Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Playing Instrument

SherriSherri
Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
edited October 20, 2017 in Help
Hey! I know this is practically the wrong area, but my thread would just be ignored or locked in the technical issues or bugs thread.
I've noticed after this maintenance ..(maybe even earlier, I may of missed it).. that my music has been messed up.
I use a music scroll with Play Instrument and even though the buff appears and says I play the song right, it still sounds as if I messed up?
Or maybe I need to just reset Mabinogi?
Sorry, thanks ;-;
Never mind, sorry about that, folks. Either I am stupid or.. I am stupid.
Sherri wrote: »
It was just me mislead I think. People said to me that playing an instrument with a music scroll and the music scroll buff activating means I played it right and it would play the song correctly.
I don't know why I just realized that it wasn't like that now but every time I play a music scroll, it always messes up more, even with the buff that the music scroll gives you. I noticed when I was playing music for my crops (I like to play music scrolls because I enjoy the music too) and it would do this to me, which really confused me.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Using "Playing Instrument" doesn't guarantee a perfect play.

Whether the magical music buff on a score scroll activates or not isn't related to if the song sounds perfect, either.
    So you can have the buff activate on a terrible performance, or have it not activate on a great success.
    Sherripawcalypse
  • SherriSherri
    Hm really? I've always been told by people that when the buff goes off, you did it right and it shouldn't sound bad.
    Well crap. Now I appear stupid. X_X
  • SherriSherri
    It was just me mislead I think. People said to me that playing an instrument and the buff activating means I played it right and it would play the song correctly.
    I don't know why I just realized that it wasn't like that now but every time I play a music scroll, it always messes up more, even with the buff that the music scroll gives you. I noticed when I was playing music for my crops (I like to play music scrolls because I enjoy the music too) and it would do this to me, which really confused me.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    edited October 20, 2017
    Hm really? I've always been told by people that when the buff goes off, you did it right and it shouldn't sound bad.

I think they meant the musical buff skills themselves like enduring melody.
    Musical buff skills do a "perfect" play. it plays the song with out mess ups. If you want it for just playing instruments. You need to have your MK a rank higher then your PI, that will increase the chances for a perfect play and will play the music with out a mess up- That being side xD if you want more perfect plays, Get rank one MK and keep PI at rank 2.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    edited October 21, 2017
    Tayloreski wrote: »

I think they meant the musical buff skills themselves like enduring melody.
    Musical buff skills do a "perfect" play. it plays the song with out mess ups. If you want it for just playing instruments. You need to have your MK a rank higher then your PI, that will increase the chances for a perfect play and will play the music with out a mess up- That being side xD if you want more perfect plays, Get rank one MK and keep PI at rank 2.

They said the music buff on a score scroll, which is what I'm asking about but.. why was I always misinformed about that? x_x
    I know that the actual buffs work all the time, but I was always told that score buffs and good musical knowledge means perfect play..

Ah, that's actually a great idea. To be honest, I was working on getting Musical Knowledge to rank 1 at the time and since I was one rank down, I figured it wouldn't mess up very much when I used a r1 scroll.
    At least, it didn't until I noticed today.
    It always activated the scroll buff when I did a perfect play either way..
  • ValenmirValenmir

I think they meant the musical buff skills themselves like enduring melody

They said the music buff on a score scroll, which is what I'm asking about but.. why was I always misinformed about that? x_x

I know that the actual buffs work all the time, but I was always told that score buffs and good musical knowledge means perfect play..

: P could always just do free jam. that will make it perfect to.. Or just get a tuner for the price of a arm and a leg.
  • SherriSherri

: P could always just do free jam. that will make it perfect to.. Or just get a tuner for the price of a arm and a leg.

Hm.. does that one tuner from Musical Math count? I got one around the time the dungeon came out and I didn't know what to do with it.
    I still don't to be honest..
    This thing.. uh.. Tuning Kit
  • ValenmirValenmir

Hm.. does that one tuner from Musical Math count? I got one around the time the dungeon came out and I didn't know what to do with it.

Sadly no, That is only to change the tune of some instruments .
    This is the one you need. qN8vibr.jpg
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    edited October 21, 2017

Awwwh that's kinda dumb. Oh well, I'm still happy I got that Tuning Kit.
    Honestly I wish we just had festival instruments already but that's an entirely different topic :*
    Thanks! Probably worth a lot, yeah.. I doubt 2m is enough haha
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Im on Ruairi and i seen one go for 5m.. xD. Mine was 8m at the time i got it.. I wish i could get a tuning kit but i just dont have it in me to spam that dungeon ;_;.. Anyways, Good luck!
    Sherri
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Assuming you have the ranks required for Playing Instrument and Music Knowledge; The best way to farm perfects is to use a single-note for the scroll (preferably a silent note (rest = r)) ~ and run the score on Auto Repeat Playing Instrument. The more plays available, the better. :)

A "single-note-perfect" has the highest chance of occurring. <~ When it's not guaranteed otherwise , or you're not using Freestyle Jam. :smirk:

: P Pfft yea but thats if your training it, that wont work if your wanting to play a song.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    If you're playing alone, and not in a Jam Session, then you can just substitute a buff skill, like Enduring Melody, instead of the Playing Instrument skill.
    Plays the song perfectly each time. (won't need a note check at the beginning of a scroll either "c&c&c&c&c&c" etc)
    [Deleted User]pawcalypseSherri
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited October 22, 2017

Honestly I wish we just had festival instruments already but that's an entirely different topic :*
    Except they're already in the game :|
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Opalthira wrote: »

Except they're already in the game :|

>.> erm.. i havent seen a festival instrument at all. theres Tuned ones, but not festival ones.
  • SherriSherri
    No, they are not. They implemented them into Composing but I have yet to see any festival instruments.
    Plus I bet they'd throw us a curve ball and have us fish them out of gacha or something.