Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fidgeting characters

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited May 27, 2017 in General Chat
I don't know if It's been happening only as of recently, but I have been catching my character and other player's characters suddenly at random times change default idle stances out of the blue. Is this a recent change or a feature?

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I've noticed this as well. Idk if it started happening this week or last week, but it's something very recent.
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited May 28, 2017
    I've noticed too, I'm hoping its a bug/glitch because the second default idle is ugleh..

Edit: The one where the foot sticks out like you have sh** all balance being the second one..
    pawcalypse
  • SapphiraMuseSapphiraMuse
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    It's not just the default idle, it also affects the outfits with idles and resets them to the start of the animation loop. Kind of annoying, really.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited May 28, 2017
    this started after the last patch/maintenance
    also, the moon gate somehow feels too bright

very disturbing when using outfit such as patissiere and floral fairy that used continuous but no repeated (repeat from start) animation
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Hazurah wrote: »
    this started after the last patch/maintenance

very disturbing when using outfit such as patissiere and floral fairy that used continuous but no repeated (repeat from start) animation

It's not just that. http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/4470/did-everyones-screens-get-all-screwy

A lot of rendering glitches have been going on.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Hazurah wrote: »

I've seen this happen almost every time I go to the west Dunby moongate this past week. Thought it was my pc. Ugh, just more glitches then...
  • SacredCrimsonSacredCrimson
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    That happened to me in my clothing tab. It just resets the whole thing back to as if i just entered the tab.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    edited May 28, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »

Now to just sit back and watch as Nexon NA does literally absolutely nothing to fix even a single one of those glitches for months on end. Just like how they seemingly can't even be bothered to do a thing about the expired guilds bug yet even though it's been over a month now. Would be great if they could just ask Nexon KR to create a fix for them already if Nexon NA is seriously this incompetent when it comes to fixing absolutely anything.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    the glitch also is prevalent in the dressing room it will reset your outfit you are trying on randomly when the animation screws up.
    nerrith
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Namiri wrote: »
    Now to just sit back and watch as Nexon NA does literally absolutely nothing to fix even a single one of those glitches for months on end. Just like how they seemingly can't even be bothered to do a thing about the expired guilds bug yet even though it's been over a month now. Would be great if they could just ask Nexon KR to create a fix for them already if Nexon NA is seriously this incompetent when it comes to fixing absolutely anything.

With the exceptions of some minor text fixes and small issues that require no patching, NxA is not in charge of fixing bugs, but rather the devs themselves are, as NxA is a publisher.

As for certain glitches being patched, that can(and does) rely upon whether or not a solution has been found and a fix to be applied, hopefully without causing some sort of errant glitch elsewhere. Welcome to the world of bugs and glitches! Keep in mind that our client is not the same as KR's, so they may have issues that we do not, and vice-versa.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I have no idea what ya'll talkin'bout
  • nerrithnerrith
    Mabinogi Rep: 515
    I've noticed this glitch too. Since a recent patch there seems to be something wrong with the style tab specifically. An idle animation will reload(maybe on a server tick?)instead of looping forever, even just the default or weapon holding ones. But I haven't had this problem with the main equipment slots.
    lidiya wrote: »
    the glitch also is prevalent in the dressing room it will reset your outfit you are trying on randomly when the animation screws up.
    I also got this, but when I took off my style tab equipment it stopped reseting.
    Nilrem
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I have not seen any problems like this.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Namiri wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

They could fix it if our version wasn't different from them.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    This idle glitch is getting annoying for me. I keep pulling my tea out my dress, then I flinch and have to get it out again. Just let me drink my tea in peace! :U
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 30, 2017
    Hinotama wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »

How you guys didn't notice THIS!?

This is a glitch that occurs randomly and stays until you don't teleport or re-log:
    x2iK0G4.png

How it should look:
    YT2soUM.png
    Harukari
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Glitches.
    Glitches EVERYWHERE.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Greta wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »

How you guys didn't notice THIS!?

This is a glitch that occurs randomly and stays until you don't teleport or re-log:
    x2iK0G4.png

How it should look:
    YT2soUM.png

It's not a problem to me. I've seen it do this before now and it didn't bother me.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 30, 2017
    It's not a problem to me. I've seen it do this before now and it didn't bother me.

It's not a problem for me too, but sometimes it just surprises me and looks oddly too bright than anything else in the area which kinda makes my eyes feel a bit annoyed by that brightness, so i just use that moongate/mana tunnel to get rid off that glitch asap lol. Also the random resets of my character animation or dressing room is annoying as well, because it's obviously not the way it's supposed to be there.

• AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited May 30, 2017
    Maybe the moon gates and mana tunnels are absorbing too much sun and moon light (they used to work half the day) that they are now glowing with overflowing power. According to the rule of Power Overwhelming, they are going to explode soon.
    *Gasp!*
    And after they are destroyed, Mabi will implement the Moongate Traveler Book thing!