Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Lets calculate the price of lvl 200 gem!

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
in General Chat
First off: This is a for funsies post, but also give some insight.

Based on the mode price of Golden exp fruits on Ruairi. ( I don't know the value of the fruits in other servers, but there will be a formula provided at the end. )

The mode price for golden exp fruit (Ruairi): 350k

Whats the maximum amount of exp, (assuming optimal usage) do you get from the fruit?
31,025,000.00 exp, at level 195 (you need at least 24.2% exp to hit 200 from 1 fruit)

The exp/gold ratio (rounded): 31025000/350000 = 88.64 exp per gold

Exp requirement to level 200: 279,988,500

Price of gem using this calculation is: 3,158,614g
Formula: 279,988,500/(31,025,000/ (cost of fruit) )

But should this be the exact price of the level 200 gem? Probably not, after all this is the most exp you can get per gold.
Obviously very few people will get to level 196 and use the fruit to finish the last level.
Most players will probably prefer to use multiple fruits at an earlier level, as a result the exp per gold ratio actually goes down. Meaning this gem is probably actually worth more!

Naturally the average exp per fruit goes down as you use fruits at a lower level.
Calculating all of them would be a chore so, ill calculate the following:
level 176 ( at ~22% exp) takes 5 fruits. Average exp gain: 25,847,000.00 exp
level 153 ( at ~70% exp) takes 10 fruits. Average exp gain: 21,037,500.00 exp
level 129 ( at ~60% exp) takes 15 fruits. Average exp gain: 16,327,000.00 exp
We will stop at 129, because the exp requirement of level 100 to130 is about the same as the level 1 to 100. (which makes using the fruits at these levels, somewhat wasteful)

We still use the same formula except this time we also modify the average exp per fruit:
level 176: 279,988,500/(25,847,000/ 350000 ) = 3791387g

level 153: 279,988,500/(21,037,500/ 350000 ) = 4658156g

level 129: 279,988,500/(16,327,000 / 350000 ) = 6002080g

Finally lets compare the value of using the level 200 gem compared to using golden fruits at level 1.
This would normally cost 45 fruits (averaging about 6.75m exp per fruit)

279,988,500/(6,749,855.56 / 350000 )= 14,518,232g

That's a lot of gold! Of course, no ones going to use golden experience fruits at level 1, so this is probably not an ideal price for the gem (only a fool would buy it!)

Final formula : 279,988,500/( (average exp gain per fruit) / (cost of fruit) )

Conclusion (aka the TL;DR )
The price of these gems should be at around 6m in Ruairi, since getting to to level 130 (to spam fruits) is easy enough, and no ones going to spend 6m for just for 199 x (insert AP event) AP. Also because these gems are really only useful for players who haven't the AP to cap all their skills, players who want to switch to a new main, players who want to get to 40k total (for the eweca bonus), getting that sweet level 200 bonus without wasting a rebirth (you can rebirth without resetting levels btw).

Additional fun calculation:
In addition, if you want to get to level 40k from these gems, you only need about 200, or 1.2 billion gold (assuming 6m ea) :^)
In comparison, one bhafel hunter is about 40m (on ruairi (give or take a few depending on roll and such)), so this is about 30 bhafel hunters.
  1. How does this post make you feel?20 votes
    1. Happy
       10% (2 votes)
    2. Sad
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Scared
       10% (2 votes)
    4. Angry
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Surprised
       5% (1 vote)
    6. Disgusted
       5% (1 vote)
    7. thisisfine.jpeg
       70% (14 votes)

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I could see people spending 6m~10m for level 200. It certainly wouldn't surprise me lol those level 200 pet things go for about that. Granted pets are harder to level and all that but you can just save the exp thing for 3x events
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    To some its worth 10m. Others 5m. It'll be 7m to someone else. That one elitist will prolly charge 20m. Trying 2 hard 2 be objective in a subjective open market is pointless.

Just slap on an amount U like and stick to ur guns I'd say.

ZOZEIDe.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Rhey wrote: »
    To some its worth 10m. Others 5m. It'll be 7m to someone else. That one elitist will prolly charge 20m. Trying 2 hard 2 be objective in a subjective open market is pointless.

ZOZEIDe.gif
    Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. -Quote from a famous guy probably.
    If anything the goal of this post is just to help people be a bit more informed as to how much people should be willing to pay.
    After all, information is the only true price control. ;-;-b
  • ShireAccel913ShireAccel913
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    edited August 9, 2017
    When i get my own gem, i'll keep it for some months and sell it in a x3 AP event like the most wanted item ever... auctions will happen and will be insta-mega-rich...

Well maybe... what?! I cant dream or what? >:P
    Sherri
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Wait, x3 AP events exist?! I've only started playing this year so x2 AP is the most I've ever seen. Now I'm doubting my evil plan to use the gem during this week's AP event.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Spy wrote: »

ZOZEIDe.gif
    Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. -Quote from a famous guy probably.
    If anything the goal of this post is just to help people be a bit more informed as to how much people should be willing to pay.
    After all, information is the only true price control. ;-;-b

Depends on ur goal as well. Go big or settle for the small fries. It's moar about a battle of endurance and patience really if U wanna hook the whales. Gotta get em rite when the situation is rite. There's no better time to make bank than when a whale gets desperate. :p
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Some guy was trying to sell that gem for 20m... o-o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    edited August 10, 2017

Depends on ur goal as well. Go big or settle for the small fries. It's moar about a battle of endurance and patience really if U wanna hook the whales. Gotta get em rite when the situation is rite. There's no better time to make bank than when a whale gets desperate. :p

Whales can just buy rebirth pots, in fact, lets analyze the efficiency of rebirth pots over memorial gems.

We will stick with Ruairi marketplace prices, because again no idea of other prices.
    We will also make the assumption that the whales start at level 1 total, but can run virtually anything.
    Lastly, we assume the big game hunters want to sell gems at 20m so 4billion gold to get to 40k

With rebirth pots costing about 1m each. (this isnt necessarily an ideal price due to eweca packages but its reasonable)
    At that price, you could buy the equivalent 4000 rebirth pots to get to 40k total, and that would only require you to get to level 10 every rebirth. (Like literally just kill two or three bloody HM mob)

Then they can get to level 40k in 572 rebirths (a "bit" over a quarter of the price).
    in total this would take 384 hours, or 16 days of game play.

If you want to save even more time, you can do curiosity basic (in my personal experience curiosity basic is faster than fear basic) 5 minutes per run and then rebirth.
    At this rate you would need 910 pots and a mere 75 hours of gameplay to hit 40k.

Thus, if a whale wants to get to level 40k and has the time and patience to play for 5 minutes a day (which if you cant even play 5 minutes a day (or 35 minutes on the weekend) , w-why exactly are you spending money on the game?) and they'll get to level 40k within 3 months. and save like 3b.
    Naturally they can save more money by spending a bit more time

In summary: Whales be crazy, but they ain't that crazy.

Edit: I was assuming 6m each earlier, I should instead assume 20m each since that's your suggested price
    Edit Edit: I made a mistake on the edit.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited August 10, 2017
    Since I made my all skills capped who have played since G1, I would rather give away these gems to guildies who are in need of AP or level. At least through some kind of small guild event or something.