Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Recent disconnects due to a "threat"

MetrureoMetrureo
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Technical Support
Anyone else getting disconnected lately with this pop up?

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    No. I believe it occurs with certain third party programs that may be assumed to be game modifications or malicious third party software. I would suggest using task manager to shut some irregular functions down.

Otherwise, scan your computer for malware if you "peruse" lewd sites. :/
  • MetrureoMetrureo
    i constantly do scans and i just found it odd since channels suddenly become empty and so far the 1 friend i asked encounters it too, very weird though an no lewd sites unless we count the mabinogi main page lewd with all that hot gacha eye candy we been seeing lately lol
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 26, 2018
    Metrureo wrote: »
    i constantly do scans and i just found it odd since channels suddenly become empty and so far the 1 friend i asked encounters it too, very weird though an no lewd sites unless we count the mabinogi main page lewd with all that hot gacha eye candy we been seeing lately lol

Mabinogi's Firewall will deem certain other applications a threat that will close down the client, despite if it actually isn't. Shut down any extraneous programs to see if this is the issue. Otherwise, reinstall.

I launch via Steam. Do you do as well, or with the actual Nexon Launcher?
  • MetrureoMetrureo
    edited May 26, 2018
    I do use steam as my launcher. As for background apps i close everyhting to a bear minimum and no questionable applications running ever just google chrome steam and my motherboard/graphics card programs that came with the card itself but never had issue untill the cookie event began witch is what confuses me

Edit
    Also im on mari server usualy ch 1 when this happens
  • EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    I was on Mari Ch1 and got booted off because of a "security threat" a couple hours ago too.
    The only other programs open were Windows Media Player and Microsoft Word, so I don't know what caused the issue.

It's the first time I've ever had this issue.
This discussion has been closed.