I don't think this update will stop multi-clienting. People always find a way around it. In my opinion, the way to stop this is to let players get every chest in any run they do, no matter how big the party is. If you solo something you get all chests. If you duo, you split the chests. This would eliminate the need/desire for other accounts to get spare keys for your main. It won't solve the whole problem but it would solve a large portion of it. Thoughts?

Comments

• NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    Nahh, I like just getting one chest, it'd feel like too much getting all that loot. Besides, they already said they plan to update the system that caused multi-clienting..aka, better drop rates. With that, plus making their system stronger than it is, I'm sure will see less of it. At least for a good while.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Niought wrote: »
    Nahh, I like just getting one chest, it'd feel like too much getting all that loot. Besides, they already said they plan to update the system that caused multi-clienting..aka, better drop rates. With that, plus making their system stronger than it is, I'm sure will see less of it. At least for a good while.

Lol, ok, so put all the drops from 8 chests into 1 chest for you. Same thing lol.
  • MeankiddMeankidd
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    I like this idea too. They should just have one key per person and not allow it to be be dropped/tradeable. Makes more sense. I have some friends that live together but only have one computer to share so they multiclient just to allow them to get married/stand together. They wouldn't be able to get married otherwise because they both can't be online. Are there really that many people exploiting dungeons? I feel like I never come across this.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Meankidd wrote: »
    I like this idea too. They should just have one key per person and not allow it to be be dropped/tradeable. Makes more sense. I have some friends that live together but only have one computer to share so they multiclient just to allow them to get married/stand together. They wouldn't be able to get married otherwise because they both can't be online. Are there really that many people exploiting dungeons? I feel like I never come across this.

I think most people use it and turn it off right away after being done with a run. So you probably wouldn't see many standing around. And they can just throw them into their homesteads to be out of sight.