Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

weapon appearance change scrolls...

LinisterLinister
Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
edited January 19, 2018 in Help
can you still upgrade the weapon after you change its appearance? or should one only change "finished" items? assume everything stays the same except appearance, but thought checking with forum is prudent ...

Comments

• TheRocket35TheRocket35
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    edited January 24, 2018
    I have another question about Appearance Scrolls.
    I have a Appearance Scroll for beam sabers and and I have plenty of swords, and I would love to put it one some daggers I have, but it says I don't have anything compatible for some reason. I just don't get what is going wrong and why it won't let me use the dang scroll. The wiki also doen't seem to say what the problem is.
    I am at a loss. Did I just waste my gold on a item I can't even use? I don't even know why I can't use them. So frustrating.
    Is it that the sword has to be the same size (1x4 ) as each other to use the scroll?, because that really limits the usability of the scrolls?

Edit
    Can someone please explain how these scrolls work?
    Has anyone gotten one to work, and if so then how?
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I have another question about Appearance Scrolls.
    I have a Appearance Scroll for beam sabers and and I have plenty of swords, and I would love to put it one some daggers I have, but it says I don't have anything compatible for some reason. I just don't get what is going wrong and why it won't let me use the dang scroll. The wiki also doen't seem to say what the problem is.
    I am at a loss. Did I just waste my gold on a item I can't even use? I don't even know why I can't use them. So frustrating.
    Is it that the sword has to be the same size (1x4 ) as each other to use the scroll?, because that really limits the usability of the scrolls?

Edit
    Can someone please explain how these scrolls work?
    Has anyone gotten one to work, and if so then how?

Daggers are not swords thats why its not working for you.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    The changes should be cosmetic only and should have no changes whatsoever on gameplay.

Scrolls only work on the same type of weapon, bows on bows swords on swords, two hand sword on two hand swords ect.
  • TheRocket35TheRocket35
    Opalthira wrote: »

1. the game counts daggers as swords in every other way and they are on the sword list. They are swords as far as the game system is concerned
    2. the scrolls don't work on ANY of the 1handed swords I have (Gladius, Fluted Short Sword, Falcata, Wooden Blade, and of course more daggers)

Have you ever successfully used a weapon appearance change scroll and if so then what exactly were the circumstances? I am trying to figure this out but I have no information to go on.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    edited January 27, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »

1. the game counts daggers as swords in every other way and they are on the sword list. They are swords as far as the game system is concerned
    2. the scrolls don't work on ANY of the 1handed swords I have (Gladius, Fluted Short Sword, Falcata, Wooden Blade, and of course more daggers)

Have you ever successfully used a weapon appearance change scroll and if so then what exactly were the circumstances? I am trying to figure this out but I have no information to go on.

Im going to generally assume that those beam sword appearance scrolls can only be use don on beams swords.
    I tried every item in my inventory and it wouldn't let me use them. Until i put a beam sword in it.

The only thing i have appearance scrolled is my bdk bow into a toy bow.
    So for some reason the beam sword appearance scrolls are limited to only beam swords.
  • TheRocket35TheRocket35
    If that is correct then that kind of sucks. While I like the look of beam swords I hate the repair cost.
    Looks like I ether wasted gold for scrolls I won't use or will waste TONs of gold on a beam sword.
    Just to make sure I will buy a battle sword to see if it works on a sword with the same dimentions (1x4). If not then I will probably just end up destroying the scrolls since they can't be traded anymore.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    The beam sword scrolls are to take a beam sword's appearance and make it into a scroll. Then, I assume, it's to be used on any other sword. That's how I understood the scrolls you get. Has this been done?
    Jazmyn
  • BizarrelmageBizarrelmage
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    It's supposed to be used on the beam sword with the same color designated on the scroll to FILL it first(you're probably trying to use an empty appearance scroll), then you can use it to transfer the appearance to something compatible.
  • TheRocket35TheRocket35
    It's supposed to be used on the beam sword with the same color designated on the scroll to FILL it first(you're probably trying to use an empty appearance scroll), then you can use it to transfer the appearance to something compatible.

If that is the case then I totally got scammed. That really is not obvious in the way the item text and even when I asked in game no one knew that. Why it is set up that way is beyond me. Well I guess they will just have to rot in my bank until the unlikely event I find cheap beam swords (unlikely).
    At least that explains why the scrolls themselves were actually affordable in price. Because barely anyone can use them in the first place. Not only do you need a beam sword, you need one the right color and probably type too. Like something tells me if I tried to use a bargain or focused beam sword of the same color I will find I would have wasted even more money despite them looking the same.
    So do they work with broken (0 durability) beam swords. I think if I did somehow manage to get the swords I would use them until I ran the durability down, scroll them, then transfer the appearance to something else.
    Ether way I guess I got items to hunt and gold to earn if I don't want the scrolls to go to waste.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira

If that is the case then I totally got scammed. That really is not obvious in the way the item text and even when I asked in game no one knew that. Why it is set up that way is beyond me. Well I guess they will just have to rot in my bank until the unlikely event I find cheap beam swords (unlikely).
    At least that explains why the scrolls themselves were actually affordable in price. Because barely anyone can use them in the first place. Not only do you need a beam sword, you need one the right color and probably type too. Like something tells me if I tried to use a bargain or focused beam sword of the same color I will find I would have wasted even more money despite them looking the same.
    So do they work with broken (0 durability) beam swords. I think if I did somehow manage to get the swords I would use them until I ran the durability down, scroll them, then transfer the appearance to something else.
    Ether way I guess I got items to hunt and gold to earn if I don't want the scrolls to go to waste.

Yeah i confirmed that its what the other person stated.
    You need a beams sword of that colour and then it consumes the sword and turns it into a new scroll that can be used on weapons.