Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Request Craft

SiodhanSiodhan
Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
edited September 22, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hey,

I could be wrong about this, but in all the years I've played I never saw a single thing about requesting someone to craft something for you like you have for enchanting and mana crystallization. Instead, you give your materials to this other person who you may or may not trust and hope for the best. Now, given how I always ranked stuff myself anyway, I didn't really care...but perhaps a system like this would be good?

As in, a button on the crafter's menu to request the materials from a party member. Any one party member can agree to donate and at the beginning of the crafting process, the option to give the end result to the donor can be ticked, allowing for someone to provide materials for a craft that gets placed in their inventory upon successfully crafting, using another person's skill rank like you do when requesting an enchant service from someone. That could prevent scamming and allow people to offer their services, fee or no.

Thoughts?

IGN: Siodhan
Server: Alexina
  1. Implement?15 votes
    1. Yay
       100% (15 votes)
    2. Nay
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Don't care
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yes, this would be a nice function to have.

There'd probably have to have some way to request it other than having the requester being able to equip the hammer and manual, though.
    Or else you wouldn't be able to request certain things that have restrictions, like the Manuals/Patterns that require someone to be Master Smith/Tailor or be in the specific crafting talent (Demonics, Druid Robe, Thames Plate Armor, and such).
    Maybe pressing the "Use" button from the skill window for Blacksmithing/Tailoring when you aren't equipped with the proper tools will have a Request button on the window telling you that you need the proper equipment.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Support! <3
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Here's my thought on this

Players who craft should have an option that would show that they are available to craft for the certain craft they specialize in and their rank in each.

Then, make a board where players needing something to be crafted can post on the board what they need, when they need it by, what they are willing to offer. Crafting players can choose what they want to do and take a posting, and by taking a posting others can't touch it unless the player who took the posting forgoes the quest.
    When taking a posting, the crafter will be able to communicate/negotiate with the requester on further terms.

It's a bit messy of an idea, but setting up a system for crafting would be an incentive for all to be more active.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Request enchant already has most of these function since either party can place materials and it goes to the person who requested. and then adding a small trade window below would allow some form of payment for the process. Pretty sure it's not that hard to implement such a thing since it's been requested ever since Mabinogi has been out.