Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New support puppets

ZintackZintack
Mabinogi Rep: 2,635
edited September 14, 2017 in General Chat
I didn't get to watch the twitch stream but-
Bonuses of these new puppets? [Like how they had two odd eye belishas- but the newer ones were better with some new things. <~ those kinds of bonuses]
Difference between ancient and not?

Comments

• badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited September 14, 2017
    One of them you can only summon for three hours a day, and the ancient ones can be summoned for however long you want. And then there's just the regular flying puppets as well that don't do anything.

And they're like the other ones that can see the dungeon orbs and stuff, I don't think they have anything super special to them.
    Zintack
  • ZintackZintack
    Thank youu!
    badnewsbarrett
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    {Name} Flying Puppet = Does Nothing
    {Name} Support Puppet = 3 Hour per-day Activation-Limit
    Ancient {Name} Support Puppet = Unlimited per-day Activation-Limit

The Gremlin, Ice Dragon, Peep Chick, Amulet, and Pixie Fox each come in all three variants.
    pawcalypseZintackcourtneyyPeloi
  • ZintackZintack
    Thank you! I'm also wondering the downsides of them? I heard something that belisha and fsn were better than them?
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Yui and the Fate/Stay support-puppets both featured unlimited-timers, shield-generation, special-attacks, the enemy-radar, map-reveal, and orb-locator abilities, alongside the ability to talk to their users (which can override the Imp during commerce). The new support-puppets are guaranteed to have unlimited-timers (if Ancient Variety), enemy-radar (if not Useless Variety), map-reveal (if not Useless Variety), and orb-locator (if not useless variety), but are almost absolutely-guaranteed to not talk with you (Belisha never did this either).

Due to the extreme cost of getting Yui - somewhere around 30 Million + (at bare-minimum) - and the FSN Support-Puppets being even rarer (due to their Gachapon being non-spammed, since no-one wanted undyable-items from the FSN-event), you would be seriously-advised to just pretend these items don't exist.

While I don't yet know if the new Support-Puppets have a special-attack feature, or a shield-generation feature, I am going to generally assume they do. Assuming they have both these features, then the Ancient Variety - with its unlimited-timer - would be inherently-superior to Belisha, which - up until recently - was the only Support-Puppet in the widely-affordable range. Still - even if they're missing these features - their unlimited-timer (Ancient Variety only) would still make them more-practical than Belisha, as most people generally forget to ever turn Belisha on (making her worthless 100% of the time).
    ZintackRheyGreta
  • TsukiCDSTsukiCDS
    Mabinogi Rep: 105
    I'm still waiting for an unlimited timer Belisha puppet...
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    Due to the extreme cost of getting Yui - somewhere around 30 Million + (at bare-minimum) - and the FSN Support-Puppets being even rarer (due to their Gachapon being non-spammed, since no-one wanted undyable-items from the FSN-event), you would be seriously-advised to just pretend these items don't exist.
    The new ancient puppets cost double the price of Yui...
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    ShouK wrote: »
    ancient puppets cost double the price of Yui...

Give it a few days/a week and they'll drop in price and they'll be comparable to the older puppets. Their current price is mostly from the "OH SHINY AND NEW" effect.
    Kokoro
    Buffalos wrote: »
    ShouK wrote: »
    ancient puppets cost double the price of Yui...

Give it a few days/a week and they'll drop in price and they'll be comparable to the older puppets. Their current price is mostly from the "OH SHINY AND NEW" effect.

I really hope for this too, I'm not sure how much they're going for on Tarlach but I really want one lol.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Unlike Yui they'll likely show up in later Gachapon as well, the tanking is inevitable (although it sometimes takes time).
  • ZintackZintack
    On tarlach, hopefully you're not after pixie fox. Cause that's 40m, dragon 30m?, gremlin 15m, amulet 15m, chicken 5-10m. This is what I've seen.

And yeah- they'll all most likely drop. Halloween ones were like 10m each now I see them for like 200k-2m.
    badnewsbarrett
    Zintack wrote: »
    On tarlach, hopefully you're not after pixie fox. Cause that's 40m, dragon 30m?, gremlin 15m, amulet 15m, chicken 5-10m. This is what I've seen.

And yeah- they'll all most likely drop. Halloween ones were like 10m each now I see them for like 200k-2m.

AHH, that's so much. Since the gacha just came out though, I'm not surprised. Hopefully they'll keep a good drop rate so the price will drop too lol.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    the FSN Support-Puppets being even rarer (due to their Gachapon being non-spammed, since no-one wanted undyable-items from the FSN-event), you would be seriously-advised to just pretend these items don't exist.

I agree. As one who has been hunting 4 fsn puppets since 4 ever & only manage to get Illysviel after parting a yui 4 it. Gold bait would need to be in the 100m+ if U want a small chance @ one. :(
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    Does anyone know the price of Ancient Pixie Fox on Alexina?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Does anyone know the price of Ancient Pixie Fox on Alexina?

Heard it was around 60m, lmao.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    They will return again in later Gachapon, my advice is to be patient and wait for that day to arrive.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I like how even the 3-hours-per-day duration support puppets from this gachapon show the correct orb to hit in dungeons.

I kinda wish they would retroactively change the Belisha Support/Odd-eye Support puppets to have that feature, since it seems to now be a standard for support puppets.