Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Opinions On Character Bound Equipment

SutaruSutaru
Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
in General Chat
Just was wondering what everyone thought about character bound equipment? I just used an appearance scroll on my Scythe and turned it into a Deathscythe. Im kind of bummed that I cannot put it in one of my pets now and my "Me" inventory is full. I have 2 outfits in there that I had upgraded all the way when I was a noob back in the day thinking it was a great idea, but now they are character bound and cannot be stored on pets either along with my armor. How do you store your character bound items? Do you think there should be more options on what to do with them?
  1. What do you think about character bound items?43 votes
    1. They are a nuisance!!!!!!!! D:
       42% (18 votes)
    2. Meh, they don't bother me any.
       42% (18 votes)
    3. I LOVE CHARACTER BOUND ITEMS!!! XOXOXOX
       16% (7 votes)

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 20, 2017
    You can use the scrolls from regular weapon shops like Nerys, Osla, etc to separate the weapons, unless they already came as scrolls. In that case, I do not know. You can use trade pots on them afterwards as fused weapons, I believe, which would enable them to be put in pets and such.
    Sutaru
  • SutaruSutaru
    You can use the scrolls from regular weapon shops like Nerys, Osla, etc to separate the weapons, unless they already came as scrolls. In that case, I do not know. You can use trade pots on them afterwards as fused weapons, I believe, which would enable them to be put in pets and such.

I really would not like to change it back, but if it is true about the trade pots that would be a good option. As for my other character bound items....they are probably a lost cause :(
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    And I might be wrong. Don't try this.
    Sutaru
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    It's stupid, I hate it, and most fo the reasons they are there aren't even good.
    Specail Upgrades, sure, I guess I understand, but.

Like appearance scrolls, or armor upgrades.

Dude what why?
    Sutaru
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I don't mind character bound weapons, but I just can't stand permenant durability loss. :T
    Sutaru
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    if you use a trade unlock on an item you can put it in bank, pets, etc. I have only tested this with weapons, but I can put my step 6 taunes with 67th floor on it into a pet. The only way it will personalize again is if another player equips it. I don't know if the item can go into a dressing room or not though since I only tested on weapons. Even if you wear it again yourself it won't personalize again unless you use another enchant or something on it that re-personalizes it manually
    Sutaru
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    You can only do that like, 6 times. And even then, it's a pretty expensive option.
  • ArjuneArjune
    TNinja wrote: »
    You can only do that like, 6 times. And even then, it's a pretty expensive option.

Did you even read what I typed at all? why would you need to do it more than once?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    TNinja wrote: »

It really is, there was this rka with better stats than mine and had 3 lines and was rank 1. They were trying to sell it, but when I expressed interest they kind of back peddled. So I had to offer 15m PLUS unlock. These kinds of transactions are risky because you have to give the seller the unlock potion you purchased with real money.

I think this system should be removed. I mean I am pretty sure Nexon makes more money with gachas anyway, unfortunately.
    Sutaru
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    I have a lot of bound items. My ME tab is full, I have some in the bank, and a bunch in other equipment bags. Some of my older stuff I've burned or destroyed. One good armor I used an event free unlock on and sold.
    Sutaru
  • SutaruSutaru
    Arjune wrote: »
    if you use a trade unlock on an item you can put it in bank, pets, etc. I have only tested this with weapons, but I can put my step 6 taunes with 67th floor on it into a pet. The only way it will personalize again is if another player equips it. I don't know if the item can go into a dressing room or not though since I only tested on weapons. Even if you wear it again yourself it won't personalize again unless you use another enchant or something on it that re-personalizes it manually

Its good that this is possible, but at the same time when unlock potions are around 2mil each it doesn't seem worth the cost. The two dresses in my inventory are probably only worth as much as the trade unlock. At that point I probably would just destroy them and buy new ones. The scythe I cant imagine is hardly worth anything. I just think there should be a more efficient way to deal with character bound items. Not sure what the solution for that could be though.
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    An useless feature that should get deleted for the greater good.
    Sutaru
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    anyone has the issue of putting character bound stuff in closet? i cant put my kitsune ears or diamond pattern armor in closest (infact the diamond pattern doesnt even show up....
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    anyone has the issue of putting character bound stuff in closet? i cant put my kitsune ears or diamond pattern armor in closest (infact the diamond pattern doesnt even show up....
    I'm not entirely sure, but I believe if there is a clothing item that is character bound, then it can't be put in the closet. Similar to how character bound weapons and the like can't be put in pets.
  • SutaruSutaru
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure, but I believe if there is a clothing item that is character bound, then it can't be put in the closet. Similar to how character bound weapons and the like can't be put in pets.

You are right. This is because other characters on the account access the same dressing room.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sutaru wrote: »
    Yokkaichi wrote: »

You are right. This is because other characters on the account access the same dressing room.

Which is stupid tbh. It's not like switching it to another character is going to allow us to profit.
    Sutaru
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Once in a while I get requested to enchant a scroll that I know personalises, even though the description doesn't say it does.

Whether I warn the person or not is dependant on how funny it would be to watch them realise their item is now stuck to them.
  • ArjuneArjune
    sometimes they give free, untradable, expiring unlocks... so it was just a suggestion ^^
    Sutaru
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Eralea wrote: »
    Once in a while I get requested to enchant a scroll that I know personalises, even though the description doesn't say it does.

Whether I warn the person or not is dependant on how funny it would be to watch them realise their item is now stuck to them.

The responsible enchanter. We need more of you.
    Sutaru