Check out the patch notes for the September 10th update, Campfire Spirit: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23685
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can't Install Drivers

CICILIACICILIA
Mabinogi Rep: 630
edited September 12, 2017 in Technical Support
Hello, I might be doing this wrong because I am not very familiar with this site, but I just really want some help with installing this game.

*For some reason my draft sent and not the finished message. So I'll re-ask my question.*

I am trying to install this game. They said that I may need to update my drivers. NVIDIA says that java script is required in order to download. ATI just won't work. When I try to download java script, it says that it "may" be harmful to my computer. So I'm wondering if I even need the graphics card, and if so, should I download java script or will something bad happen to my computer?

So, I can't install either of the graphics cards for now in order to Launch the game. Maybe I'm understanding the directions wrong because I don't get a lot of the terms and names but, I don't know what to do. Can anyone assist me with this? Thank you.

P.S. This is what happens when I start up the launcher:
http://s43.photobucket.com/user/KurenaFujio/media/MAbinogi_Launcher_Problem_zpsmzwsovxh.png.html

Comments

• HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,900
    edited September 12, 2017
    CICILIA wrote: »
    I can't install either of the graphics cards
    First things first: A graphics card is a piece of hardware (inside of your computer). You need to find out what kind of graphics card you have (you cannot download a graphics card). The Java download (on either or any driver page) is only necessary to run an applet used to detect the hardware on your system. If you don't have a graphics card, you won't be able to update the drivers for it.

Example: I have an Nvidia GeForce GT 720 connected to the motherboard inside of my computer; it is a physical piece of hardware. :)
    Press the Windows Key+R to open the Run window. -- Type dxdiag in the textfield and press Enter on your keyboard or click OK.

(if prompted for digital signatures press yes)

This will open the Direct X Diagnostic Tool -- Click the Display tab at the top to view graphics card information for your system.

• CICILIACICILIA
    Thank you for responding, I should've mentioned that but I forgot. I was trying to figure out what graphics card I had before posting this and I didn't see either of the typed on mobinogi. It just says, "Manufacturer: Intel Corporation" and "Chip Type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family." So is that the information that you're speaking of? Also, I have a Windows 10 PC.

Lastly, if this means that I don't have a graphics card, are you saying that I would have to get one physically built in? Or use a computer with one? (Since you said that you can't download them.)
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited September 12, 2017
    I'm not too sure about Intel Integrated Graphics, ... but ... if it turns out you don't have a card or you're unable to play as a result .. and you do want a card installed.. you won't be able to download it any more so than a brand new car. (It's not just something I said). :) ... ~ It might be better if you visit the following page and download/run the detection tool provided (click "Can you run it"), to see if you can run Mabinogi.

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/mabinogi/11630
    Aside from system requirements to run the game; The launcher itself (and the game) require a specific version of Microsoft Visual C++ to be installed (software). If you don't have this library installed before attempting to install the launcher; you'll run into problems. If you're on a 32-bit system; only install the x86 package // If you're on a 64-bit system, install both the x86 and the x64 packages..
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
    ~ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
    The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ 2010 SP1 on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2010 SP1 installed.
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
    ~ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523
    The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run 64-bit applications developed with Visual C++ 2010 SP1 on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2010 SP1 installed.

• CICILIACICILIA
    So, it said this:

Recommended: GeForce 9600 GT / ATI Radeon HD 3870
    You Have: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
    Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card

Required
    You Have :
    Pixel Shader version

vertex shader version
    Upgrade Suggested

Your graphic's driver is:
    over 10 months out-of date
    Click here for the latest drivers

CPU
    Recommended: Intel Core i3-530, 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0GHz
    You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz
    Upgrade Suggested

Click here for the latest CPU drivers.

When I clicked, "Click here for the latest drivers" since mine was 10 months old, it eventually took me to this:
    http://driveragentplus.com/purchase.php?prod=63373&aff=0&friend=0&model=HP+Notebook&os=Windows+10+Home+(x64)&cpu=Intel(R)+Corporation,+2200+MHz&ram=8192+MB&gc=130&bc=10&user_id=FD3CD6E9F221DF43FFA845D6C1148A00&run_id=9B70A4808702C723ACF3234651B22648&trackid=3753751561

So ,10% of it is out of date. Should I still download the things that you linked to me?
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited September 13, 2017
    Yes, you'll still need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ package(s) I linked above (if you're on 64-bit, install both).

Here's a direct link (from Intel) for the drivers you'll need to install; now that we know your card type... ...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88355/Intel-HD-Graphics-520 :)
  • CICILIACICILIA
    I clicked the first one which took me here:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27058/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=88355

And then I clicked the first download option because there wasn't a big difference between the two. It didn't work. It said that it wasn't the right version. But I'm also very tired so I'm going to go to sleep and pick it back up in the morning because I also don't really understand what I'm looking at. If there's any way you could help me figure out what I should be clicking on, I would deeply appreciate it and thank you very much for you patience with assisting me.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    On your Desktop; Right-click the Start menu icon (bottom left corner) and click "Device Manager".

In the "Device Manager"; double-left-click on "Display adapters". (expand the menu).

Your card name should be listed there. Right-click on it and choose "Update driver".

You'll be given two options. Choose > "Search automatically for updated driver software".
  • CICILIACICILIA
    I ended up finding someone who could look at it. They tried everything and di a lot of research and eventually saw a lot of things saying that Nexon's Launcher has a bug right now? And they told me that it was available on Steam. So I tried that version and it's working. But thank you for all of the help!
    Hardmuscle