Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

New Support Puppets, Gestures, and more!

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I hate support puppets.... screws up my magic :C
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    How? O-o
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Leinei wrote: »
    How? O-o

Whenever the puppet casts a shield, it cancels any skill you currently have loaded.

It can be very annoying if it happens to certain skills, and regular annoying otherwise.

I'm sure the puppet thinks it's helping, casting Fire Shield when an archer takes aim at you, but when it cancels your Final Hit, or your 4/5 Fireball charges, it can be lame.
    VimiDaktaro
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 2, 2018
    on top of what Iyasenu said, puppets can block your own magic or your party's magic. let's say your party member has a puppet that cast fire shield... then you launch a fireball at a monster near the party member. the fire shield will actually lower the damage done the the mob. I have noticed this with other magic and magic shields as well as guns / natural shield. in some content it's not very annoying or noticeable, but sometimes it gets to the point I want to tell the person "take that puppet off or I'll stab your face"
    IyasenuDaktaroKingEphy
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited May 2, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    How? O-o

Whenever the puppet casts a shield, it cancels any skill you currently have loaded.

It can be very annoying if it happens to certain skills, and regular annoying otherwise.

I'm sure the puppet thinks it's helping, casting Fire Shield when an archer takes aim at you, but when it cancels your Final Hit, or your 4/5 Fireball charges, it can be lame.

I use ghost puppet and magic alot and I have never seen such thing happen.
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Rainbow puke... just what I was missing to finally express myself ingame
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    Saving my Gold for that Owl. <3
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
    edited May 2, 2018
    Oh hey,they finally having a rainbow vomit gesture;is gonna be a mess for overusing it!
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited May 3, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    How? O-o

I don't use them, so I don't know about skill canceling. However, when someone else has a fire or lightning shield up, it makes my damage lower and no knockback, I hate that (99% of the time).
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited May 4, 2018
    RoyRed wrote: »
    Oh hey,they finally having a rainbow vomit gesture;is gonna be a mess for overusing it!

Well no...because I am sure it's going to be hell of rare. I kinda wish NA would give this gesture away as an event item so we can make mass rainbow puke a reality.

PLEASE NA? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

yay.gif
    Ktty
  • EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Aww, I like seeing cute little elemental puppets!
    I actually really like the fiery one! I wish I could wear it with the little gremlin puppet we already have.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    i dont usually care about support puppets but that little raincoat one is the boi
    he so happy

also need rainbow vomit... super bad...
    it gives me flashbacks to the war (aka this:)
    6qrfmS0.png
This discussion has been closed.