Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Donation Dumpster

JazmynJazmyn
Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
edited September 10, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
So there's a forum that I am a member of and used to be really active on ages ago that had items you can dress your avatars with; and I keep seeing people dropping items in-game and complaining about items they have no room for and no need for that other people could use.

On this forum I mentioned in the first part of my sentence, there is this thing called "Dumpster Dive", where you can take unwanted items and "Donate" them to said "dumpster", and every 5 minutes or so members can click to "dive into the dumpster" and get a random item that someone donated. It would be neat if we could have somewhere we can donate our unwanted items to, that people can visit once an in-game day and collect a random item from this location.

I don't like throwing away useful items, even if its not something I will use, so I unfortunately hoard. This could help save us inventory space and help others at the same time.

EDIT: I also got to thinking, maybe limit the number of items allowed to donate to like, 5 an in-game day, otherwise people might rage-quit and regret donating a lot of items at once. :o

Test Edit.
[Deleted User]ZeoApollodorus
  1. Donation Dumpster15 votes
    1. This is a good idea.
       80% (12 votes)
    2. This is a good start to an idea, but I have other ideas to add or subtract.
       7% (1 vote)
    3. This isn't a good idea.
       7% (1 vote)
    4. Other.
       7% (1 vote)

Comments

• CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    This sounds like a good idea, but I'm certain people will make it become 5% chance of something interesting, 95% chance of dead bee.
    JazmynLadame
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Caissa wrote: »
    This sounds like a good idea, but I'm certain people will make it become 5% chance of something interesting, 95% chance of dead bee.

Most likely, but I think that's why it would be more along the lines of a "dumpster". You would NEVER go into it expecting you'd actually get something good, but you never know what you may find. That being said, I figured gems would be the number one thing, I never considered a dead bee so I would have been surprised. LOL. :)
    [Deleted User]
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Wondertrade Mabi edition.
    JazmynSylviaWolfe
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    Opalthira wrote: »

Gaiaonline had it before wonder trade.... and its called Dumpster dive... lol
    YangKoete
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Sgiathach wrote: »

Gaiaonline had it before wonder trade.... and its called Dumpster dive... lol

That’s exactly what Jazmyn was referring to..
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited January 27, 2018
    Zeo wrote: »
    Sgiathach wrote: »

- had it before wonder trade.... and its called Dumpster dive... lol

That’s exactly what Jazmyn was referring to..

Yup, I was just being polite and not name dropping the forum. :)