Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Any "Quick" Way To Do Crystal Defender?

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
edited January 16, 2017 in Help
Just purely for the progress towards the Achievements for it.

Killing a wave and manually exiting (via the button in the upper right) doesn't seem to work.
It gave me a Gift Box (though I had to talk to Fez to get it in that case), but didn't seem to count for "doing" it for the Achievement progress.

I've also heard that you don't get credit if you don't kill any monsters, i.e. you let the waves just time out until the Crystal gets destroyed, so I can't just play dead and let the monsters have at the Crystal without a fight at all.

So far, I've been getting up to Wave 6, then letting them destroy the crystal. For my first time that day, anyways.
Then for every VIP pass after that, I've been starting from Wave 6 and killing 1 wave, before letting the monsters go at the crystal unstopped.
Just because it takes so long for monsters in the waves before that to destroy the crystal.

But even this takes quite a while. (like 6 minutes or so) for the monsters to kill the crystal.
It goes a little faster if I get myself killed, rather than the crystal, but I'm still wondering.

What's the fastest way to blow through your VIP passes for Crystal Defender, while still getting achievement progress for it?

Comments

• FortunatePentagramFortunatePentagram
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,645
    edited January 17, 2017
    You could invest a bit more time on your first run to get to the later checkpoints.

I use the wave 16 checkpoint. I kill 1 mob and then let the other mobs kill the crystal. 1 round takes like 1,5-2mins.
    So it's more efficient if you do many rounds on a higher checkpoint to make the time invested in the first round worth it.

For your round to count for the achievement, the npc says you have to kill atlas 1 mob. If he means from the current wave or the whole round, idunno, haven't tested.