Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

"Enchant Success Rate +10%" event another dud.

Comments

• VerumVerum
    Mabinogi Rep: 355
    They "changed the event page information" to reflect the fubar. It now reads: Weekend Buff: Enchant Base Rate +10%. They still haven't answered whether or not they know what the heck they're doing.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Verum wrote: »
    They "changed the event page information" to reflect the fubar. It now reads: Weekend Buff: Enchant Base Rate +10%. They still haven't answered whether or not they know what the heck they're doing.

dbab3e3f7b.png
    haha love it, they ninja'd that in. Welp it's officially dead now
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited August 1, 2017
    Maia wrote: »
    Verum wrote: »

dbab3e3f7b.png
    haha love it, they ninja'd that in. Welp it's officially dead now

Mistakes aren't even problems anymore, because they can just sneak edit the event page! Lol. This isn't the first time that they did this, btw.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited August 2, 2017
    So this is how the cookies gunna crumble eh...

rVa7J4.gif

Wry would Nexon think anyone will get excited 4 a +1% to their r3 es scrolls...? :D
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    They're really going to ninja edit their post and not even give us an explanation as to why we got an event bonus that is already given in game literally every week? That is completely and utterly pointless, who in the seven hells thought it was a good idea to give us a bonus that we already get every week all year round? I'm sorry but of all the crap I tolerate this just rubs on me in the worst way, at least on Thursday we can buy enchant expiration removal scrolls from the seal shop.

So what basically what everyone did was wait three weeks preparing enchants and protections and on the Thursday before the weekend bonus ignored the 10% base rate bonus for a 10% base rate bonus event on Saturday. Why?
    ArjuneRaishiiGretaAichannCarlize
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited August 2, 2017
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    So what basically what everyone did was wait three weeks preparing enchants and protections and on the Thursday before the weekend bonus ignored the 10% base rate bonus for a 10% base rate bonus event on Saturday. Why?

Exactly. most people were like

Thursday: I'ma wait til the weekend so I can get that sweet 10% bonus :D

Weekend: >:| I could have just done this on Thursaday

April fools in July LOL
    TheNyanCat
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    They're really going to ninja edit their post

Jesus, they don't know by now that we as a community is ten times more awake than the actual staff themselves? We KNOW when something's missing.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    At this point I'm more upset at how they handled it.

Somehow the fact that the event bonus is the same as Thursday bonus slipped past everyone. There was no fix for the bonus at all unlike the dungeon exp bonus, and to top it all off three days after the weekend bonus ends they ninja edit their initial post to say base success rates. We're not even getting an announcement or even a sorry, just a "Everyone is whining about the bonus so let us just edit the post so we can point to it and say it's intended". Really? We waited days for a response and all we got was a ninja edit? I really hope I'm just getting mad just a little too early and that there is going to be a forum post on the issue later today or even tomorrow but even then the damage is done, I just hope we at least hear from them about this rather than having it swept under the rug.

That is assuming they even know what the problem is, at this point it wouldn't be surprising if we're being looked at like insatiable animals (Which we are really) whining at the bonus not knowing the Thursday bonus is literally the same thing.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Hmm I wonder if alchemy success rate +10% this week will also be 10% of the base rate.
    Greta
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited August 2, 2017
    Seems this coming weekend's buff, aside from the alchemy success rate, is also a 20% increase in the BASE success rate of enchants?

78f08d0b91.png

I'm sure a flat +10 to the success rate would still be prefereable on the higher ranked enchants but... at least it's better than an ordinary Thursday.
  • VerumVerum
    Mabinogi Rep: 355
    Seriously, we've gotten a flat 10% bonus before, I don't know why they won't just bring it back again. But at least it's something...
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    I just want an revamp of the enchanting skill itself. Everyone's waiting on events just to attempt good stuff because there's only so much you can do with the skill. Doesn't really matter if you're Rank F or Rank 6 when it comes to trying that enchant, it'll blow up (or hopefully succeed) the same either way.
    @Maia, since nobody else mentioned, 100% repair events are likely done for since we can now 100% repair whenever.
  • MaiaMaia
    edited August 3, 2017
    I could go for 100% repair events still. It would save a ton of money if you just had to pay for 90%

Awesome, I hope the +20% is legit this time lol I do still have a 48 to enchant.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Maia wrote: »
    I could go for 100% repair events still. It would save a ton of money if you just had to pay for 90%

Awesome, I hope the +20% is legit this time lol I do still have a 48 to enchant.

As much as I'd like to seem them too, all it would do it disable a big gold sink and probably cause a little inflation. I think it's for the best that we don't see them again.
  • MaiaMaia
    edited August 3, 2017
    I wouldn't complain if we never saw them again, yeah. Tbh I'm all for gold sinks. Inflation sucks.