Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Elf Revamp, Yes I said it.

NachanNachan
Mabinogi Rep: 950
in General Chat
I have been playing as my elf character Nachan(Alexina) for quite some time now and there are some issues I would like to address in the form of an Elf Revamp.

Skill Changes

Mirage missile is a waste of a skill if you ask me. When you compare our skills to humans there is a huge difference in quality. Humans have arrow revolver and we have what? A weak wannabe poison spread. I don't know any archers that use it. I suggest revamping it into a new skill entirely. The new Mirage Missile would be a magic shot that doesn't do any damage but gives the target a debuff that makes the next attack does 3x damage on said target(excluding godmode attacks). This skill has one fatal flaw however. It makes that enemy insta aggro the user once mirage missile hits. As part of the elven revamp hide (renamed Vanish) now lets the user do one attack before deactivating. The onlys skill that doesnt deactivate vanish is mirage missile. This makes mirage missile viable. As a result vanish uses 4x the mana while loading an attack (not having one activated). So if you use fireball while hidden you will suck up allot of mana. You cant use hide with a skill activated excluding Mirage missile and Meditate.

The next skill to be changed is Mana Shield. The first change is to fix the glitch where sometimes attacks override mana shield and attack health directly. The next change is to give it a well needed visual revamp.I propose a spinning blue sphere barrier that surrounds the player. The more max mana the player has the bigger the barrier. Also the lower the users mana is the more cracked the barrier becomes.

Final shot now never misses and ignores armor as well.

Elven Magic Missile is in desperate need of a revamp. It is now a two pronged attack. First of all the weapon you are using (wand or bow) determimes which part of the attack will do more damage. It is equal by default. First you select the aoe location. Then you hail down a flurry of arrows in a large aoe around the targeted area. Finally a huge magic circle appears on the ground where the arrows landed and either a lightning storm, fire explosion or large hailstorm obliterates whatever sorry creature remains. The arrows scale with dex and the magic storm scales with int. Im not good at calculating dmg but it would have decent damage, not 200 like it is now.

The last skill in this revamp is a new skill I have invented. Its called Feint. Its a treat dor the few elves (including myself) who decided to go against the meta and use melee. It is meant to be used in tandem with Vanish and Mirage Missile. Feint is a two part attack, three if you include mirage. Feint on its own creates an after image of yourself (even if vanished). While the enemy is confused you can move behind the enemy and click to attack a weak spot. This attack ignores defense and protection and causes the target to bleed out. The ideal setupis to shoot the target first with mirage missile to get triple damage. Sure daggers are a joke now but once they have decent options this skill will be viable. With this revamp I have essentially created a new racial class, the desert assassin. Sure it wont be thev strongest melee buildbout there but it would atleast be fun.

Other changes
Elves can dual weild daggers only
More daggers have been added
( weaker than swords)
Hide changed to Vanish
Vanish is much harder to see in pvp
Vanish is complete invisibility in Connous
Vanish can attack once before appearing.
Daggers deal more damage when vanished.

Cooldowns

Elven Magic Missile twice per trans
Vanish- 20 sec no attack. 5 min with attack.
Magic Missile- once every 15 min
Final Hit- same
Feint- 14 min