Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Crashing\Repairing Install

PattyMacPattyMac
Mabinogi Rep: 945
edited February 27, 2018 in Technical Support
Hello everyone. I get random crashing playing mabi, but only when I try to use anything that transports a player (i.e. a moon gate or waxen wing). Its not even a 100% thing, but it happens more often than not. I thought initially I would just repair the installation, well, when I do this, I re download the same 13.6 megs of data every single time. The next time I launch the game, I click repair and its the same size download every time. If a un then re install is a must, then can someone let me know the best way to do this, or if its possible to back up my preferences in the game (like hotkeys, settings, etc) beforehand. Also, would I need to uninstall the launcher as well? I am just wanting to tread as lightly as possible lol. Thanks to anyone for any input.

Comments

• asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    There is a .dll file that saves your pet settings and such...I think it's in your mabi folder in documents beside the screenshot. The basic hotkeys are saved automatically on the server side, if I'm not mistaken. You will have to dig around with the search function,but there is a way to clean mabinogi from your registry as well because that becomes a problem a handful of times.

Sorry I'm not much help as to provide links, but it's around in the forums.
    PattyMac
  • PattyMacPattyMac
    Mabinogi Rep: 945
    Thx more than you know for that reply. It made me search the forums and after installing and reinstalling, trying running as admin, etc...turns out it was my anti-virus blocking something without alerting me. Now, I disable it only while playing, and all is well. Thanks a lot. Sometimes you may not think you are helping, but trust me, you did.
    Jazmyn