Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Change Seething Mana requirements

EdethaEdetha
Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
edited December 20, 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello,

I'll put it simply:

The Magic attack requirements for Seething Mana are absurdly high. I'd suggest removing them entirely, and just give the benefit regardless.

For those unaware of what the skill does, it's a toggle skill for Dark Diviners. When the skill is at max rank, it does the following.

It gives Pierce 1 to magic if your MA is above 1000.
It gives Pierce 2 to magic if your MA is above 1200.
It gives Pierce 3 to magic if your MA is above 1400.

If your Arcana link is 9 or higher, it gives 600 mdef bypassing.
If your Arcana link is 10, it gives 1 more magic pierce.

And when it's on, your magic costs Dorcha to use.

If you don't fit any of those, the skill provides no benefit.

The problem is that 1000 MA is a LOT.

I have a staff special upgraded to Blue7, which for those who don't know, is a staff specifically designed to increase magic attack. Blue upgrades used to be very bad, but got buffed recently. 7 is also the highest rank, which is very hard to achieve, and will probably fail if you attempt it, instead making your weapon permanantly be unable to upgrade further.

I also have maxed out intelligence. IT's at the cap. This is the stat that increases magic attack.

I also have several things that boost the cap to my intelligence.

My magic attack with my staff out is 861.

The skill does NOTHING for me.

I have specifically focused magic attack, having chosen upgrades to get the magic attack high enough.

I have maxed out my stats to increase magic attack.

I'm only 86% of the way to getting any benefit from this skill.

That is SILLY.

Having high magic attack should be it's own benefit.

The skill giving extra benefits for high magic attack just widens the gap between high and low level players, making content seem forever out of reach for weaker players.

Comments

• AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
    Well I guess your stats aren't up to snuff for arcana. I don't mean to sound harsh, but arcana is OP and you have to work hard to use it. Can't just hand out everything for free or easy means.

With your staff you have 861 MA. This can be improved. It's not maxed out. I think your gear needs another look over.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    TO put it into perspective, I have 823 MA with my staff eqipped and I no magic enchants, no totems aimed towards MA, no gear that helps me get more MA. I'm an archery and alchemy main. Magic is not even on my radar and my MA is almost as high as yours.
  • SolodarknessSolodarkness
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    Edetha wrote: »
    Hello,

I'll put it simply:

The Magic attack requirements for Seething Mana are absurdly high. I'd suggest removing them entirely, and just give the benefit regardless.

For those unaware of what the skill does, it's a toggle skill for Dark Diviners. When the skill is at max rank, it does the following.

It gives Pierce 1 to magic if your MA is above 1000.
    It gives Pierce 2 to magic if your MA is above 1200.
    It gives Pierce 3 to magic if your MA is above 1400.

If your Arcana link is 9 or higher, it gives 600 mdef bypassing.
    If your Arcana link is 10, it gives 1 more magic pierce.

And when it's on, your magic costs Dorcha to use.

If you don't fit any of those, the skill provides no benefit.

The problem is that 1000 MA is a LOT.

I have a staff special upgraded to Blue7, which for those who don't know, is a staff specifically designed to increase magic attack. Blue upgrades used to be very bad, but got buffed recently. 7 is also the highest rank, which is very hard to achieve, and will probably fail if you attempt it, instead making your weapon permanantly be unable to upgrade further.

I also have maxed out intelligence. IT's at the cap. This is the stat that increases magic attack.

I also have several things that boost the cap to my intelligence.

My magic attack with my staff out is 861.

The skill does NOTHING for me.

I have specifically focused magic attack, having chosen upgrades to get the magic attack high enough.

I have maxed out my stats to increase magic attack.

I'm only 86% of the way to getting any benefit from this skill.

That is SILLY.

Having high magic attack should be it's own benefit.

The skill giving extra benefits for high magic attack just widens the gap between high and low level players, making content seem forever out of reach for weaker players.

Barehanded I'm at 808, I am lvl 40k and under Mage for stats with maxed Int,Im also Level 6 with theDark Diviner link. What you may be missing is turning your Staff Blue instead of Red. Blue now gives 270 Magic Attack at Step 7 .To meet the first requirement you may be able to get away with step 6 blue on your staff. There is an item to swap from Red to blue now.

If you'd like to meet up in game I have the same name here as there, feel free to add me and we can take a look at what you may be missing.
  • EdethaEdetha
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    edited December 23, 2023
    Solodarkness, as I mentioned, my staff is blue 7.

I also have capped intelligence, AND several things boosting it beyond cap.

Now admittedly, the arcana link isn't ranked.

Amaraz, no other arcana has a "Even though you unlocked it, you can't actually get any benefit from it"

Elemental knight? If your strength isn't super high, you just deal less damage proportionally. But every skill is still usable.

Alchemic Sharpshooter? Same thing. Every skill is still usable.

Saint Bard? Also the same thing. Every skill is still usable.

Dark Diviner? It has a skill that literally does not work.

Also, arcana were implemented to help close the gap between low and high power players. It's why they don't have reforges. Think back to what the power gap was between a player with a few grandmasters with celtic gear, compared to a top of the line player before arcana came out. Now look at what it is with arcana.

Arcana was made to bridge that gap, by having a power boost that isn't as effected by the standard boosts.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Edetha wrote: »
    Solodarkness, as I mentioned, my staff is blue 7.

I also have capped intelligence, AND several things boosting it beyond cap.

Now admittedly, the arcana link isn't ranked.

Amaraz, no other arcana has a "Even though you unlocked it, you can't actually get any benefit from it"

Elemental knight? If your strength isn't super high, you just deal less damage proportionally. But every skill is still usable.

Alchemic Sharpshooter? Same thing. Every skill is still usable.

Saint Bard? Also the same thing. Every skill is still usable.

Dark Diviner? It has a skill that literally does not work.

Also, arcana were implemented to help close the gap between low and high power players. It's why they don't have reforges. Think back to what the power gap was between a player with a few grandmasters with celtic gear, compared to a top of the line player before arcana came out. Now look at what it is with arcana.

Arcana was made to bridge that gap, by having a power boost that isn't as effected by the standard boosts.

Well there's a reason your MA is low. Just trying to figure out why. What kind of staff is it? How much INT do you have. And don't repeat "capped" say the actual number please.
  • SolodarknessSolodarkness
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    Try equipping Master of Meteor Strike, Other than that you will need a 40+ MA 2nd title, You will get more from a MA reforge on the staff, Then there is the 200MA from Link bonus. Unfortunately this is what would be needed for you to reach that 1k stat. Now for your complaint,
    The piercing is better for the end game mobs to do more damage against their overwhelming Prot and Armor(adv+ Techs). Before you would need the staff enchanted with piercing to get any at all, or a D-robe. I take this new skill with grace since I don't have to save up for a D-robe now. It does make me closer to a true end game person where i can now clear content I couldn't before. You could likely clear any elite shadow mission without even batting an eye or lords mission. Normal Techs may be easy for you too.

I'm currently at 1260 with a ruination staff(MA17 reforge,Strange Enchant),Capped Int(2328), Blue Echo,Outlaw witch 2nd title,Master of Meteor, and Grandmaster Mage active. In order for me to meet 1400 I'm missing 60 MA from MA Gloves reforge with a MA potion active. I'd need this to easily do Elite Techs and possibly decent at Crom and Glen when I learn the mechanics.