Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Monster Dodge Event

FreakoutcastFreakoutcast
Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
in General Chat
So has anyone actually gotten over 2 min? I managed to get 1m58s before proceeding to try and kill myself.

If so, what is the reward? The sheep trans? Because all I'm getting out of the boxes from daily are f***ing emeralds (thanks for adding those in by the way Nexon). Seriously though.... I'm a trans collector and trans is literally the only reason I play this game. Considering there are only 13 or so of the boxes you can get (13 emeralds in my case) and there are 9 sheep trans, I really hope you are guaranteed to get them for surviving 2 minutes. It'll motivate me despite its BS rng. Every time I lose it's because a wolf just stops right in my path in the middle of the arena and then I get trapped by the 50 billion other wolves and their broken hitboxes that are twice as big as the actual view model.

Also, any strats for reaching 2 min? I run in a clockwise circle about 3 meters from barrier. Oh, and if anyone is selling the sheep trans or song of despair, hit me up on Alexina (I'll also buy any other NPC trans).

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 23, 2017
    Plenty of players who did it over 4 minutes in Alexina. You can see records of other players time when asking Deian about Drool-soaked Rag and after he pretends that he doesn't know anything about it, the record window of that mini-game opens. Also i have never seen so much Bugle uses in my whole Mabinogi life lol, thanks to this event.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    If you can get 1 Minute 58 Seconds, you can get 2 Minutes. That being said, I am not sure if there is a prize for the ranking itself. Is there?
  • FreakoutcastFreakoutcast
    Greta wrote: »
    Plenty of players who did it over 4 minutes in Alexina. You can see records of other players time when asking Deian about Drool-soaked Rag and after he pretends that he doesn't know anything about it, the record window of that mini-game opens. Also i have never seen so much Bugle uses in my whole Mabinogi life lol.

Oh, the record was 3 min yesterday. I was wondering if any of them are on the forums though since there were only 18 over 2 min when I checked.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I got a pink sheep trans from my first box. just keep trying. I think all you get from the wolf minigame is titles and bugles. also you only get 1 of the 4 titles so choose the one you want and stop there
  • GretaGreta
    All i got from daily boxes was artifact with 25000 exploration exp and a 5 cm gem so far... :|
    The rewards overall seem lackluster to me, but the event has many things going from it, oddly enough. A daily for those who don't want to feel committed, but a spam boss that doesn't take HOURS to show up and isn't a competition other than a lag fest, which can be solved via channel changing, alongside a rather neat little RP where you have to dodge wolves like you're in a bullet hell game like Touhou you can repeat as long as you spam the wolves, and a ranking board.

That being said, the rewards are pretty pitiful. More like short lived novelties than anything I'd wear constantly, or things I do not use. The bugles may or may not be annoying.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    got a green sheep trans on my second box. as said, rewards aren't anything special, but the event is fun in and of itself. also, does anyone know if the skills you get in the rp are of any help? or is just running around (and hoping for the best) really the best tactic there is?
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    I'm just glad nothing important is locked behind that sheep dodging mess. I want the transformations too, but it's been nohing but these worthless shiny rocks. I mean they turn into some halfway decent stuff when you synth them, but still. Worthless.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    Anyone have tips on succeeding in the minigame? I'm pretty bad at it
    Lokitin
    edited June 23, 2017
    Anyone have tips on succeeding in the minigame? I'm pretty bad at it

-The wolves when moving, will attempt to move in a straight line from their spawn point to your last current position, and then from this position to your next current one. It is best to move in a circular motion. and avoid them.

-Try to run in a circular motions.

-When surround on two sides, don't be afraid to make a cut through the middle.

-Avoid running too close to the edge, where the wolves spawn.
    SylviaWolfe
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I found the dodging minigame easier to do on a channel that has little monster A.I. lag.

For example, on Mari Ch2, the monsters seem to react slower.
    So in the minigame when they'd finished running to the other end of the arena, they'd stand still for a variable amount of time before making another dash towards me.
    Made it harder for me to coordinate all the wolves' movements with each other.
    SylviaWolfe
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    edited June 24, 2017
    Thank you for the advice!! ^_^
  • FreakoutcastFreakoutcast
    I just got over 2 minutes and I can confirm that all you get are the garbage bugles. You get 2 of them and they don't expire, but they're not sheep trans so don't even bother. What a waste of time, back to getting gems and hoping people actually sell the sheep.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Ok question. Which do you all think sounds better: Waltz-with-Wolves or Wolfishly Agile? I'm really liking the Waltzes one better, but I'm curious to know what the flavor text of the Wolfishly one says. And I don't mean the stats, just what the description in the Titles choice page says.

not terribly important, I know. Just curious. xD
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Ok question. Which do you all think sounds better: Waltz-with-Wolves or Wolfishly Agile? I'm really liking the Waltzes one better, but I'm curious to know what the flavor text of the Wolfishly one says. And I don't mean the stats, just what the description in the Titles choice page says.

@WolfandWolf
    Here's the flavor text of Wolfishly Agile.
    2cf77bceec.png

Though I like the alliteration of the "Waltzes with Wolves" title more.

What's the flavor text for the Waltzes title?
    WolfandWolf
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 1, 2017
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    2cf77bceec.png

Here's all the stats, names and required times of these titles:

lHX3YiD.png

By the way, Waltzes-With-Wolves title sounds best for me :D

WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited July 1, 2017
    Iyasenu wrote: »

@WolfandWolf
    2cf77bceec.png

Hey thank you, thank you!

After trying, I realize that I have no earthly clue how to upload pics to the forum (I'm so sorry!). But I wrote what the flavor text for Waltzes-With-Wolves (That's exactly how the title looks in-game, all caps and with hyphens) here below:

"A title earned by those who made the wolves work for their dinner."

Greta wrote: »
    By the way, Waltzes-With-Wolves title sounds best for me :D

I do like the way it sounds too. I think I'm going to keep it. Since I'm not terribly interested in bugles, I don't really have any need to keep doing the dodging part.~
  • kingjames488kingjames488
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    other than the training seals I'm not all that interested in this event. the mini game thing is a pain and the titles I currently have are better than any that it gives, and I don't really care that much about transformations at this point.

the rates on the sheep medals are pretty impossible tho, I got one all event.
    at least that makes it valuable? I'll probably just hoard it for a while...
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited July 3, 2017
    none of the strategies ppl say really works, most people i know were able to complete the minigame told me the same, "its just luck", so to hell with this event, korean trolling is getting worst every year >.>