Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

"View Character" and "View Fashion" options

KeichiroKeichiro
Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
in Feedback and Suggestions
This one is for the fashionogis out there like me. Sometimes I see a really cool looking character but they're buried in a pile of others near a shop or the lighting is not good so it's hard to appreciate the customization or take screens to show friends how cool they are. Other times I see some very good outfits and wonder what pieces/accessories/hairstyle went into them but the player has their equipment hidden.

In these situations I wish we had a View Character button just to appreciate the customization (kinda like the windows where we preview items) and a View Fashion button that shows only someone's fashion slot and maybe hairstyle name while keeping the person's gear private.
  1. Would you like these new features?3 votes
    1. +1
       67% (2 votes)
    2. Meh.
       33% (1 vote)
    3. No. Besides gear, I don't want people to know what my outfit is either.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,765
    I'm ok with this. Specifically because you separated gear from fashion. I absolutely do not want people to see my gear unless I let them. They can see my fashion that's fine.
    Keichiro
  • KeichiroKeichiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    Amaraz wrote: »
    I'm ok with this. Specifically because you separated gear from fashion. I absolutely do not want people to see my gear unless I let them. They can see my fashion that's fine.

Yeah, I get that most people who make their equipment not visible do so to hide their proper gear. So a way to just view someone's fashion could be a good compromise
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,195
    I don't mind, I think it's stupid people hide their wares. It causes people to have to post stalky screenshots to others on discord to find out what they are wearing.

tumblr_ojot8n9vpu1vviqkjo1_500.gif

Guilty.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,410
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    I don't mind, I think it's stupid people hide their wares. It causes people to have to post stalky screenshots to others on discord to find out what they are wearing.

tumblr_ojot8n9vpu1vviqkjo1_500.gif

Guilty.

Maybe it's for PvP. You hide how strong you are so that unsuspecting people challenge you and then you can crush them easy.
    Tricky One: I totally PWNed you! You suck.
    Victim: No zhid, you used a cheap trick.
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    I hid mine for a while cause it made me feel cool-

Tbh, if I see an outfit I like that I don't recognize, I'd ask the person, sometimes through a note. It is sad when they warp off/don't answer though.
  • Hoshilove12345Hoshilove12345
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    actually a lot of players from the ruairi server specifically started hiding their gear around the time back when hackers could steal ur items straight from the preview window.... those were some fun dayyyysss wweeeeeee
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    actually a lot of players from the ruairi server specifically started hiding their gear around the time back when hackers could steal ur items straight from the preview window.... those were some fun dayyyysss wweeeeeee

*Goes back to hiding my clothes* Erm, seriously that's terrifying
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,765

THIS.