Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Durability to sharpness/magic recharge

UmbralKnightUmbralKnight
Mabinogi Rep: 810
edited June 9, 2017 in General Chat
I was thinking, why do we have durability on weapons in a combat heavy game like this when you spend millions of gold on the item only for a few "whoops my hand slipped" from a few repairs at even 98% people? Why not implement a system where the weapon slowly loses damage/power over time like the dura loss they do now, but instead of having to repair the weapon you take it to the blacksmith to get it sharpened/reformed or to the magic shop to get it recharged(think of the elementals in the wand losing power) or cylinders remoulded, etc. you'd still have the money sink of getting the items fixed but without the risk of losing the weapon to bad repairs? make it a always succeed thing, and if you are about to say stuff about enchantments, you can make the weapon lose sharpness on a fail, and break completely like normal. that way there is still risk. and if you are gonna say it would take new code, it won't just rename "Durability" to "Sharpness" and use the code from the ego that makes your damage do less the more you use the weapon instead of how hungry it is. that way even fhergus will seem useful. You still have the money sink of repairs without the risk of losing your weapon on a repair.
  1. Does this seem like a good idea for the future?19 votes
    1. Yes
       42% (8 votes)
    2. No
       32% (6 votes)
    3. Isn't this similar to Vindictus?
       26% (5 votes)

Comments

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 9, 2017
    cash shop reasons....and the real gold sink is not in repairs but when U have to gather resource to remake the same identical weapon/armor/acc/etc again. But it's an outdated design cuz hammerz.

/shrug
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I am not sure why a lack of 100% repairs even exists. People say that it will make people more like to buy new weapons, but the likelihood of such decreases when one procures a weapon valuable enough to use platinum hammers, much less a repair protection, and it minimal when we are talking lesser weapon that the gacha shouldn't have spat out in the first place or NPC born.

I'd argue we should at least...

-Improve Repair Protections effects (I.E. Making it hold up to 5 failed repairs.)
    -Lessen its cost. (9 Dollars for a one time thing that happens a fair amount? No thanks.)
    -Have 100% be available.

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 9, 2017
    I am not sure why a lack of 100% repairs even exists. People say that it will make people more like to buy new weapons,
    -Have 100% be available.

Ego weapon now has 100% rate. The amount u recovered is now based on prof procured. Losing all ur ego stat lvl and restarting from scratch would be a nightmare. Thankfully Devkitty removed that detrimental cash shop design out of the game.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    edited June 9, 2017
    Honestly the sole reason durability and the lack of 100% repairs exists is so Nexon can hawk their crappy overpriced Repair Protection Potions. I've never bought one before and never will no matter how much I value a certain equip. Because 8,900 NX for protecting against just ONE single failure is absolutely absurd. As Blissfulkill suggested they really should protect against multiple failures for that kind of price or at the very least lower the price to something more reasonable.

If Nexon had even half a brain they would have realized years ago that making them more worth people's money would encourage more people to actually buy them. Which in turn would make them more profit!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    I think Nexon should reduce the cost of one of those to just a couple bucks.
  • AellAell
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,070
    The point of 100% repairs is completely understandable and as others have mentioned before, should have been implemented a long time ago or with discounted repair potions. However, damage loss on lower total sharpness items (~10-15 max dura) would be massive and only bring more disappointment than use, to beginner players even more so. If damage loss decreased by sharpness % loss, any more durable weapon, a tribolt wand for example, would only be useful for several sharpness points and then reach lower tier weapon strength. Let's not forget that melee and magic power calculations differ too.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited June 9, 2017
    Some argue that it adds realism.

Honestly, weapon dullness is more realistic than a weapon taht can't be repaired.
    badnewsbarrett
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Shouldn't this be in Feedback and Suggestions rather than General Chat?
  • ShireAccel913ShireAccel913
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    So what will happens when we fail an enchantement then?
    We get a permanent damage/crit/bal loss or what?
    I prefer the actual system instead get something even worst
  • UmbralKnightUmbralKnight
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    So what will happens when we fail an enchantement then?
    We get a permanent damage/crit/bal loss or what?
    I prefer the actual system instead get something even worst

It would reduce the sharpness of the weapon causing you to repair it again and at rank 5 + it destroys it like normal
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I'm pretty sure KR got it where you can get perfect repairs on items but it's like 3x the price or something like that. No idea when/if we'll get it though :/