Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Journal needs changed / updated

ArjuneArjune
Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
edited December 10, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
This has been bothering me for a while... every time I open my journal I see this:

RNtIIbz.jpg

and of course I think "man I wanna be closer to finished than THAT. I'm not even at 50% PFFFFF" so I go and check what I am missing. What do I need to do to get higher than 50% completion in this journal after playing for like 4 years?

hAZQfse.jpg

create-own-memes.jpg

AHA! There's the culprit! Well the game doesn't exactly say what I need to do to get those missing points though.... so let me check the wikipedia :)

YMynHV2.jpg

W..wait... wait WHAT? Only 1 person can EVER accomplish any of those in the ENTIRE SERVER. EVER. 3,300 of the points I'm missing for my journal are 100% impossible for me to get!! That's really upsetting to me. I want to feel accomplished in the game, but every time I check my journal I'm not even 50% done and it makes me not feel accomplished.

these entries need to be worth 0 points. The journal should be checked for anything people can't possibly do and changed to where ANY PLAYER can get 100% journal completion if they work hard enough. it's very very discouraging to me and I'm sure other players as well that we cannot complete the journal or even get close to finishing it. Most of people who play today weren't even around during the seal breaker era

While we're at it, here's 1 more ridiculous thing

dyfpmXf.jpg

This needs to set the other 3 to 0 points once you achieve one because that's another 150 impossible points to earn considering the fact you can only get 1 transformation and you can only be 1 race

IGN: Darvy
Server: Mari

Side note... Giants can't get the points for archery talent and Elves can't get points for knight talent in the journal either...nor can I figure out how I am missing 4,000 points in the battle section of the journal
GretaSherri
  1. Should the journal be made compleey fair to every player?15 votes
    1. yes
       67% (10 votes)
    2. no
       33% (5 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I agree. Now this explains why i still got lame percentage in my Journal as well, even though i'm playing Mabinogi for years too. Also, why would people vote "No" to this? Special snowflakes??? Probably...
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I dunno but if they vote no they could at least explain why in the comments or give an alternate method. I guess maybe the people that voted no are people who are not completionists and just don't care... and if they don't care they didn't have to vote at all. I hope they didn't vote no simply because they dislike ME
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Arjune wrote: »
    I dunno but if they vote no they could at least explain why in the comments or give an alternate method. I guess maybe the people that voted no are people who are not completionists and just don't care... and if they don't care they didn't have to vote at all. I hope they didn't vote no simply because they dislike ME

THIS.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    This makes a lot of sense, I agree the journal should be able to be completed by everyone with hard work and dedication.

On the side note about giants and elves, maybe have journals specific to race? Just a quick thought..
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    You're also forgetting that Giants and Elves miss out on the extra AP from the talents