Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mining - ore drops not visible

LinisterLinister
Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
in Help
Ok, dabbling w smithing and ran into a most frustrating issue. When trying to gain the Refining Skill, on the quest thru the NPC, found something most annoying... going down Barri and found the Ore piles, but when mining them clicking on the Ore it moved my 10yr old body deep into the pile so I could only see my head. Then when the ore began to drop, noticed that the secondary item name pop up, which for me is the one that is clickable for item pick-up, WAS NOT VISIBLE UNDER THAT GIANT ORE PILE!!! On top of that, trying to click around to search for it caused the mining activity to repeat, and then the ore would disappear after a few seconds!!!Tried everything in the short window of time to no success as far as changing camera angles. Never did successfully pick up a drop underneath the pile, only when the pile was flat and depleted I got the last one. I have a good monitor and video card, and set resolution to 800x600, I'm not sure if I got the patience to go down there and try it again with another resolution. Cant mine on the edge of the pile, so drops are always under that graphic.

Comments

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Yeeaaah, that should definitely have been covered at some point in the tutorial. Did they forget to write that in when they last revamped the beginner tuts?

Holding down alt highlights all names of items and people, making them easier to click.

Sometimes the ore drops behind the wall, however, and there's no solution for that afaik. The combined efforts of my clicking and a frantic Ferghus doll never reaches those.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205

Eralea wrote: »
    Yeeaaah, that should definitely have been covered at some point in the tutorial. Did they forget to write that in when they last revamped the beginner tuts?

Holding down alt highlights all names of items and people, making them easier to click.

Sometimes the ore drops behind the wall, however, and there's no solution for that afaik. The combined efforts of my clicking and a frantic Ferghus doll never reaches those.

Wasn't there this method where you can go behind any wall (mostly used with hillwen mine) but it got fixed
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Some walls are... different.

If there's an actual accessible space behind the wall, you can get knocked down into it. I once had to redo one of the Shamala missions (the one in the caves) because a mob knocked me down through the wall into a closed area and there was no other way out.

The Black Sunlight Herb quest in Saga Episode 1 also occasionally spawns the herb behind the sealed doors. They fixed this very recently by allowing you to open them, but up until a few months ago I still needed a nearby demon to throw me through the door.

Things that keep my fantasy life interesting.

Unless I'm mistaken, the area behind dungeon walls are a void, so if you somehow land in there you'll pop back into the dungeon when you try to move.