Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Give us the same events as other counties/servers

SamuelalexSamuelalex
Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
edited January 18, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
IGN Samuelalex
Server Mari

Nexon NA has been flooded with inactive/afk events that do little to nothing to help the game or players. It clogs the servers with people doing nothing making it near impossible for people trying to accomplish something from even logging in let alone complete their quests or make any progress. Right now we have three afk events going on MusicQ (training renoun where people spam music nonstop usually with multiple parties in the same area) which causes massive lag and disconnects, then we have Pheonix Event which is again entirely AFK based requiring you to be logged in for 10 hours and no other tasks are required again causing massive lag with multiple people sitting around doing nothing, and then the big one Master Plan which not only is another AFK event, but its a cumulative one requiring you to have knowledge to click rebirth button every hour to get item instead of it simply auto granting the thing when you have enough points.

AFK events are hurting the game and making it impossible for people to stay logged in and complete quests or even complete those events because of the massive amount of afkers doing absolutely nothing. As silly as this sounds this is very flustering and causes constant lag and repeated disconnects. Stop the events that are AFK sit around doing nothing please.

Furthermore I'd like to compare two events going on and note some similarities and some obvious omissions:

Nexon Japan will be getting this event containing almost all the same prizes we are currently getting in NA except for a few more desirable ones such as the Milkyway Music Box
http://mabinogi.nexon.co.jp/notice/eventBoardContent.asp?ix=5930

Now compare that to our master plan event in NA
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/1/00J2Z/mabinogi-master-plan-event

Japan's event is attendance requiring that you only login once to get rewarded and not have to remain logged in afterwards. Their list has many of the same items but also includes two things which NA doesn't get Opera Glasses and Milyway Music Box.

NA's Master Plan is much harder to finish because it requires you stay online for an hour for each prize and it is not auto granted when you have enough points. If you don't click the button the timer doesn't start for the next item making it even longer and harder to finish. The reward list is basically the same for NA every week except for the chair item changing if you are able to stay logged in for 9 hours. Granted NA does get an outfit and a different chair based item, but I don't think it is comparable to the end reward Japan players get the Milkyway Music Box.

The short end of this is NA players should be given the same event opportunists and rewards that other servers. We need to make this game user friendly and reduce lag/disconnects which can be accomplished by reducing the number of AFkers and eliminating the stacking of AFK based events.

SylviaWolfeTinysatanchanIchigo015

Comments

• SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I had not realized that you had to click each hour for the rewards o_o as someone who wants to get the outfit by collecting coupons but has both work and school this is impossible for me (and I'm sure for many even busier others). At least commit to the AFK and make it auto-grant rewards or make it grindable to earn them like with the mission point or Samhain events....
    Tinysatanchan
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited January 19, 2017
    To be fair, having to read through each reward and how long we have to AFK for to press a button that works like mechanics from 10 years ago...is VERY lame. The outfit looks nice, but it just is too complex, confusing, and would have worked much better with a different UI that lists each daily reward instead. I believe there's a function such as this in Revelation Online, and it feels so much smoother of an experience. (It's the Fortune Egg, something every China game is known for)
    Tinysatanchan
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    edited January 19, 2017
    The only good thing about it is you dont have to stay logged in 10 hours in a row. Say you do 2 hours today then you need 8 more hours between now and the start of the next week which is every wednesday. The hours accumulate but the timer for next item only starts after you click the button to claim the current item which is totally lame. Attendance event would have been so much better so people would get their rewards and not have to remain logged in for longer than they needed to be. I crashed 7 times in a row yesterday trying to continent warp back to dunby because like I said there is too many people AFKing and spamming music for renoun making the town lag and very unstable.
    SylviaWolfeNekoLilyTinysatanchan
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,735
    So... an AFK event isn't good, but a non-totally-AFK event isn't good either?
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    @Neko which non afk event are you referring to? The events I'm talking about are
    1. MusicQ specifically people spamming music non stop in multiple parties in towns making them lag excessively and cause disconnects for people trying to enter. This I consider AFK because it does not require any tasks completed by the person other than joining the party and sitting around while multiple people spam...which should be done on homesteads imo not in towns.
    2. is the Pheonix event which is again completely AFK event requiring no quests to complete or specific tasks to get rewards if you are lucky enough to stay in alls you have to do is sit around doing nothing which again causes massive lag and disconnects for people trying to access areas where AFK parties are gathered.
    3. Master Plan is again another afk event with the only difference being you have to click once an hour to get reward, but still floods the servers with massive amount of lag due to people staying in the game continuously.

I want to encourage events that are active participation where people go around doing tasks or completing quests so everyone isn't gathered in one place and the servers aren't overloaded with idle people making game slow or crash locking out people from playing and making progress. Events should not hinder the players from doing normal functions of the game by creating lag and other problems.
    Tinysatanchan
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Why not just bring back the pet dungeon event?